Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

30 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That Blood & Guts (Wargames) match was so good.  The storytelling with the ending is top notch.

Yep! The slowwwwwww burn begins 🔥🔥🔥

Luchasaurus move caught me off guard.  Love it though. 

Agreed!!!  There is a back story there.  Great video put together describing it. See below. 

So freaking happy for her.  Glad this happened. 

liv_morgan_as_ms_mitb_and_smackdown_womens_champ_by_kingocho3k_denkn0y-fullview.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Official!  A Stephanie and TripleH run WWE. Might get interesting.  I wouldn't be surprised if that would be enough to bring Bray Wyatt back. Anyways.  Surreal that Vince has no say in creative. 

• Like 1

@GwillMac6

It's happened brother! Does WWE creative get more creative?  Maybe even awesome again? 

Still gonna be an AEW guy but would definitely like a better WWE product. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6

It's happened brother! Does WWE creative get more creative?  Maybe even awesome again? 

Still gonna be an AEW guy but would definitely like a better WWE product. 

Switching back to tv 📺 14 soon for Raw will really help!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Switching back to tv 📺 14 soon for Raw will really help!!!

The Cody effect 😆 

• Thanks 1

For those not aware, Tony Kahn has another PPV tonight in ROH Death before Dishonor.  Will be worth a watch.  Highlight will be FTR (greatest tag team going today) vs Briscoes 2 in a 2of3 falls match!

Sure there will be surprises. I also hope Claudio (Aka Cesaro) wins the ROH championship against J. Gresham.  Claudio has never put a world heavyweight championship around his waist in any company.  He's been a perfect fit for Blackpool Combat Club in AEW.

Holy crap what a match between Briscoes and FTR.  They freaking killed each other. And Claudio wins ROH championship! Well deserved.  Full PPV was excellent. Tony can book a PPV.

And now Triple H is in full control of WWE creative.  Curious to see Raw tonight, but especially Summerslam and after.  Everything falling into place in just a week's time lol.  

First order of business ... let Gunther eat a steak and put more size back on him lol

Dynamite was really freaking good last night.  Love how AEW just cranks it up in the middle of the WWE regime change momentum and Summerslam coming etc. Not comparing the two, just glad AEW continued doing what they do.  Great wrestling, promos, storytelling etc. And last night they elevated young talent, who also did their part and put on bangers.  Starting and ending the show with Blackpool stable participants was excellent. That faction is about perfect with the guys they have, manager, style etc. They are elevating AEW, ROH, and to a degree NJPW from Forbidden Door. 

Now, the long awaited Trios titles introduced.  AEW perfect for those belts.  Kenny should return around the corner.  Amazing how the storytelling starts taking off when the major players are coming back.  Just great show and the start to a great rest of year IMO.

A story done perfect last night.  Hook winning FTW, the belt his dad created was beautiful. 

Summerslam was really good.  Several matches were excellent.  Logan Paul Frog Splashed the Miz on the announce table!  Incredible spot.  Logan will be good in WWE. This is a good match for his athleticism.  Becky and Bianca was very good.  Love that Dakota Kai is back but am a bit sad she didn't show at AEW instead.  Triple H effect no doubt.  Excited to see what she does on main roster. 

Overall best PPV I've seen from WWE in a good minute.  Now a TV14 Raw Monday?  Should be intriguing. 

Big night for Raw tonight.  Triple H first show with complete creative freedom (Summerslam was already essentially booked and was still good). Also back to TV14 rating.  USA network also allowing first hour commercial free.  Supposedly a stacked card on a "statement " show.  Actually looking forward to it. 

Really liked the main event of Battle of the Belts, Claudio vs Takeshita. It was a beautiful technical masterpiece.  I think Blackpool Combat Club my favorite faction. Love everything they are doing and Regal commentator during their matches add so much. 

That said.  Poor timing for the show.  All of the belt holders are still new in their run so not really believable that anyone would lose it.  So far only 1 title has changed hands during any of the 3 BOTB shows.  

• 2 weeks later...

Good night on Rampage. Crammed a lot of content in 1 hour. 

• 3 weeks later...

AEW really missed the ball at All Out.  Had a golden opportunity to make a feel good story out of the PPV. The tag team championship match was one of the best of the night.  Swerve in our Glory vs Acclaimed.  OMG the Acclaimed were so over!!  Crowd was nearly 100%backing them it seemed. They had just released a new shirt with their catch phrase (sold out nearly instantly) Had a great sequence where Anthony Bowens going for the pin and everyone counted with them.  The crowd was literally in the hand of Tony Kahn.  But yet, didn't call the audible and let the Acclaimed get the win.  Had a slight breakup of the count at the end for a near fall.  Left the crowd upset the rest of the night until the main event.  That finally got the crowd back into it between Mox and Punk.  That was a great match too, but my goodness Acclaimed had a unique moment going that I wish AEW would have seized.  Reminded me of Goldberg winning or some of those underdog winners in WWE and WCW back in the day.  Mid match I felt like they have to give it to these guys.  Once the count broke, I knew what the result would be.  They could have fixed it in a rematch, and in sure there will be one but what a missed opportunity. This is moreso now with the Punk animosity in post media scrum.  If what happened was not a work, and I believe it wasn't, they need to get Punk the F out of AEW. They just gave that man the title in his hometown and set up a beautiful feud afterwards that would likely top the AEW scene since it's inception, and he goes to piss on everybody in the back he has a problem with, in front of Kahn and his media ownership.  What a piece of 💩. Should have kept the belt on Mox.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that don't know.  Saraya aka Paige made a surprise debut in AEW. It was Epic! Nobody knew it was happening. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Eater of Worlds is back! This was sick last night.  Very well done and so much intrigue. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...