Birmingham NSD watch party?

jskilgro

3 minutes ago, jskilgro said:

Central location for Signing Day viewing?

Are you asking a question? I mean, I see the question mark and all, but...

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Are you asking a question? I mean, I see the question mark and all, but...

“Well allow me to retort...”

Where, dear brethren and bretherwomen, will people be gathering in celebration of our impending signing class? More specifically, are there Auburn faithful meeting at a friendly establishment in the city that never sleeps, Birmingham, Alabama?

I’ll hang up and listen. 

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, jskilgro said:

“Well allow me to retort...”

Where, dear brethren and bretherwomen, will people be gathering in celebration of our impending signing class? More specifically, are there Auburn faithful meeting at a friendly establishment in the city that never sleeps, Birmingham, Alabama?

I’ll hang up and listen. 

Thanks. 

I think some are meeting at The Pit

Should be a short party.....we still thinking 5 or so?  I would think by now there would be no surprises as far as far as the coaches are concerned.

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Should be a short party.....we still thinking 5 or so?  I would think by now there would be no surprises as far as far as the coaches are concerned.

Three, or possibly four new ones. Also, @jskilgro this is going to be a morning affair, AU should be done well before noon. Not the time of day when people normally hold a mid-week gathering.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Signing day ain't what it used to be. But I still never heard of a gathering. 

Agree, the early signing period took a lot of the anticipation off of the February signing day. Kind of like opening Christmas presents early and getting all the cool gadgets and toys. Then you go to Grandma's and you might get something really cool or you might get underwear...which still fills a need. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Three, or possibly four new ones. Also, @jskilgro this is going to be a morning affair, AU should be done well before noon. Not the time of day when people normally hold a mid-week gathering.

Right....not much of a partying event.....but maybe a bloody mary with breakfast could ease the tension until the results are in.   

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

I would think by now there would be no surprises as far as far as the coaches are concerned.

Mmmm. I wouldn't count on that. Could be at least 1 surprise in a good way.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

We have 1 or 2 targets signing after noon. May not be over by mid morning.

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

Agree, the early signing period took a lot of the anticipation off of the February signing day. Kind of like opening Christmas presents early and getting all the cool gadgets and toys. Then you go to Grandma's and you might get something really cool or you might get underwear...which still fills a need. 

In my younger days If I got underwear for Christmas I would have probably said under my breath, UNDERWEAR, who wants underwear? Now, my retort would be a meaningfull, all right, I got underwear! My times they did a changing.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The latest I saw was Ross at noon eastern time. Has something changed or what did I miss?

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The latest I saw was Ross at noon eastern time. Has something changed or what did I miss?

JaMarr Chase's school is doing there's at noon. We are a real player there.

Malik Langham's school is doing there's at 2:30.

Gouraige & Caleb Johnson is TBD.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

JaMarr Chase's school is doing there's at noon. We are a real player there.

Malik Langham's school is doing there's at 2:30.

Gouraige & Caleb Johnson is TBD.

Visit must've done pretty durn good since you said we were just a hat on the table like last week.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

It would be rather anti-climatic if someone had hats on the table and the schools already had their 25 commits signed, don't ya think!

15 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Visit must've done pretty durn good since you said we were just a hat on the table like last week.

We were already in it more than I & some AU sources realized.

9 hours ago, LakeBum said:

It would be rather anti-climatic if someone had hats on the table and the schools already had their 25 commits signed, don't ya think!

Huh? We aren't filling up before then.

10 hours ago, LakeBum said:

I've been hoping for the day some kid puts up hats for UAT, Texas, Auburn, Notre Dame, So. Cal and UL-Monroe and picks the ULM hat, the only school he really had an offer from. That would be very cool but of course, ESPN's TV cameras probably wouldn't be at his school. Still, it would be funny.

Archived