Proposal for transfer after coaching change

WFE12

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No offense, but this reeks of, quite literally, player hating. It really does read as naked envy of guys who can do things mere mortals can't.

As for crying "it ain't fair", it ain't. That's why the rules should and might change. But, if I'm reading you right, when the rules change you will support the players exercising their right to transfer with impunity after coaching changes- to do what is best for them and their families- in the same way that you support the coaches in exercising theirs. I can get with that. 

Nope, don't hate the players at all.

What I can't abide though, is the spoiled nature of those who cry about certain things.  (This being one of those things.) Just my opinion...I don't judge those who disagree with me.

As for the rules themselves?  You are correct.  If it's the rules that everybody but Nick Saban have to live by then so be it. 

However, I suspect if they changed the rule, then made a rule where football players get huge stipends, free cars, etc, there will still be those that cry about something else ain't fair cuz it still ain't enough.  Then I'll be on my soapbox about them...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, if they'd just legalize weed and give it to all the players for free, then nobody would care about this rule.

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

BTW, if they'd just legalize weed and give it to all the players for free, then nobody would care about this rule.

:rolleyes:

Well then I would hate them. 

20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Exactly.

You knew the rules going in, then you made your informed choice.

If the rule changes, then be informed of that as well and adjust accordingly.

..but don't bitch about your poor lot in life as a football player faced with "Oh, I'm *stuck* at Florida and can't go to Ohio State unless I miss a year" when so many of your peers are suffering real issues, like "okay, I can afford my textbook if I only eat ramen noodles for a month and work an extra 15 hrs per week".

A lot of people would say the same thing about these people that you/they would say about football players. They should be thankful just to be in college.

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

...What if Auburn's entire engineering faculty just up and left one semester and they brought in another with completely different teaching philosophies and focus? Should the engineering majors now be required to live with their poor decision to attend Auburn, even if there was another school out there with a now-preferable engineering school where they could get a better education that is more in line with what they anticipated getting at Auburn? Or should they have to study English for a year instead? I mean, it's only a year, right? 

Beat me to that one, but I would have used my mentor and advisor of a history professor.

They're (at least supposed to be) student athletes

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A lot of people would say the same thing about these people that you/they would say about football players. They should be thankful just to be in college.

I get it, it's ALL relative.

I'm just conversing from my vantage point which has included a fair amount of hard knocks and real world perspective.  ...and, yes, SO MANY have it worse than me, I know.  But, that is also "real life".

And to your comment earlier:

39 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

It really does read as naked envy of guys who can do things mere mortals can't.

DANG RIGHT!  Don't you?!?!  :beer2:

Archived