February 2-4 Visitors Thread

ellitor

Idk how they handle this with so many visitors for junior day plus having special attention for our 2018 visitors. What do they do at Junior day anyway?

17 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

What do they do at Junior day anyway?

Activities and tours.  The coaches focus on the 2018s while support staff does a lot of the work with JRs.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

How many OL do you see us signing in the 2019 class?  I heard we will be hard and heavy signing players for the DL for 2019. Will we have 25 slots for 2019? A lot of questions, but you are one of, if not the best source we have for recruiting information. I appreciate what you bring to the table my friend!

Not E, but . . .

I count 14 scholarship OL returning next year, 7 being juniors, 7 sophomores or redshirt freshmen. That's a chunk of guys presumably taking off after the 2019 season with the rest going in 2020. Auburn currently has 2 OL committed in this class and hoping to bring in 1 of Wonnum or Gouraige, and then hopefully snagging Anderson as a grad transfer for next year only. So that's an influx of 4 OL this year, with 1 of those leaving after the 2018 season. I'd imagine the 2019 class will be heavy on the linemen for both OL and DL, at least 5-6 OL if not more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So who’s the 5 star UGA commit visiting?

Have to wait til Ben Wolk does a article later today.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Have to wait til Ben Wolk does a article later today.

Has to be either Hasselwood, Blalock, or Smith. Those are their only 5*. I bet it’s Nolan Smith. Hasselwood already visited recently.

• Like 1

HE MADE IT! I thought this was going to be another Arden Key situation where he never got on the plane since O had his in home with him last night. 

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HE MADE IT! I thought this was going to be another Arden Key situation where he never got on the plane since O had his in home with him last night. 

Here is Lswho’s receiver situation for next year. You decide......

Returners (7): So. Justin Jefferson, Jr. Stephen Sullivan, Jr. Drake Davis, Jr. Dee Anderson, RJr. Derrick Dillon, So. Racey McMath, So. Mannie Netherly

Newbies (4): RJr. Jonathan Giles, Fr. Terrace Marshall, Fr. Kenan Jones, Fr. Jaray Jenkins

Reboot: Their top two starters gone, the Tigers are likely to rely heavily on new faces, including Giles, the transfer from Texas Tech, and Marshall, the No. 1 WR in the 2018 class. Davis, Sullivan and Dillon have good experience, and Anderson has size.

Edited by AlaskanFAN

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Has to be either Hasselwood, Blalock, or Smith. Those are their only 5*. I bet it’s Nolan Smith. Hasselwood already visited recently.

Are we sure it's not a 2018 commit?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Are we sure it's not a 2018 commit?

Yes because all of their 5 stars are enrolled or signed. 

• Thanks 1

Another commit in town crutin for us! WOOOOOOO!!!

• Like 3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Is this visitor a long shot? Or someone we have a legit chance of getting? It doesn't look like we're getting anyone else at this point.

45 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is this visitor a long shot? Or someone we have a legit chance of getting? It doesn't look like we're getting anyone else at this point.

It’s a 2019 kid.

I saw on a recent crystal ball that Anthony Schwartz was 83% Auburn and 17% UF.  I hate Florida and do not want them taking any of our our guys! I hope he is still all Auburn.

24 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I saw on a recent crystal ball that Anthony Schwartz was 83% Auburn and 17% UF.  I hate Florida and do not want them taking any of our our guys! I hope he is still all Auburn.

Doc, a lot of those guys with crystal ball picks don't know as much about it as you do. Schwartz has been working very hard recruiting other kids to Auburn. Guys that are undecided don't do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, doc4aday said:

That 17% for Florida was from last July. From some guys who made picks early & didn't think to change the picks when momentum swung to AU. That 17% is irrelevent.

• Thanks 1

2019 Austin HS "home town kid", 4* DB Reddy Stewart, had an amazing season last fall and is expecting another BIG year for the Black Bears.. an Asa Martin teammate and currently being coached by former Auburn db (ex-NFL) Jerraud Powers. Should be fun to watch!! WDE! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

Doc, a lot of those guys with crystal ball picks don't know as much about it as you do. Schwartz has been working very hard recruiting other kids to Auburn. Guys that are undecided don't do that.

Thanks Mikey!  You and Ellitor are always on the cutting edge of recruiting knowledge!

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

That 17% for Florida was from last July. From some guys who made picks early & didn't think to change the picks when momentum swung to AU. That 17% is irrelevent.

You and Mikey are always on the cutting edge of recruiting information!

Just now, doc4aday said:

You and Mikey are always on the cutting edge of recruiting information!

We're cutting something alright. Not sure it's edges though.

• Haha 3