Men vs. Ole Miss

WarTiger

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, AU64 said:

calm down....what's with the smart a** comment?    Most games I see, the coaches do more than just walk by and shake hands.....BP does at least....I just asked question when I thought it looked different than with other games.   If you disagree...fine....

Haha, me calm down? Thats funny. Im not the one with my panties in a wad over nothing. You guys were going on about something that was simply made up on your part. Kennedy isnt a chatty guy. They simply shook hands and moved on. Dont make something out of nothing - like what youre doing again here.

21 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I thought Fish covered pretty fairly. Seemed like he got excited for both sides of the court

Fish is very fair. Yes he gets excited about AU but if you listen and watch him, he does it for their opponents too. He's very fair in his analysis in the studio as well. Much much better than anything you get from the SECN in football.

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Haha, me calm down? Thats funny. Im not the one with my panties in a wad over nothing. You guys were going on about something that was simply made up on your part. Kennedy isnt a chatty guy. They simply shook hands and moved on. Dont make something out of nothing - like what youre doing again here.

So, Kennedy isn't a chatty guy .

That was a good enough response without the snarky comments.... But maybe that is your style. 

10 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Another SEC loss for the gumps lol. That puts them in 5th place and at this rate they have a serious chance of missing the tournament. I guess they beat an overrated Oklahoma team and got too excited. 

Nah, I think Oklahoma is a very good team. I just think Bama is too inconsistent right now. They show up some games and don't others. Their 4 SEC losses are to Vandy, OM, UGA, and Mizzou. But they have wins over Rhode Island, Oklahoma, and Auburn (all top 11 RPI teams). They have a really tough road ahead, and they need to find some more consistency. They're a talented bunch, but it seems their youth and inexperience show up quite a bit.

3 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Fish is very fair. Yes he gets excited about AU but if you listen and watch him, he does it for their opponents too. He's very fair in his analysis in the studio as well. Much much better than anything you get from the SECN in football.

I think the SEC network basketball coverage is outstanding. Fish, The Shoota, Dykes, Dave Neal all of them do a great job and all seem to be very fair. Of course it helps when uat is struggling.

9 hours ago, boomstick said:

Nah, I think Oklahoma is a very good team. I just think Bama is too inconsistent right now. They show up some games and don't others. Their 4 SEC losses are to Vandy, OM, UGA, and Mizzou. But they have wins over Rhode Island, Oklahoma, and Auburn (all top 11 RPI teams). They have a really tough road ahead, and they need to find some more consistency. They're a talented bunch, but it seems their youth and inexperience show up quite a bit.

I would imagine playing with a one and done kid at a program not used  to handling that would lead to such.

10 hours ago, boomstick said:

Also, those wins you mention for bama are all home wins. Their schedule has been home heavy as far as good wins go. They do not play well as a team pretty regularly . They play like 5 individuals often. We played poorly there against them, got hammered terribly in the first half with no calls, and still almost won. If not for uncharacteristically missing FTs we would have. I dont think bama will be able to put any type of run together to go far. Too inconsistent as you say, but stranger things have happened. If they make the tourney, a first round loss would not be a surprise. As for OK, I think they are good but not very good. Very reliant on one player, and by season's end, and with the tourney schedule, Young will show some signs of fatigue I think. Its all about matchups though come tourney time, who/what type team you end up playing can really play into how far a team goes. Sometimes the matchups even appear to intentionally favor certain teams and attempt to derail others.

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I would imagine playing with a one and done kid at a program not used  to handling that would lead to such.

I think it’s very difficult. We saw some of the same issues last year. At a program where you don’t have that type of process and culture established, I think it can lead to big issues. Teams like Kentucky and Duke and Kansas can get away with it because past the one-and-dones is still a ton of talent, likely experienced talent. 

10 hours ago, boomstick said:

I think it’s very difficult. We saw some of the same issues last year. At a program where you don’t have that type of process and culture established, I think it can lead to big issues. Teams like Kentucky and Duke and Kansas can get away with it because past the one-and-dones is still a ton of talent, likely experienced talent. 

I think this round of one and dones on UK has not meshed as well as others.  That's why they have struggled a little more than usual IMO. 

On 2/1/2018 at 9:29 AM, boomstick said:

They're a better team when Sexton isn't on the floor. When he's out there the offense is just "let Colin do his thing."

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I think this round of one and dones on UK has not meshed as well as others.  That's why they have struggled a little more than usual IMO. 

Duke has the ideal situation but still some problems....they have a senior PG to manage the game on the floor and the hot shots can do their thing with him calling plays or whatever.  I'm not sure that UK has a floor manager for their young bunch. Other issue which we saw last year and see occasionally is as noted about bama...everyone is supposed to have their chance with the ball to score... there can be a tendency for the rest of the team to stand around and watch the "designated scorer do his thing.

I like our team play now and that little play recently...three guys alone under the basket....two passes and a dunk.....neat.....

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

They're a better team when Sexton isn't on the floor. When he's out there the offense is just "let Colin do his thing."

Yeah, I think when Sexton isn't on the floor, it forces the other players to get involved and work for their teammates because no one else can create like Sexton. IMO it's an Avery problem. He's put too much on Colin and not demanding more from the other guys. They do way too much standing and waiting on Sexton when he's on the floor, and I think that's because their coaches have decided Sexton is always going to have the ball rather than working an offense that Colin is a part of, not the only initiator. If you have a defender that can stay in front of Sexton and not have to help off on him, you can really make their offense struggle. 

Archived