2019 Recruiting

corchjay

Newkirk is a playmaking 3 technique. Coynis is the 2 and shade. We have Truesdell who played inside this year as a true freshman and redshirted Alec Jackson.  So you have Derek Brown, Dequan Newkirk, Andrew Williams, Alec Jackson and then you have Dontavious Russell, Truesdell, Coynis Miller,T. Manning and J. Johnson.  That is 9 guys inside. Some one as E said may go, we have no idea who, but of those 9 only three are seniors or can't miss jr prospects. This does not count the rabbit package where we play Coe and/or Davidson inside to maximize pass rush by making a guard block them. With what we are signing this year i agree with E that i dont see us taking more than 2 inside and 2 or 3 sde/wde/buck guys next year. Then again you have to assume Davidson will go and Coe would be elgible as well but you would not expect him to unless he has a phenomal redshirt sophmore year. 

Well here's my top 25 player wish list

1. Owen Pappoe 5* OLB from Georgia

2. Clay Webb 5* OG from Alabama - one of my biggest wants after how this OL recruiting class has been in 2018

3. Trey Sanders 5* RB from Florida

4. Jashawn Sheffield 5* WR from Georgia 

5. Noah Cain 5* RB from Florida - really think he could be special every down back

6. Zachh Pickens 5* DE from South Carolina

7. Faatui Tuitele 5* DT from Hawaii - I like Hawaii players

8. Nakobe Dean 5* ILB from Mississippi

9. Hudson Henry 4* TE from Arkansas - this is a big want for me and I think we need a full court press on this kid

10. Wanya Morris 4* OT from Georgia - there are better lineman but he's one of the few in the top 100 or so I think we have a chance with

11. Quinn Carroll 4* OT from Minnesota

12. Bo Nix 4* QB from Alabama  

13. Jaylen McCollough 4* S from Georgia

14. Deyavie Hammond 4* OG from Florida

15. Keiondre Jones 4* OG from Georgia

16. Andrew Booth 4* CB from Georgia

17. Kevin Harris 4* OLB from Georgia

18. Sheridan Jones 4* CB from Virginia

19. Dante Walker 4* SDE from Georgia

20. Mark Richards 4* ATH from Florida - I would have him as a DB

21. William Putnam 4* OT from Florida

22. Trevis Hopper 3* DT from Tennessee

23. Kristian Williams 3* DT from Tennessee

24. Mohamoud Diabate 4* LB from Alabama

25. George Pickens 4* WR from Alabama

Alabama talent I would like us to look at as well:

Amari Kight 4* OT, Trikweze Bridges 4* S, Ja'len Sims 4* ILB, Reddy Steward 4* CB, Desmond Little 3* WDE, Jamin Graham 3* WDE, Jessie Altman 3* DT, Patrick Lewis 3* DT, Jamil Muhammed 3* ATH, Brandon Mack 3* DE

We need to pillage our neighboring states this year, not a tremendous amount of talent in-state this year. Georgia has 42 players with a 4* or more composite ranking compared to Alabama's 10 this year. Florida has 51. Texas has 43 and I think we have to do a better job of recruiting in Texas. I also think that recruiting some of the athletic freaks from Hawaii could be beneficial in the trenches, I know they're a hard pull.

The staff needs to get on the ball though! Georgia already has 6 players with 4 or more * and 3 players in THE TOP TEN already.

I can't see either moving inside. Who would you play at SDE? Together they're a scary 1,2 punch with no drop off

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@Zeek, did you just pick all the 5star players?

Yes and no lol, I looked at our needs coupled with states that we typically have success pulling from and who we have already offered as well as some measurables. It's a wish list so I understand most won't happen but if I had my way this is how it would play out.

Just now, bigbird said:

These two gave me a good laugh

I love Hawaii guys! They are just such powerful thick players! Quinn would be a bit of a long shot but he looks solid.

The State of Georgia is loaded this year with players in top of many categories. After Ga’s showing this year in football and recruiting, Kirby is gonna be puttin the State on lock down for top tier talent, it will be a battle. Gonna need another good year. 

8 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

The State of Georgia is loaded this year with players in top of many categories. After Ga’s showing this year in football and recruiting, Kirby is gonna be puttin the State on lock down for top tier talent, it will be a battle. Gonna need another good year. 

Too much talent in Georgia for him to lock it all down.

13 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Don't know why we still haven't offered Diabate from Auburn High.

We’re making him want the O. 

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

Not trying to jinx any kid and I do not have any inside information on possible attrition 

Lol, I was just gonna post, I will wait until after the attrition to predict class projections.  Always has to be considered.  

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Too much talent in Georgia for him to lock it all down.

Tennessee regaining recruiting success in Georgia concerns me somewhat, but the amount of talent in that state is just insane.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:35 AM, corchjay said:

1 TE – 17

Bumping this to say AU plans to sign 2 TEs in 2019 per a free post from Keith.

Archived