Men vs. Vanderbilt

WarTiger

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve become pretty spoiled when I’m slightly disappointed in a 12 point SEC win. Still a great win when you consider that #11 was hitting everything and Vandy fought till the end. My only complaint - can we stop with the alley-oop passes already?! They’re rarely successful and they generally lead to a run out or transition 3 on the other end.

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

BASKETBALL SCHOOL

#equestrian HOW DARE YOU! lol

1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Vandy shooting 53% and 56% from three and borderline getting run out of the gym lol.  I love it.

This team sort of reminds me of UNLV back in the day. You would be playing them close thinking, hey, I think we can beat these guys. Next thing you know you're down by 18-20 points. Fun bunch if you're an Auburn fan :bow:

Fun game to watch but looked like the D took most of the second half off.....if someone could have thrown a blanket over Roberson I would have been much happier instead of having to watch Dunbar and Okeke bail us out with some unconscious 3s.   Not good policy to let a guy like that get open time and time again....especially since he was by far, their most dangerous weapon.

Not gonna get any easier of course.....some good games ahead. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Fun game to watch but looked like the D took most of the second half off.....if someone could have thrown a blanket over Roberson I would have been much happier instead of having to watch Dunbar and Okeke bail us out with some unconscious 3s.   Not good policy to let a guy like that get open time and time again....especially since he was by far, their most dangerous weapon.

Noticed that , kinda. I’ll take winning however it comes and love this team. But we shot lights out and still managed a somewhat close scoring game.  I think Vandy is just so much better than their record. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

It wasn't let get open. They run really good sets with screens and movement which makes it very hard to stop a talented player like Roberson. What was amazing is I believe this kid played every minute of the game and was still running hard at the end. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the player on the other team.

Just look at it this way... Vandy had to shoot lights out in spurts just to keep the game within 10-12 ponts! Been a while since an AU team was good enough to do that to a team. 

Archived