#11 Auburn vs Vanderbilt

Auhud08

Tuesday night Auburn gutted out a tough road win against Deandre Burnett and the Ole Miss Rebels. It took two full halves to put the Rebels away in agame that was much more about the refs than anything else. Now Auburn (20-2, 8-1) heads back home to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (8-14, 2-7) in Auburn Arena. Vandy comes to town in last place off a disappointing overtime loss to Kentucky in Rupp Arena, but make no mistake the ‘Dores will be tough. Auburn will need to make its shots and defend the perimeter as Vandy loves to shoot 3s. Should be an exciting game!

Tipoff is at 7:30 CT on SEC Network. 

War Eagle!

33 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Tuesday night Auburn gutted out a tough road win against Deandre Burnett and the Ole Miss Rebels. It took two full halves to put the Rebels away in agame that was much more about the refs than anything else. Now Auburn (20-2, 8-1) heads back home to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (8-14, 2-7) in Auburn Arena. Vandy comes to town in last place off a disappointing overtime loss to Kentucky in Rupp Arena, but make no mistake the ‘Dores will be tough. Auburn will need to make its shots and defend the perimeter as Vandy loves to shoot 3s. Should be an exciting game!

Tipoff is at 7:30 CT on SEC Network. 

War Eagle!

Vanderbilt is the kind of team that could really hurt us if we get lazy on defense or the boards.....or, one we could absolutely destroy because their style of shooting threes plays to our strengths. I’m hopeful (optimistic) for the latter. WDE!

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

Vanderbilt is the kind of team that could really hurt us if we get lazy on defense or the boards.....!

Good thing that's our strength

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Good thing that's our strength

Has been so far, hope it continues. Hence, the second half of my post. Keep it rolling Tigers!

One of the oddest home courts in the conference but AUburn is the better team. War Damn Eagle ?! 

Okay. The way the title was worded gave me the impression that AUburn was the visiting team. Generally, the visiting team is listed first and home team second ie Vanderbilt vs #11 AUburn. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Okay. The way the title was worded gave me the impression that AUburn was the visiting team. Generally, the visiting team is listed first and home team second ie Vanderbilt vs #11 AUburn. 

If we were in Nashvegas I would certainly attend. 1 1/2 hour drive yes definitely. I just have a hard time driving 4 hours both ways to a two hour game. Not going to be any closer ones either. 

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

One of the oddest home courts in the conference but AUburn is the better team. War Damn Eagle ?! 

I went with my son one year and sat in the 2nd deck, the path of each shot, at the apex was screened from our view by the 3rd deck above us

I hate to pull for the updykes today, but if they could beat florida at florida, and assuming we beat vandy, it would really be like walking up to a dairy queen and smelling that food aroma.    we ain't there yet,but we close !!!!!

59 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

I hate to pull for the updykes today, but if they could beat florida at florida, and assuming we beat vandy, it would really be like walking up to a dairy queen and smelling that food aroma.    we ain't there yet,but we close !!!!!

No way! A UAT win at Florida would help their RPI too much. To hell with them, if we win at Florida all will be ok anyway.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No way! A UAT win at Florida would help their RPI too much. To hell with them, if we win at Florida all will be ok anyway.

I'm pulling for all the 3-loss conference teams to drop today.  I want as much of a cushion the next 9 games as possible.  This season in Auburn basketball history is bigger than a rival getting in a field of 68.  I want this team to get a trophy bad and if it takes the mullets "helping" along the way, I couldn't care less.

Things are setting up nicely as Duke and Kansas both lost today.    There's not much better than seeing duke lose but even more so when it has the potential to help Auburn move up.   So, #4 and #7 have fallen today.   Auburn takes care of business tonight, we could move into the top 10.

Watching Tennessee play in Knoxville and still wondering how AU made a 14 point second-half comeback on that team.  Glad AU played them early, would not want them right now!  Good to own the tie-breaker on them right now in conference.

7 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Watching Tennessee play in Knoxville and still wondering how AU made a 14 point second-half comeback on that team.  Glad AU played them early, would not want them right now!  Good to own the tie-breaker on them right now in conference.

Yeah, that win is looking particularly good at this point. 

4 hours ago, doverstutts said:

You got your wish as far as bammer and Florida. The updykes took the Gators down.

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

You got your wish as far as bammer and Florida. The updykes took the Gators down.

we squeeze this one out that adds another game lead to florida....need somebody to beat tennessee,too to add cushion to them,

Archived