SEC/NCAA Basketball Thread.

weathergeakal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Thought I would create a thread to talk about all Non-Auburn basketball. Duke losing is a shocker and UK is about to lose. If this isn't the right place to put this thread please move it.

Duke is having a mid season rift. 

Just now, weathergeakal said:

I still think they are winning the natty.

That’s too hard to tell but I do think they will go on another run.

Teams we don't see or hear much about ...Villanova and Xavier ......also Purdue who seems to play in the shadows for the more well known Big10 teams.... .just wonder how good they really are

13 hours ago, alexava said:

Duke will be tough in tournament. No idea how they slipped up vs St. John’s 

Their freshmen don't like to play defense...have had a season to start doing so but Coach K has not been able to get their attention yet.. 

On 2/3/2018 at 4:43 PM, weathergeakal said:

I still think they are winning the natty.

Not saying you're wrong because they definitely could win the whole thing but this Duke team feels like one that can win it all or lose in the first weekend (think Mercer or Lehigh)

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Not saying you're wrong because they definitely could win the whole thing but this Duke team feels like one that can win it all or lose in the first weekend (think Mercer or Lehigh)

Yeah i just think having a star like Marvin Bagley is going to be huge. Do think UVA can make a run. Purdue i think is very overrated 

• 3 weeks later...

Good ish.

Tennessee up 6 at half against MSU. I would love to win it straight up on the court the next 2 games, but it would sure take the pressure off for UT to lose tonight against their toughest remaining opponent. 

41 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Tennessee up 6 at half against MSU. I would love to win it straight up on the court the next 2 games, but it would sure take the pressure off for UT to lose tonight against their toughest remaining opponent. 

Is that game at UT?

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Is that game at UT?

Games over. Rocky Top throttled them AT the Hump by a tune of 22 points. Only Miss States second home loss of the year. The other one was of course to us.

I really know nothing about basketball but Louisville looked like they were robbed tonight.  The last foul called on the 3 pt shot by va did not look like s foul but what do I know?

Ranked teams still having problems...Duke and UNC lost again and a couple other really close wins over unranked teams by other top 10.

A wide open tournament

Murray St and Middle Tenn St are 2 of our best non conference wins in some time. They continue to help boost our RPI.

We have OFFICALLY beat 1 ncaa tourney team! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Man I am def going to pick them to win at least 1 game in the tournament in my bracket. They have won 14 in a row.

Our RPI is going to take a hit after this. Horrific loss by MTSU.

I will not be suprised after kentucky wins tomorrow to see them jump both us and UT as the highest seeded SEC team. Blue bloods gonna always get preferential treatment.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will not be suprised after kentucky wins tomorrow to see them jump both us and UT as the highest seeded SEC team. Blue bloods gonna always get preferential treatment.

Kentucky is 0-2 against UT so far this year. Why so confident? UVA v. UNC is a goodun. Wish we got Garrison Brooks..

UVA is up 6 with 3minutes left and UNC’s offense has been suffocated all game.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Kentucky is 0-2 against UT so far this year. Why so confident? UVA v. UNC is a goodun. Wish we got Garrison Brooks..

UVA is up 6 with 3minutes left and UNC’s offense has been suffocated all game.

Because it is kentucky. this is what they do. Win the sec tournament even with some of Cal's least talented teams. I also just do not think rocky top is that great. They struggle to score the basketball , do not have that good of guards and as always it is a road game vs the other team when it is against kentucky in the sec tourney...... I rather go get a root canal than watch 1 minute of a virginia vs unc game lol.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Because it is kentucky. this is what they do. Win the sec tournament even with some of Cal's least talented teams. I also just do not think rocky top is that great. They struggle to score the basketball , do not have that good of guards and as always it is a road game vs the other team when it is against kentucky in the sec tourney...... I rather go get a root canal than watch 1 minute of a virginia vs unc game lol.

I’m not a fan of Roy or UNC. There isn’t crap on TV though.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m not a fan of Roy or UNC. There isn’t crap on TV though.

At least unc and uncle roy did not win. WOOOOO!!!!! tonight is officially a success. I was watching wku vs marshall in the C-USA tourney. WKU is coached by former Miss St Head Coach Rick Stansbury.

Archived