Kickoff time set for 2018 A-Day

aubiefifty

Kickoff time set for Auburn's 2018 A-Day spring game

Updated 3:47 PM; Posted 10:40 AM

Gallery: Auburn A-Day

84 shares

By Tom Green

tgreen@al.com

Auburn's annual spring game will be an afternoon affair this year.

The Tigers' A-Day game will kick off at 3 p.m. from Jordan-Hare Stadium on April 7, the program announced Wednesday.

A-Day will mark the culmination of spring practices for Auburn, which will begin spring on Feb. 27 -- the earliest start date during Gus Malzahn's tenure. Malzahn said last week while in Mobile for the Senior Bowl that the Tigers will have a similarly structured schedule as last year, when they practiced for two weeks before taking off for a week for spring break from March 12-16, then returning for the final stretch of practices before A-Day.

Auburn announced a crowd of 46,331 for last year's spring game, which was the second-lowest crowd of Malzahn's tenure but sixth-best A-Day attendance in program history.

Auburn typically charges fans $5 for A-Day admission but details for this year's game have yet to be made available.

• WarTiger changed the title to Kickoff time set for 2018 A-Day

damn that's early. gives more time for injuries that may occur during spring practice to heal before the fall . I wonder if that's the rationale for earlier start to practices

1:00 pm would be better, hard for people over 3-4 hours away to make it and get back which is exactly why they are moving it to 3.

Spend the night in Auburn which is fine normally. It could be pretty cold too.

whaa whaa whaa

6 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

What do college football players do from April to July? 

They pour over message boards wondering what we think of them. :beer2:

25 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

What do college football players do from April to July? 

Live in the weight room and sand pits

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Live in the weight room and sand pits

the ol dreaded sand pits..........i hear many a man was made or broken in those things.

my dad told me they came to the pits for a good workout and a cat had been using it as a litter box. coach did not care. he said he wanted to see some of the human variety to know the boys were getting after it......lol

ok i made that up lol. pretty sure shug was not there yet when my dad played...........

Archived