Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

One of the most consistent, enjoyable personalities in all of wrestling. 

Some of the casual wrestling fans may not know this but Scott Hall is the one that actually came up with the 'Crow' version of Sting, which Sting has mostly portrayed since 1996. Hall had a great mind for wrestling.

• Like 1

One thing's for sure ... Britt and ThunderRosa are not afraid to put their bodies on the line when they fight each other.  I liked Dynamite. Lot of interesting stories. So happy for Thunder. Hardys were fun to watch again.  A little team rust (and they are getting old for a high flying team). Anyways it was enjoyable. 

53 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I should pop in and share this

20220323_175313.jpg

Awesome!  I was wondering if you'd be there.  Can't believe you were that close to the Hardy spot!!  That match was insane fun.  Did you just follow them out to the lobby? 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Awesome!  I was wondering if you'd be there.  Can't believe you were that close to the Hardy spot!!  That match was insane fun.  Did you just follow them out to the lobby? 

Once I realized they were likely heading to the concourse, I went out there.  I also happened to be coming back from the bathroom later and got held up because this happened:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Once I realized they were likely heading to the concourse, I went out there.  I also happened to be coming back from the bathroom later and got held up because this happened:

Maaan, the first time I went to a small house show at 5 Points Music Hall in the Ham... that really opened my eyes to what wrestling is all about. Had to pick my beer up off the bar so some dude could bodyslam his opponent right in front of me. That's way more fun than the big arena stuff. (Which is  also fun as hell.)

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Maaan, the first time I went to a small house show at 5 Points Music Hall in the Ham... that really opened my eyes to what wrestling is all about. Had to pick my beer up off the bar so some dude could bodyslam his opponent right in front of me. That's way more fun than the big arena stuff. (Which is  also fun as hell.)

This arena is perfect for a tv wrestling show.  Holds about 6,000 people.  Not a bad seat in the place.  And everything feels intimate.  Just a fun time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

That’s awesome! Did you watch the replay and see yourself?

Best weekend in wrestling has arrived!  Started with ROH super card Friday night.  Still watching it on replay but saw the end of it live just in time for another surprise.  Crazy that it's an AEW signing at a ROH show lol.  From comments I've seen this show really delivered last night. One of the better shows of the year so far.   Tony Kahn can put together a show for the pro wrestling fan.  👏   I like what I've seen so far.  Oh my that poisonrana by Zane on Swerve is just vicious.  From the apron to the floor!  Really looking forward to the tag championship.  Heard that match was worth the price of admission alone, some say top3. We will see.  No doubt Tony will elevate this company and now it's a sister company of AEW. So it has its own interpromotion. 

Who's ready for Wrestlemania?? All starts tonight.  Hope it doesn't disappoint.  Has some good stuff on card.

Edited by AUBwins

Mania starting off right with the Cowboys cheerleaders!! lol

The ROH show was good. A lot of nice surprises and good wrestling. I could do without Dalton Castle. I don’t get his schtick at all.  Just weird lol. 
Loved FTR vs Briscoes! You could feel the tension between them. The crowd before the match was the most hyped over a tag match I’ve ever seen. Give you goosebumps. 

WM night 1 sucked and I think it had the better card.  Had a few moments but a lot of botches and no flow.  The end was the most entertaining segment.  No real desire to see anything tomorrow but the end of reigns and Lesnar to see if Rock returns.  

Edited by AUBwins

I know I'm a Becky homer but I did really enjoy that match.  Way better than Charlotte vs Ronda. I'm trying not to spoil anything. Lol

I'll have to re-watch the KO show segment because that looked worthy of a viewing.  That's when the wife wanted to vent about something .... through the entire thing 😐.  Anyways.  

It seems WM night 2 was a lot better. The crowd seemed alive on the parts I saw and from what I saw on social media looked to be entertaining. I’ll have to go back and watch it. Saw the last 2 segments though. They were fun. 

Great card on AEW tonight.  New signee Samoa Joe first in ring action.  Butcher and blade vs Hardys in table match! More good stuff but the main event will absolutely kill it. FTR vs Young Bucks 2. For ROH and AAA belts.  

My goodness Wheeler Yuta earned a lot of fans Friday night on Rampage.  Heck of a fight with Mox in main event.  His face was pouring blood (i think he cut too deep). Ref and medic were constantly checking on him throughout closer than they usually do.  But that kid just kept bringing it.  Congrats to the kid on his biggest break in wrestling to date.  He made the most of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

This will be huge!!!  So many dream matches that could take place here.  Perfect way to make all of these matches happen easily.  Hope this becomes an annual thing. 

FQ1M6z5X0Acst0h.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

More NXT releases with several in storylines. One of my faves to watch is Dakota Kai. She is fantastic.  Her heel turn on Teagan was shocking and the matches they put on were intense.  Hoping both come in to AEW. I'd love if one showed up as a surprise only for the other to come in after and attack her.  They could tear it down. 

Saw this again and thought what a fitting end to Cody Rhodes in AEW lol.  Actually what a beautifully executed cutter by both. 

Dynamite was thrilling tonight.  A lot of interesting things going on.  Darby vs Jeff Hardy was just nuts! Overall match wasn't very long for a main event (although probably seems that way because of commercial break), but they were killing themselves.  Darby is more insane than Jeff, or this could sort of be a little bit of passing the torch. Darby jumped off the tall ladder from inside the ring onto Jeff laying on a bed of connected chairs on the floor outside the ring in a Swanton dive!  I bet they will be sore.  

Only thing I didn't like was the rehash of the MJF stipulations. They are the same dang thing as with Cody a couple of years ago.  10 lashes, cage match with associate, then the match with MJF blah blah. Disappointed with this lack of creativity.  That's WWE type of booking.  

Love watching Toni Storm.  

Best surprise of the night was the JAS celebration segment.  Didn't expect that turn of storytelling.  

Most brilliant foreshadowing (playing the fans that have been paying attention)  the crumbs of a heel turn by Christian on Jungle Boy.  He didn't do anything but Christian played it perfectly with his slight hesitation as he approached Jungle Boy left in the ring.  Master class. 

Anyways.  The lead up to Double our Nothing at end of May will be good stuff I believe. 

The Darby Allin spot.  Nuts.  Surprised Jeff didn't dislocate a shoulder. 

Oh Hell yea. Johnny Elite (morrison) is in AEW!!! He couldn't use half his moves in WWE. I wanted him to sign the first time.  He fits AEW so much better.  I do hope eventually AEW adds an hour somewhere for all this talent lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well Johnny, I later read, is not on contract.  He may still work with AEW more later but not signed.  

This AEW PPV is going to be unbelievable.  We get a huge dream match of generational tag teams.  The Hardy Brothers vs Young Bucks!!!