2019 5* LB Nakobe Dean (UGA)

ellitor

So Keith just posted a VIP on Dean taking an OV to AU & got pissed about someone posting it on Rivals. Well he made a way to find the important info free & I found it from the timeline on Dean's 247 profile page...

image.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are falling by the wayside.. Hopefully this OV moves us up cuz we got work to do...He is waiting until Nov/Dec though.

Doesn't sound like we are falling by the wayside to me if he is officially visiting Au. The coaches certainly have not moved on.

36 minutes ago, Samau said:

Doesn't sound like we are falling by the wayside to me if he is officially visiting Au. The coaches certainly have not moved on.

Sure seemed like it before this update. He hasn't been saying anything about us for a while. We are in 3rd place currently. Got a long way to go so things could change 

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

We are in 3rd place currently.

Likely fourth.  But there is opportunity for the staff to make up ground if they take the right approach  at the OV.

What if he and the coaches wanted it to be a “Silent” visit. Get it..a...”Silent” visit!!! Oh it’s to early to be drinking...

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

What if he and the coaches wanted it to be a “Silent” visit. Get it..a...”Silent” visit!!! Oh it’s to early to be drinking...

Then don't tell anybody about it. When something's put on the internet, it no longer has the slightest possibility of being silent. :)

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then don't tell anybody about it. When something's put on the internet, it no longer has the slightest possibility of being silent. :)

That's exactly what all my friends said when I got on myspace. 

Okay, fine. I only had one friend. And his name was Tom.

:(

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That's exactly what all my friends said when I got on myspace. 

Okay, fine. I only had one friend. And his name was Tom.

:(

Good advice given to me years ago, from a late, great lady friend that lived/worked in Montgomery: "If you don't want to see it in The Montgomery Advertiser, don't write it, if you don't want to see it on Channel 12, don't say it."

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

You haven't seen my social media posts...I swear no one sees them lol

Hope the ov wows him and his mom academically

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well after the fall out from the OV posting. Does anyone know if he is in town????

No. Will visit in the fall.

News came out last weekend on it. Sorry it never got posted here.

• 5 months later...
 ByJOHN GARCIA JR. 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- After he helped lead the Mississippi All-Stars by Alabama's best Monday Night in the 32nd annual Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game with a team-high eight tackles, the 247Sports Composite No. 1 linebacker recruit laid out his recruiting plan.

Nakobe Dean could come to a private decision Monday evening.

"I'm probably going to find out tonight," he said. "We're not going home, we're staying here tonight. Everybody is still in the mix until I call them. If it's not too late tonight (to call), definitely Tuesday morning.

"I'll talk with the family and see the pros and cons, then I might sleep on it."

The 6-foot, 220-pound Horn Lake (Miss.) standout said the most important factor in picking between a half-dozen SEC programs is beyond X's and O's.

"Feel," Dean said. "I've got to be able to feel comfortable at the university and everything."

Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia and Texas A&M all remain in the hunt.

"I don't have a top three," he said when asked of Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss. "LSU, Auburn, A&M. I'm for sure playing in the SEC. It's just physical football, it's my type of football, it's the type that I like.

"I've got a good relationship with coach (Pete) Golding and everybody at Alabama. I like coach (Glenn) Schumann, coach (Jon) Sumrall, coach Golding, coach (Dave) Aranda, Coach T-Will, Travis Williams."

When asked about his mother's preference, it was an SEC West program.

"I think her favorite program is probably Auburn, but I don't know," Dean said. "I think my dad likes LSU."

With speculation at an all-time high, the five-star did confirm that he will go public with a decision and sign on Wednesday as originally planned. His announcement will be carried by ESPN at 1:20 p.m. CST.

2COMMENTS

"I'm looking forward to getting it done so I can have a little bit of fun in my hometown before I buckle down," he said.

Dean will enroll at his school of choice in January.

nd.gif

According to UGA insiders, Dean has already told AU, LSU and A&M they are out. Still deciding on Bama, UGA and Ole Miss and they are saying Ole Miss is in this a lot more than most think. Not an insider, just relaying what I have been told. Take it for the two cents it’s worth.

2 hours ago, AUintheATL said:

According to UGA insiders, Dean has already told AU, LSU and A&M they are out. Still deciding on Bama, UGA and Ole Miss and they are saying Ole Miss is in this a lot more than most think. Not an insider, just relaying what I have been told. Take it for the two cents it’s worth.

Ole Miss would be a terrible decision on his end. We haven’t lead for him really in forever it feels like. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Ole Miss would be a terrible decision on his end. We haven’t lead for him really in forever it feels like. 

We NEVER led for him lol. Kid has seemed like a bama or Georgia type of kid from the start. and y'all know what I mean by that. He is listening more to the we will put you in the NFL pitch and look at all the players we have put in the NFL more than the WE ARE A FAMILY pitch lol. Cannot blame the kid.

Just now, cole256 said:

What makes the family pitch sucks is everybody can use it. No better recruiter than success

True but name a more successful team other than us in the SECW other than Alabama the last few years. I don't see anyone else making it to the SEC Championship game. LSU hasn't. So we have success (moderate) and family. Good stuff. 

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

True but name a more successful team other than us in the SECW other than Alabama the last few years. I don't see anyone else making it to the SEC Championship game. LSU hasn't. So we have success (moderate) and family. Good stuff. 

But it also leads us to recruiting more kids who just flat out do not have that alpha swagger or D O G in them. As least in comparison to LSU and especially Bama and Georgia. Our kids have less of a mean streak in them. SEE OUR OL! lol.

Archived