Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

I hope Riccochet seriously considers the jump to AEW when his contract runs out.  He's perfect fit here and has history with Lucha Bros from Underground as Prince Puma. 

haha idk why I didn't really get that the Best Man stuff was a spoof on Rusev's WWE wedding history but when it hit me I felt pretty dumb.  

NWA doesn't have alot of talent but I'd surely like to see Nick Aldis join AEW - and he has a history with Cody.  I like the vibe of what they do, they just don't have much in terms of roster talent.

• Like 1

Man, RIP - most fondly remember Butch as part of Doom with Ron Simmons...awesome tag team.  also remember his feud with JYD which ages me a bit lol.

• 2 weeks later...

https://wrestlingnews.co/njpw-news/top-star-will-be-involved-in-njpws-partnerships-with-aew-and-impact-wrestling/

Top star will be involved in NJPW’s partnerships with AEW and Impact Wrestling

NJPW has started working with not just AEW, but also Impact Wrestling.

On Saturday at the end of Impact Wrestling’s No Surrender event, it was announced that NJPW stars Juice Robinson and David Finlay Jr. would be appearing on this Tuesday’s Impact Wrestling episode on AXS TV.

The NJPW – AEW working relationship officially started earlier this month when KENTA attacked Jon Moxley. They then worked a multiple person match on last week’s episode of Dynamite as KENTA teamed up with AEW Champion Kenny Omega against Moxley and Lance Archer in the main event.

Dave Meltzer mentioned on today’s Wrestling Observer Radio that former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada will be part of NJPW’s new partnerships with Impact Wrestling and AEW.

The frequency of NJPW stars appearing in the United States for Impact and AEW is dependent on the COVID travel restrictions and quarantine guidelines.

“So they are [NJPW]..everyone’s in business now and it’s all open and Okada’s coming at some point, somewhere. I don’t know where, but I know he’s coming. It’s not going to be in NXT, and other people are coming. We may get Okada with Omega or Omega with [Kota] Ibushi. I don’t know if we’re getting it, I just know it makes sense, the doors are open and that’s a good thing.

Okada joining the merger! Awesome!

Omega vs Okada again??

• Love 1

RIHO is back and immediately elevates the division.  The match she just had on Dynamite with Serena Deeb was absolutely fantastic.  Really good.  The awesome chant was going from the crowd.  Just great. 

4 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

they are elevated above all with Tay Conti and Anna Jay IMO.  👀

Absolutely! Love both of them. Anna can give you palpitations. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Absolutely! Love both of them. Anna can give you palpitations. 

I'm a Tay Guy...which is a t-shirt just waiting to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUMicBK said:

I'm a Tay Guy...which is a t-shirt just waiting to happen.

Definitely think she's underrated.  Loved it when she signed. 

yep, hope we at least still see her on Dynamite and BTE.  If you guys aren't watching BTE, you're missing out.  The Dark Order guys are hilarious.

Say what??!!  I wish they would have had a surprise appearance to announce this because it would have popped! I did seeing it.  

file.jpg

He will be starting at commentary on the new AEW Dark: Elevation show before eventually returning to ring. Maybe that's why they didn't have him just show up.  He's not going to storyline yet. Big big name to further draw ratings. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Say what??!!  I wish they would have had a surprise appearance to announce this because it would have popped! I did seeing it.  

file.jpg

He will be starting at commentary on the new AEW Dark: Elevation show before eventually returning to ring. Maybe that's why they didn't have him just show up.  He's not going to storyline yet. Big big name to further draw ratings. 

If Cody Rhodes is unable to wrestle against Shaq (due to rotar cuff injury), is there a chance Paul Wight could take his place?

34 minutes ago, Paladin said:

If Cody Rhodes is unable to wrestle against Shaq (due to rotar cuff injury), is there a chance Paul Wight could take his place?

Could.  I know that's a dream match that Paul Wight has stated that he wanted in the past.  I feel like if they were going to do that, we could have that surprise appearance to go with it.  But I definitely that happens at some point. Maybe he gets involved in their match to set up a future match with them. 

• Like 1

yeah i was really surprised they didn't take the opportunity for the tv pop of PW showing up at Dynamite.  seemed kind of a ho hum announcement for such a big deal.  excited to see what Dark: Elevation is all about.

Happy for Bobby Lashley on Monday.  Well deserved after 16 years.  Long overdue.  

On another note ... the AEW women's tourney gave good quality matches throughout.  Sakura was a lot more skilled than she showed in AEW. Makes sense with her being the teacher to most of those Japanese wrestlers.  But she pulled out some incredible submission moves.  Still love ThunderRosa.  I forgot how incredible Riho and Suka are.  Looking forward to more of the women's wrestling.  WWE has been ruining all of their momentum in that division on their main shows.  I realize mostly due to time off by some of their main stars. 

I see there's rumors that NXT will move to Tuesdays.  That should help both AEW and NXT. Obviously could be a blow to Impact. But AEW has been winning the overall viewers most days, and crushing in the 18-49 demo. 

Go home episode for Revolution tonight.  Gonna be good.  

SmartSelect_20210303-190721_Chrome.jpg

Fans of 80's wrestling will always remember the days of The NWA and World Championship Wrestling on The Superstation. Ric Flair, Wahoo McDaniel, Dusty Rhodes, Ivan and Nikita Koloff, Magnum T.A., Rock and Roll Express, Midnight Express, Road Warriors, Sting, Tully Blanchard, The Andersons, The Four Horsemen and others to numerous to name. 

6:05 pm on Saturday was a must watch for wrestling fans. Wrestling in the years 1985-87 was the best ever, in my opinion.

The man responsible was Jim Crockett Jr who passed away this evening.

Edited by Paladin

Shaq did a lot better than I thought he would.  He wasn't wild with his moves.  Very entertaining match to open show. Never saw a back shoulder flip go so high as Cody did lol. Shaq used his size well with some massive slaps. He can take a major bump like a champ as well going through 2 tables.  Very fun.  

The entire show was fantastic.  I think the right endings happened etc. Also revealed to have 2 surprise additions at Revolution.  1 will be a ladder match participant.  The other is a Huge huge Hall of Fame caliber wrestler that signed a multi year deal.  Paul Wight said its not who we think (could it be Paul himself as a heel turn lol) .  What did you think of Paul's Shirt? "NO MORE BS!" awesome!. 2 meanings.  I think he will be fantastic on commentary and just great positive presence on the show.  Revolution will be awesome, may end up being the best PPV this year. Tune in Sunday. 

8 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

i've seen a little bit of speculation on it being CM Punk.  No idea though!

I've seen speculation that Christian/Captain Charisma/Christian Cage could possibly be the mystery wrestler. 

I enjoyed TNA (Late 2005-2008) when Christian Cage was the champion, on two occasions.