Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

you just got me even more excited!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!! you need to be a wwe writer!!! you are already much better than any of the crap writers they have on raw!!! lol. I am so ready for rousey vs Charlotte to main event mania next year bro!!!!! Been waiting a long time for that. I will be crushed if it does not happen hahaha.

You're not lying.  I would love to see Charlotte make her return to main stage here as well.  Maybe this is where Charlotte screws Ronda in some fashion.  It's probably too far away though from mania to be able to sustain it.  That is why they had to suspend Ronda and slow play her a month.  Brilliant actually.  

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

You're not lying.  I would love to see Charlotte make her return to main stage here as well.  Maybe this is where Charlotte screws Ronda in some fashion.  It's probably too far away though from mania to be able to sustain it.  That is why they had to suspend Ronda and slow play her a month.  Brilliant actually.  

Well freaking said!!! I totally agree and that would be amazing. Man oh man this is way better than the mens side on raw!!!!!! so disgusted in the direction of the mens division on that show. It is groundhog day year after year on there. 

Impact's Slammiversary ppv last night was actually pretty good. It's been awhile since Impact's delivered that good of a ppv. Austin Aries, who WWE wasted, has been tearing it up in Impact and is the champion. He faced Moose at Slammiversary  and retained the title. I know Impact's been a joke for the last couple of years but I hope with the success of Slammiversary that they can keep the momentum going and continue to deliver a good product. 

Meanwhile in WWE, I think it'll be hilarious if Brock Lesnar beats Roman Reigns again.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Impact's Slammiversary ppv last night was actually pretty good. It's been awhile since Impact's delivered that good of a ppv. Austin Aries, who WWE wasted, has been tearing it up in Impact and is the champion. He faced Moose at Slammiversary  and retained the title. I know Impact's been a joke for the last couple of years but I hope with the success of Slammiversary that they can keep the momentum going and continue to deliver a good product. 

Meanwhile in WWE, I think it'll be hilarious if Brock Lesnar beats Roman Reigns again.

I think the only reason why lesnar has kept the belt for this long is vince thinks MAYBE JUST MAYBE it will annoy the fans that much that they will actually cheer roman. nooooooooooooope sorry jack. Ain't happenin. That main event will be the closest thing we have seen in crowd reaction to goldberg vs lesnar at mania 20. It is what wwe deserves for being so freaking stupid.

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well freaking said!!! I totally agree and that would be amazing. Man oh man this is way better than the mens side on raw!!!!!! so disgusted in the direction of the mens division on that show. It is groundhog day year after year on there. 

Yes they really need another star to materialize. And dump Lesnar, unless he wrestles every week. He is a cancer to the brand because of the championship having no story or relationships. I thought they were pushing Lashley but then Reigns gets yet another shot. Maybe they are getting ready for Lashley/Reigns feud for title shots if RR gets the title from Brock. It's time for RR to take it.  I also think they need to push Finn. He has been close so many times.

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes they really need another star to materialize. And dump Lesnar, unless he wrestles every week. He is a cancer to the brand because of the championship having no story or relationships. I thought they were pushing Lashley but then Reigns gets yet another shot. Maybe they are getting ready for Lashley/Reigns feud for title shots if RR gets the title from Brock. It's time for RR to take it.  I also think they need to push Finn. He has been close so many times.

lol I def do not agree it is time for reigns. Vince has been trying to make it happen for 4 years. He is just another luger. At least with Lex Luger that vince back then had the sense when to cut his losses and stop pushing him and putting him in main events. The crowd has been rejecting roman for 4 years. He needs to listen to us and stop being stubborn. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol I def do not agree it is time for reigns. Vince has been trying to make it happen for 4 years. He is just another luger. At least with Lex Luger that vince back then had the sense when to cut his losses and stop pushing him and putting him in main events. The crowd has been rejecting roman for 4 years. He needs to listen to us and stop being stubborn. 

I am just wanting Brock to be done lol. Ok, I have your solution.  RR wins only for Braun to cash in the MITB and take it from RR. Reigns sees how the crowd cheers for him losing the belt so quickly and finally turns heel like he needs to be. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I am just wanting Brock to be done lol. Ok, I have your solution.  RR wins only for Braun to cash in the MITB and take it from RR. Reigns sees how the crowd cheers for him losing the belt so quickly and finally turns heel like he needs to be. 

So your saying another brock and roman main event ends in a cash in?! I LOVE IT!!!! PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN! I want roman gone from the main event scene once and for all.

• Haha 1

So, Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles at Summerslam. That should be great! They put up some epic matches in Impact.  Oh and Paige firing ellsworth was great.

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

So your saying another brock and roman main event ends in a cash in?! I LOVE IT!!!! PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN! I want roman gone from the main event scene once and for all.

I'm going to go ahead and predict that Lesnar will retain at SummerSlam. The fans don't want Reigns as champion.

I think they're going to let Lesnar keep the belt until Survivor Series in November. Lesnar won't be eligible to return to UFC until January 2019 so I don't think WWE will let Lesnar just disappear after SummerSlam by having him drop the belt. After paying Lesnar big money they're not going to just let him sit out the last 4-5 months until he goes back to UFC.

Also, another prediction I have is at Survivor Series I think we'll see a triple threat match with Lesnar vs. Reigns vs. Lashley. 

Edited by Auburnfan91
  • Thanks 1

I can see that play out.  I actually wouldn't mind so much if he would just wrestle. Make him earn it. 

2 pro wrestler died today. 

Nikolai Volkoff passed away at the age of 70.

Nikolai-Volkoff-450x250.jpg

WWE is saddened to learn that Josip Nikolai Peruzović, known to WWE fans as Nikolai Volkoff, has passed away at age 70.

https://lordsofpain.net/nikolai-volkoff-passes-away/

and Brian "Grandmaster Sexay" Christopher Lawler has passed away at age 46.

Jerry-Lawler-Brian-Christopher-450x250.j

TMZ is reporting that Brian Christopher Lawler (Grandmaster Sexay), the son of Jerry Lawler, attempted to hang himself in his jail cell last night. Christopher has been in jail since July 7th after being arrested for DUI and evading arrest.

TMZ reports that Christopher is now on life support. Mike Johnson from PWInsider reports that Christopher’s situation is dire and is not expected to recover. Family members are preparing to say their goodbyes.

https://lordsofpain.net/brian-christopher-grandmaster-sexay-on-life-support/

and an update from Lords of Pain:

TMZ reports that Brian Christopher Lawler was taken off life support today at 3:40PM central time. Brian’s mother Kay told TMZ he was surrounded by family and friends including his father Jerry Lawler, and his brother Kevin. Brian was 46 years old.

https://lordsofpain.net/brian-christopher-lawler-taken-off-life-support/

The Queen makes her return in a few mins. Thanks to Carmella insulting Paige, a Charlotte win adds her to the title match at SS. Feel bad for Becky Lynch. Loses a solo shot at title. I think she is great. I have enjoyed her matches. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

The Queen makes her return in a few mins. Thanks to Carmella insulting Paige, a Charlotte win adds her to the title match at SS. Feel bad for Becky Lynch. Loses a solo shot at title. I think she is great. I have enjoyed her matches. 

My favorite wrestler of all time besides D Bry. Love me some Queen. She has only wrestled for like 5 or 6 years. She is a natural and a quick learner. She has the best look for a female wrestler I have ever seen. She just oozes and screams main event to me. Becky vs Carmella is just not worthy enough to be a title match on the 2nd biggest PPV in the company. It needed some star power added to it. I still think Becky will take it home though with the way they have been building her up lately. I think she pins mella and Charlotte vs Becky is the main event for the womens ppv in october.

• Love 1

Totally agree about Charlotte. Camella has lost by submission in back to back weeks to both challengers to allow them in the match. Talk about making it rough on yourself. 

On another note, Viper RKO is on another level right now. Love it. 

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Totally agree about Charlotte. Camella has lost by submission in back to back weeks to both challengers to allow them in the match. Talk about making it rough on yourself. 

On another note, Viper RKO is on another level right now. Love it. 

Randall was in the worst run of his career before he just now came back THANKFULLY AND MERCIFULLY to us as a heel. Him as a face is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. He is one of the most boring faces on the roster. But him as a heel?! SIGN ME UP!!!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!! I love seeing it.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Randall was in the worst run of his career before he just now came back THANKFULLY AND MERCIFULLY to us as a heel. Him as a face is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. He is one of the most boring faces on the roster. But him as a heel?! SIGN ME UP!!!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!! I love seeing it.

1000000x yes. He must be a heel! What he has done to Hardy is just cringeworthy!  Who in the world can stop him on Smackdown!?  I love the angle and he is going to run with this story for a while

• Love 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I always liked Orton's Legend Killer gimmick. That was his best heel run imo. I still like him as the Viper but he had more charisma as the Legend Killer. He had so much cockiness and arrogance as the Legend Killer. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm sure I would've voted for him if he told me to, too.

Yeah that or...

tenor (18).gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend should be completely nuts!  At least on paper and build up, NXT takeover on Saturday with Summerslam on Sunday is packed with intriguing matches.  This would be a good weekend to be a first time subscriber to WWE network and get both for free!  I have considered it myself. Possible show stealers for me: #1 AJ vs Samoa Joe, #2 Bludgeon Bro. vs New Day, #3 Dolf vs Seth. 

Intrigued by result of triple threat Smackdown Women's champ and what starts the fued with Flair vs Lynch.  Also who wins the money in the bank briefcase. I think Lynch and Stroman win, with Braun winning via a DQ by KO. Role reversal so to speak. 

Prediction: Brock wins and celebrates taking the title to UFC with him,  only to get it stolen with the MITB cash in. Stroman vs Brock has been very quiet, especially since Braun said the moment Brock showed up he would cash it in.  The silence, leading to a bigger wow factor. 

PS. It would also be hilarious for Reigns to finally win,  only to lose it as well.  

Edited by AUBwins

Well from what I saw, I would say Summerslam was a dud overall.  Too many squash or DQ endings.  Probably the best dominating result was Finn destroying Corbin using his alter ego Demon!  That was a great surprise.  Also liked the creativity of Braun changing it up and letting each of the title contestants know before the match he would get the winner tonight.  That actually led to another dud finish and no cash in.  Meh. The best matches from start to finish were the ones I haven't watched yet.  I only read about them.  Also sounds like NXT stole the spotlight this weekend again.  I have a plan to watch what I missed this week before saying more.  Oh and Alexa Bliss didn't stand a chance against the woman they are building Rhonda to be. Rousey destroyed her pretty good and quick to get the title. 

Edited by AUBwins

Holy crap!  Raw main event and after was awesome!  Epic match with Finn Balor and Reigns, Braun coming in to cash in the MITB only to be destroyed by Shield. Shield is back and owns both belts!  Not sure if Braun still gets his chance since the bell never started the match.  Glad they let the main event play out though.  That was great. @GwillMac6 where you at my brother? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Holy crap!  Raw main event and after was awesome!  Epic match with Finn Balor and Reigns, Braun coming in to cash in the MITB only to be destroyed by Shield. Shield is back and owns both belts!  Not sure if Braun still gets his chance since the bell never started the match.  Glad they let the main event play out though.  That was great. @GwillMac6 where you at my brother? 

Because when in doubt about how the crowd will receive mr BEEEEEEE LEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK roman get the shield to get back together to protect him like usual and give him cheap pops. THat was the only reason the shield was reformed late last year and deffffffffffffffff the only reason they are reforming now. He got boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooed out of the building to begin the show. Like come on stubborn old man vince. LISTEN!!! If it takes this much work to try and get your "top guy" cheers maybe it is just not meant to be.