Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

A little more in ring polish and he's everything you could want in a wrestler.

He does look the part.  Hope they don't screw this one up. 

Dynamite was great entertainment last night.  Loved the CM Punk segment to start.  Hayter and Riho put together a good match. I love them getting good time, but I thought it went a little too long.  Nice storyline teases everywhere.  They just get it. 

Oh and I love Kris Statlander 😍 ♥.  She didn't even wrestle.  Lol

On 12/1/2021 at 5:51 PM, AUBwins said:

He does look the part.  Hope they don't screw this one up. 

They had him pin Ciampa at war games during the main event. Perfect. Have him show marked improvement but show it's only a matter of time before it's his belt.

As for screwing it up, Corny and last both made good points here. 

Long and short of it he may so over that even bad creative would have a hard time effing it up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

They had him pin Ciampa at war games during the main event. Perfect. Have him show marked improvement but show it's only a matter of time before it's his belt.

As for screwing it up, Corny and last both made good points here. 

Long and short of it he may so over that even bad creative would have a hard time effing it up. 

That's cool.  Adam Cole is one of the most over guys in the business.  Do you think he could have survived the look change and manager role they wanted him to do if he stayed lol? 

Jeff Hardy released from WWE. Eventually will give the Hardyz a chance to reunite again in the great Tag wrestling of AEW. That's on the back burner though for now.  Jeff needs to get healthy.  He supposedly had a scary night during a house show where he just walked out.  WWE offered rehab but Jeff refused it.  That's the story anyways.  Addiction is so tormenting for families.  I hope he can get right. 

Official ..FGTDKGvXMAMGPBW.jpg.b5e6591b6d1be7c6a3ee25e4be5375a4.jpg

I was really impressed with how fluid he looked in the ring Friday. No nonsense, aggressive and technical.  And the Tazmission as the finisher haha.  Great teacher of course,  but he looked good.  Great home grown product for AEW.  

• 3 weeks later...

AEW is rolling right now on all cylinders.  Great feuds going or getting started.  And now we have Undisputed Era fully in AEW (known as Adam Cole and Red Dragon atm). Also had another big time signing in the women's division, Mercedes Martinez attacked ThunderRosa during TBS match.  Signed to a full contract now after leaving WWE.

fh0kkh7xmas7k_5.thumb.jpeg.b084309885e4a9e5cd9430e80cc0419e.jpeg

Could another big time piece come in 30 days in Toni Storm? Women's division getting stout now.  

Main event was nuts.  Loved it.  Best Friends against the Undisputed Era team.  UE had some incredible Trios spots.  Bigger stage for them now, but rival brewing over UE and Superkliq for Adam Cole allegiance.  

Next week, AEW begins on the mother ship TBS. This is going to be the best year in wrestling, no doubt. 

Oh and the Hikaru Shida vs Serena Deeb is still getting play and is fantastic.  Brings another level to Shida actually having to do promos and genuine hatred towards an opponent.  Sure that was a plan for that elevation.  

Edited by AUBwins

Good match on Rampage this week. Most of America didn't see since on NYE and CFP games.  Women's Street Fight - Feud between Tay Jay and Penelope Ford, Allie. Wasn't the best executed match but my goodness they throw down hard. Went through Tables (sometimes not) and Superplex on tacks. Included a strong yet painful finish.  Worth the watch. 

1st night for Dynamite on TBS was awesome, but also had a very cringe injury live in main event with Ray Fenix.  Wasn't acknowledged and actually showed a replay of the move that did it but Fenix had to have literally broke his arm tonight.  That scream of pain was legit.  But also another Tease lights out moment ...

AEW Battle of the Belts tonight on TNT. 1 hour show I believe (maybe 2) with a bit underwhelming card but I feel we will have at least 1, maybe more arrivals tonight to cover that.  Event is in Charlotte.  We know at least 1 person from there.  But there have been blackouts during matches in previous weeks.  Just feel like tonight will bring something with it. 

Well BOTB was a bit underwhelming.  No surprises.  Had some quality matches but didn't really see the point in the show.  They ended up using all the champions on the dark matches following so maybe making it 2 hours and have every champion in a televised match would feel better about it. 

Also an aside, Renee Paquette's Oral Sessions podcast is a good watch / listen. She has Killer Karrion Cross and Scarlett on recently.  That was a good session.  Learned a few things regarding the usage of KK and S during the call up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well @GwillMac6your favorite night in wrestling is here!  ROYAL RUMBLE!!! I think it will be a good one because it has to be.  Vince needs ratings and numbers in a big way for those TV suits.  Forbidden door, returning superstars, drooling matches for fans years in the making (despite only a month to build lol)  etc.

Ought to be fun! Of course it may be watched on delay since our boy Bruce has a key game being played lol

• Love 1

On 9/30/2021 at 6:58 PM, AUBwins said:

Agreed that promo was fantastic.  There were a few moments that got me to pop a little.  I'm excited Lio Rush is back and signed with AEW. As the show got going, seriously doubted they would upstage the Brody night with a major appearance like Bray. Some think more likely to go to Impact but he keeps things close to vest. 

94b54e_f7d12582e26c4451983e441ad64bd784_mv2.jpg

I guess he only had a 4 month contract lol. He's leaving after Valentines day. 

• Haha 1

This is so incredibly clean execution.  Awesome!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZS0hJfPmix/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I guess Instagram doesn't automatically show up here.  

Oh and Rumble was just meh to me.  There were some good moments of course.  Loved Seth and Roman (especially Seth angle for the match) , end of Lesnar and Lashley, and was actually entertained in the Grit vs It couple.  Disappointed in the actual rumbles.  All the talk of forbidden door etc, thought there would be a bigger surprise somewhere other than the obvious women's one.  Also this match shows how many good people were cut.  Very lacking in marquee talent.  

Really cool image from Rumble after it was over. Undertaker getting taken to school by his and Michelle McCools daughter.  Love this. 

273174204_148145580921319_4220812019171269907_n.jpg

A lot of buzz about the debut coming up on AEW Dynamite this week.  Several wrestlers have now surpassed their 90 days.  Mention of Forbidden Door as well, along with going through forbidden door even if currently in another promotion.  Interesting choice of words.  Most probable free agent would be Keith Lee. But people speculating anyone with being disgruntled at WWE. Craziest is Triple H lol.  I'd have to see that one too believe it.  Of course Shane McMahon as well but gosh I hope they don't bring him in.  He'd be a cancer in that locker room imo. Could it be Okada coming in? TBS promoting as the Wednesday that could change everything.  Anyways, sounds like fun!

Bask in his Glory!  AEW is now limitless!

FLMyy3pXMAEKu6O.jpeg.thumb.webp.15dcd6aeedd14a9a20696ab16b7a0fae.webp

Keith freaking Lee is All Elite!!!! And looks fantastic. Dynamite has been fantastic so far. 

oh and Jay White has appeared through the FD. 

Edited by AUBwins

Keith Lee Debut match.  Couple of moments I loved.  When he sees the sign with his silhouette in the crowd, he takes it in (mentions this in a tweet after). That throw of Kassidy ... oh my gosh!  That dude flew!  The spot after the match with both PP trying to jump on him outside.  Incredible strength on the catch of Quinn especially.  Lastly, the shot of Mia afterwards at ringside.  I am stoked about Keith Lee.  Really happy to see my favorites coming to AEW.  

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watch Revolution? Some real bangers in there.  One of my favorite moments (there were many). 

So a lot has gone down this week in wrestling.  Start with scary news.  Big E hit directly on top of his head on floor outside the ring during a belly to belly suplex.  Broke his neck.  He said he will recover but very scary stuff.  Especially being a bigger guy landing like that.  

Also the Hardy Boyz have reunited in AEW!! Swerve, Paige Van Zant, and William Regal joined AEW!

I'm sure most who follow pro-wrestling have heard by now the news of the passing of Scott Hall.

R.I.P. to the 'Bad Guy'

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'm sure most who follow pro-wrestling have heard by now the news of the passing of Scott Hall.

R.I.P. to the 'Bad Guy'

One of the most consistent, enjoyable personalities in all of wrestling. 

• Like 1