#11 Auburn at Ole Miss

Auhud08

After soundly defeating the Tigers of LSU, Auburn (19-2, 7-1)turns their attention towards Oxford, Mississippi where they’ll face the Ole Miss Rebels (11-10, 4-4) for the second time this season. This is the first SEC team that Auburn will have faced twice and it will be interesting to see what adjustments Ole Miss makes to handle a potent Auburn attack.

One adjustment the Rebels will have is in their lineup. In the first matchup the Tigers faced a rebel team without their best player in Deandre Burnett. Burnett averages 15ppg, and 5 reb, he’s one of the most explosive players in the league and will prove an additional challenge for the Tigers to handle. In the first matchup Auburn relied, as it has all season, on timely three-point shooting and late foul trouble to defeat the Rebels. This time Auburn will need to play their best offense and defense and be ready to take some punches. The target on their back has only gotten larger as their ranking and win total has risen. 

Tipoff is at 8PM (CT) in SEC Network.

War Eagle!

Hope we can make a push right from the start....no fun trying to come from behind on someone else's court.  

It would be a huge disappointment to get ranked this high and then lose to a .500 team.   Looking for a good game tonight by AU.....except that 9PM EST start will put most of the second half into my normal bed time....

We should handle them fine but having Burnett back is an obvious boost. Gotta be ready to play from this point on regardless. 

Dealing with their 2-3 zone and their subsequent defensive changes will be a challenge again. We settled too often in the first game for 3s that their zone "gave" to us. We forced the action to the rim much more in the second half and were able to score 50 points with very few 3-point attempts or makes. I think we will take that same approach to start the game tonight. Break down their 2-3, get into the paint, and be unselfish with the ball. Mac and Murray should be able to have good games tonight since they won't be overwhelmed with size. Make our FTs, knock down a few 3s, play that aggressive, disruptive defense we've seen for the last 5 halves, and we will leave Oxford with a victory.

We are a 4.5 pt favor which I am thinking lends a great deal of credence to home court advantage since this is pretty low.  And I heard this morning we had not won on their court in ten years. Listening to Pearl assured me they are not taking this, or any team, lightly.

50 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

We are a 4.5 pt favor which I am thinking lends a great deal of credence to home court advantage since this is pretty low.  And I heard this morning we had not won on their court in ten years. Listening to Pearl assured me they are not taking this, or any team, lightly.

Thanks again Berry! haha. 

Going to be another tough one. Kennedy is a good coach and will have an answer for why we ran over them in the second half the last game. 

4 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Has gone up to -5.5 across the board on VegasInsider. Got as high as -6 a few minutes ago. Sounds like some big money has moved on Auburn in the last few hours.

UGA giving UF a game. May give us a cushion for the conference lead. 

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

UGA giving UF a game. May give us a cushion for the conference lead. 

Yep...dawgs about to finish them off....make the gators 6-3  in SEC

Archived