2019 5* LB Nakobe Dean (UGA)

ellitor

Nakobe Dean...you're missing out my dude...come have some fun with the Big Cats!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Nakobe Dean...you're missing out my dude...come have some fun with the Big Cats!

Think you need to move on from him.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:20 PM, Mikey said:

Several need to step up. We have a lot of names there and the only three that have accomplished anything worth speaking of are all seniors.

Conversation from a long time ago:

Fan to me: "You've got seven pitchers on your team!"

Me: The Braves have 11 pitchers on their squad. Me and the Braves have the same problem, lots of pitchers and none of 'em can get anybody out".

Moral of that story: Just because there's a long list of players doesn't mean you have quality starters and quality depth. We also have a long list of DB's but we better be out there recruiting some more because several of those names are that only, a name.

History has shown that recruiting fewer than three LB's per class is heading for the doldrums. We got away with the dismal LB class of 2016 because Muschamp had signed 5 the year before.

I'm not at all arguing with you in the least bit.... I openly admit you have more knowledge about our LBs than I have, but isn't it at least reasonable that none of them would of done anything? Don't we usually only play 2 LBs a majority of the time? If so, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that only a couple of them would have done anything. Especially with Trey Williams, D Williams, Atkinson, and D Davis taking the majority of the snaps over the last 2 or 3 years?

13 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'm not at all arguing with you in the least bit.... I openly admit you have more knowledge about our LBs than I have, but isn't it at least reasonable that none of them would of done anything? Don't we usually only play 2 LBs a majority of the time? If so, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that only a couple of them would have done anything. Especially with Trey Williams, D Williams, Atkinson, and D Davis taking the majority of the snaps over the last 2 or 3 years?

They haven't had a whole lot of chances, as you correctly state. They also haven't proven themselves yet. By the time this signing period is over we'll be down to six names at two/three positions. That doesn't account for the normal injuries, failures on and off the field and so forth to prepare for. I think that situation demands a solid class be signed, both in quality and numbers.

On 5/26/2018 at 8:36 AM, Mikey said:

They haven't had a whole lot of chances, as you correctly state. They also haven't proven themselves yet. By the time this signing period is over we'll be down to six names at two/three positions. That doesn't account for the normal injuries, failures on and off the field and so forth to prepare for. I think that situation demands a solid class be signed, both in quality and numbers.

I agree.  Don't get caught up in the fact that we play 2 on the field.  All of this group is used for special teams.  Just look at the injuries D Williams, Tre, and D Davis have played through in the last two years.  We have not had anyone on the roster that has been able to beat out these three guys who have basically been playing the game with one arm.  That should not happen in my opinion.  If there is good quality competition then these guys get a chance to heal up some without it being critical that they play injured.  Lots of guys do it and injuries happen but the fall off to what was behind them was steep.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, Zeek said:

After listening to Niebuhr’s interview with his mom, it ain’t likely. She was asked who gave the least impressive academic presentation on a visit. Her immediate answer was Auburn. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

After listening to Niebuhr’s interview with his mom, it ain’t likely. She was asked who gave the least impressive academic presentation on a visit. Her immediate answer was Auburn. 

I find that surprising, unless his field of study is not in Auburn's wheelhouse. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I find that surprising, unless his field of study is not in Auburn's wheelhouse. 

Here’s why I don’t find it surprising. Rashan Gary’s Mom said the same thing a couple of years ago. I should note that neither Mom questioned the quality of an AU degree, they were just not impressed by the presentation they were given. Somebody needs to up their game in that arena. There are a lot of uncontrollables in recruiting, but quality is always controllable. It’s hard to get top prospects on campus and when you do, everything needs to be best in class. By the way, According to  Nakobes Mom, he’s very interested in engineering. Definitely a strength of AU, when it’s showcased right. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

He wants to study engineering. The staff just didn't focus on it as much as his Mom wanted them too.

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

He wants to study engineering. The staff just didn't focus on it as much as his Mom wanted them too.

I have a hard time with that happening! We have a great group of people on top of the academic side of recruiting, and if they knew his major was engineering would have blown his mom away. Something is fishy here! Everything I’ve read about recruits experience with academic side of recruiting were very impressed! It’s even more over the top when mom or dad is present.

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

I have a hard time with that happening! We have a great group of people on top of the academic side of recruiting, and if they knew his major was engineering would have blown his mom away. Something is fishy here! Everything I’ve read about recruits experience with academic side of recruiting were very impressed! It’s even more over the top when mom or dad is present.

Yeah I don't get how that happened either. Plus ole bowlcut focused on it a lot more she said....Go figure.

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah I don't get how that happened either. Plus ole bowlcut focused on it a lot more she said....Go figure.

I didn’t even know uga had a strong engineering program...or that Kirby ever focused on academics. 

7 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I didn’t even know uga had a strong engineering program...or that Kirby ever forcised on academics. 

According the NICHE ranking    UGA is  #122   Auburn is #54     Maybe she needs to learn how to google. 

I'm not sure what to believe either but isn't his dad a doctor.  You better damn well push the academics if the kid has his grades and his dad's a doctor.  As much as we are on top of such things I can't imagine we drilled the pooch on this one.  I am smelling a silent commit to UGAG and Kirby having momma throw shade on Auburn as a negative recruiting tactic.  How often do we see parents come out during recruiting and start voicing opinions?  When that has happened in the past we usually back away.

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I'm not sure what to believe either but isn't his dad a doctor.  You better damn well push the academics if the kid has his grades and his dad's a doctor.  As much as we are on top of such things I can't imagine we drilled the pooch on this one.  I am smelling a silent commit to UGAG and Kirby having momma throw shade on Auburn as a negative recruiting tactic.  How often do we see parents come out during recruiting and start voicing opinions?  When that has happened in the past we usually back away.

Her comments about Georgia lead me to believe that she really wanted an innovative way to show the campus and academic side of things. Georgia had their recruits do some type of scavenger hunt; I imagine we did a very typical type of tour and she wasn't impressed with the approach. She is very opinionated in general from what I have seen and the Georgia coaches have been kissing her tail pretty hard it seems to me.

We'll see how his recruitment continues to play out. This is the first I've heard of her having anything negative to say about Auburn.

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Her comments about Georgia lead me to believe that she really wanted an innovative way to show the campus and academic side of things. Georgia had their recruits do some type of scavenger hunt; I imagine we did a very typical type of tour and she wasn't impressed with the approach. She is very opinionated in general from what I have seen and the Georgia coaches have been kissing her tail pretty hard it seems to me.

We'll see how his recruitment continues to play out. This is the first I've heard of her having anything negative to say about Auburn.

Whether true or not, that's an interesting observation and really speaks to the number of factors that can go into any given recruitment. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Whether true or not, that's an interesting observation and really speaks to the number of factors that can go into any given recruitment. 

You also have to consider what I've brought up in other forums, which is that perception is made up largely of what you bring into the situation. If she had already decided she liked a specific school, the hoop jumping from a different school was going to come across as desperate or silly instead of endearing. Furthermore, if she came in wanting something to happen, but something different though no worse happened, it would still be a let down because it didn't meet expectations.

The reality of it is that no matter how good you are, you can't win them all because you can't control perception.

5 hours ago, auskip07 said:

According the NICHE ranking    UGA is  #122   Auburn is #54     Maybe she needs to learn how to google. 

That's still doesn't mean we gave the better presentation.

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Need to start a Trezman Marshall thread. 

Yup. Meant to the other day.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don’t think we are getting Dean. Still working on him. Need to start a Trezman Marshall thread. 

If Dean is as smart as they bill him to be I hope he will see the light.

If he doesn't then I think we'll be okay. Lots of LB talent in this class and we seem to have a lot of them interested in us.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, Zeek said:

7961B253-5BEC-42F1-992A-6EE53A361051.gif

Archived