Woodson doing early work in Mississippi

GwillMac6

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Porter was a nice hire all the way around. Great Recruiter and an pretty darn good coach

. I think Woodson will bring in some great talent as well. Keep those top 10 classes coming and we will be fine. Kids will come and beating bammer and the mutts did help this year. Bowl game was a bummer, but I think it did not hurt too much.

I am still not believing the "great recruiter" rep yet.   In fact,. I am willing to guess that upstart Woodson will out recruit Porter in this 2019 class. 

16 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I am still not believing the "great recruiter" rep yet.   In fact,. I am willing to guess that upstart Woodson will out recruit Porter in this 2019 class. 

why? how much more data and facts do you need? Porter is primary for Tannor. If we land him that is another 4 star added to his resume this cycle. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8401179

3 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I'll give you the 4 years but Todd Gurley, Keith Marshall, and Zamir is a pretty dang good haul from that state

Still basically 1 player per year. I have never seen lights out defined as 1 player per year in a state.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

This year we have A)Beaten him on the field and B)Signed or have committed 7, yes, seven four-star prospects from Georgia and we're probably not through there. What more do you want?

And yet he beat us when it really mattered? Come on, you really want to start an argument over this? 

Read my posts, I'm not trying to be negative, so get off the 'defend Auburn high horse'. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

And yet he beat us when it really mattered? Come on, you really want to start an argument over this? 

Read my posts, I'm not trying to be negative, so get off the 'defend Auburn high horse'. 

I read THAT post. That's what I responded to. If 7+ 4* players from Georgia isn't having a strong presence there regardless of Kirby, how many would it take for you to be satisfied? You said we have to beat him on the field. We did. I'll get on my "defend Auburn high horse" every time I see inane statements like these.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I read THAT post. That's what I responded to. If 7+ 4* players from Georgia isn't having a strong presence there regardless of Kirby, how many would it take for you to be satisfied? You said we have to beat him on the field. We did. I'll get on my "defend Auburn high horse" every time I see inane statements like these.

Really... You 'freeagin' picked a dumb fight because someone thought it a smart idea... IN THEIR OPINION to go after Mississippi recruits loaded with talent next year and because Kirby has made it a mission to not let guys he wants out of state, mainly because rivals like us are raiding his state in his mimd. It is 'smart' to go into Mississippi, not inane! Dude you are dense. I meant beat him on the field next year, in the future!!! He one upped us with our "big win" this past year so your whole argument falls down. 

Come on, no one is pulling against Auburn, hey Get your head out of your

tenor.gif?itemid=5309735G

I know you ❤️ gifs, so that was for you.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Still basically 1 player per year. I have never seen lights out defined as 1 player per year in a state.

Gurley and Marshall the same year though, right? Man, I wanted Marshall at AU after I saw his highlights- I thought he was going to be the better of the two....

Sooo, in my best Ron White voice, Mississippi is looooooaded in 2019. It would be cool if we could get some of them.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sooo, in my best Ron White voice, Mississippi is looooooaded in 2019. It would be cool if we could get some of them.

That is good but Bama used to get first pickings there.    Maybe it will change this year with Woodson, but what about the next.  

Just now, lala said:

That is good but Bama used to get first pickings there.    Maybe it will change this year with Woodson, but what about the next.  

It's been a while since they took 1sts in Mississippi. If Ole Miss stays down & Miss St goes down then one would think it would be a feeding frenzy between AU, Bama, LSU, & the Vols.

29 minutes ago, lala said:

They use geography to their advantage there (in addition to everything else they usually have and do). Lot of Bammer in east MS....

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

why? how much more data and facts do you need? Porter is primary for Tannor. If we land him that is another 4 star added to his resume this cycle. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8401179

Break it down for me again please.  Who has he signed so far this class?  Honest question. 

14 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Break it down for me again please.  Who has he signed so far this class?  Honest question. 

This is at least the 5th time @GwillMac6 or I have said this, maybe closer to 10...

4* WR Anthony Schwartz - Committed & locked in.
4* SDE Kayode Oladele - Signed
4* LB Michael Harris - Signed
4* RB Shaun Shivers - Signed
3* OG/C Jalil Irvin - Signed

And he's the lead recruiter for 4* Buck target Caleb Tannor who AU is in good shape to land.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability......LOL one of my favorite lines

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

This is at least the 5th time @GwillMac6 or I have said this, maybe closer to 10...

And he's the lead recruiter for 4* Buck target Caleb Tannor who AU is in good shape to land.

/thread

3DwQA.gif

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how I missed all 10...   But thanks,.  I am sure it was a quick copy and paste for you.  

10 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Not sure how I missed all 10...   But thanks,.  I am sure it was a quick copy and paste for you.  

No. Had to retype it all. I post so much it's hard to look for stuff. lol

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

E, I was imagining you saying that with a drink and a cigar in your hand.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

When it's not your state and it's the states top players do you need more than 1 per year.

20 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

That makes no sense.....we beat the dawgs when it really mattered or we would not have been in Atlanta.    Can't understand how people so casually discount that win as if beating the #1 ranked team was nothing...:dunno:

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

That makes no sense.....we beat the dawgs when it really mattered or we would not have been in Atlanta.    Can't understand how people so casually discount that win as if beating the #1 ranked team was nothing...:dunno:

Come on man it makes total sense, you win the game and you win the SEC championship. And you go to the Playoffs. 

Of course beating rivals mattered, quit dissecting words. 

23 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Come on man it makes total sense, you win the game and you win the SEC championship. And you go to the Playoffs. 

Of course beating rivals mattered, quit dissecting words. 

but you don't win the other game or the bama game and you are not in Atlanta....you are the one cherry picking which game is important.,:dunno:

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

but you don't win the other game or the bama game and you are not in Atlanta....you are the one cherry picking which game is important.,:dunno:

I'm not ? picking. I was told that we beat them by another poster. I just said that Smart one upped us. That's what I meant.

Archived