Looking Ahead: Washington

RunInRed

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We shuffled linemen all season and most of it was due to injuries....and some guys played all positions if I recall.  JMO but that as much as anything was the major issue.   Hoping we are able to settle in and keep everyone where they perform best. 

Who was injured besides Horton?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

Who was injured besides Horton?

I recall Dunn and was thinking of others but maybe they had just lost their starting spots....but seemed that a good part of the year people were moving.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We shuffled linemen all season and most of it was due to injuries....and some guys played all positions if I recall.  JMO but that as much as anything was the major issue.   Hoping we are able to settle in and keep everyone where they perform best. 

what injuries? I remember James and Dunn getting injured a little(missed 1 game each) but no one else. The problem after the Clemson mauling was they were not satisfied with OT, so they moved Golson out of C and to tackle and brought in the grad transfer to Center, where he stayed all season...

Go back and look at the starting lineups during the year....We had the same lineup for the last 6 games of the season. 

So for next season, as another poster mentioned having Grimes i think will help getting a stronger starting OL for the first game of the season. 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

We play them in game #1, not game 13.....with an experienced team in most key positions, that should help...

I'm talking about the schedule overall not running out of gas against Wash. We need to take the appropriate measures so that doesn't happen again at the end...idk  how though. Right now as I see it what could keep us from winning is Gus, the o-line, or the secondary.

20 hours ago, gr82be said:

At this point I hate that the game is in Atlanta. I think I would rather it be at their place considering how we've performed in the Benz since it is not a home game.

Did not mean to like your post.  Actually, I dislike your post.  We want to play in MSB stadium at the end of season every year, it give us great exposure as long our coaches have our team prepared to play well (unlike the disaster that was the SECCG and Peach Bowl) which hopefully is the reason behind your post.  We should love to play in Atlanta. The reason our fans didn't show up for the Peach Bowl is because Gustav had us unprepared for the SECCG and we sucked and we have also sucked consistently under Gus in bowl games so most educated fans knew what to expect in the Peach Bowl.  Atlanta is a perfect place for AU to play other than JHS with the right coach.  Gustav has a fat new contract, maybe he can grow into the right coach in the next two years..

wde

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I don't think we can keep from running out of gas again if UGA and UAT are as good as they were last year. I don't think ANY team can go 3-0 against UGA/UAT/UGA in 4 weeks. If you look at just AU and UGA and UAT this year. We were 2-1, UGA was 1-2 and UAT was 1-1, and we were the only one of the three that was not in the playoff.

Just what we're stuck with....cheaters prosper with an easy schedule while we have to walk through a burning ring of fire to get to the sec chp.

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I'm talking about the schedule overall not running out of gas against Wash. We need to take the appropriate measures so that doesn't happen again at the end...idk  how though. Right now as I see it what could keep us from winning is Gus, the o-line, or the secondary.

I figured that...but the OP was about the Washington game....so the issue you raised is for later on perhaps when we get a better idea of who will be starting, etc. JMO

25 minutes ago, ertrader said:

While I agree, the reality is we have not beaten a quality* opponent away from Jordan-Hare since November of 2014. Don't know why we play so poorly in big games from home, but it will have to change.

My definition of quality = team that finished the season in the Top 25

Winning this first game would do so much for our confidence just like the last two years against clemson but it just feels like something will keep us from winning again

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Don't confuse his agenda.

wde

facts can be painful things...

15 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Did not mean to like your post.  Actually, I dislike your post.  We want to play in MSB stadium at the end of season every year, it give us great exposure as long our coaches have our team prepared to play well (unlike the disaster that was the SECCG and Peach Bowl) which hopefully is the reason behind your post.  We should love to play in Atlanta. The reason our fans didn't show up for the Peach Bowl is because Gustav had us unprepared for the SECCG and we sucked and we have also sucked consistently under Gus in bowl games so most educated fans knew what to expect in the Peach Bowl.  Atlanta is a perfect place for AU to play other than JHS with the right coach.  Gustav has a fat new contract, maybe he can grow into the right coach in the next two years..

wde

Not a problem. I figured that after you first comment. Difference of opinions. We should be able to play and win there but this past season left me with a bad taste in my mouth for that place. I'm just aggravated losing games that I know we should have been able to win. 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not a problem. I figured that after you first comment. Difference of opinions. We should be able to play and win there but this past season left me with a bad taste in my mouth for that place. I'm just aggravated losing games that I know we should have been able to win. 

No worries. All of us so called "Gus haters" are tired of losing games we should have been able to win too.

wde

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

facts can be painful things...

Gawsh...

There's that "facts, end of story" argument again.

Not just you, BTW....it's an epidemic here. 

Hammers are painful.  Facts, on a message board, are just as subjective as opinions.

22 hours ago, gr82be said:

At this point I hate that the game is in Atlanta. I think I would rather it be at their place considering how we've performed in the Benz since it is not a home game.

To play well in Atlanta we need a guy named Lorenzo.

Just now, McLoofus said:

You'd rather see... me in the pen...

Dats right.  Wondering how many would catch that.

On 2/2/2018 at 3:43 PM, Grumps said:

I don't think we can keep from running out of gas again if UGA and UAT are as good as they were last year. I don't think ANY team can go 3-0 against UGA/UAT/UGA in 4 weeks. If you look at just AU and UGA and UAT this year. We were 2-1, UGA was 1-2 and UAT was 1-1, and we were the only one of the three that was not in the playoff.

We need Pruitt to turn UT back into a contender and equal to thUGA.  UAT will continually waltz into the Iron Bowl undefeated until it happens.  

What's it been, like 832 years since UT beat the spuds?

4 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

We need Pruitt to turn UT back into a contender and equal to thUGA.  UAT will continually waltz into the Iron Bowl undefeated until it happens.  

What's it been, like 832 years since UT beat the spuds?

Not this year 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:34 PM, WFE12 said:

The schedule is just as tough than last year's or tougher; how do we not run out of gas again?

Here's an idea: Let's beat UGA, lose to Bama, then sit home during the SECCG and fill in the #4 spot on the playoff bracket. Worked for Bammer.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Here's an idea: Let's beat UGA, lose to Bama, then sit home during the SECCG and fill in the #4 spot on the playoff bracket. Worked for Bammer.

HAHA!

Don't suffer Offensive meltdowns against Clemson & LSU and that very well could have happened.

Except since Auburn ain't bammer, the PTB probably would have gone tOSU in that case.

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

Don't lose to an LSU team coached by a damn shrimp boat captain & AU would've had a decent chance for a spot in the CFP. :angry:

Archived