2018 3* SDE/DT Caleb Johnson

ellitor

image.png

12 Major offers including AU, UGA, Vols, Florida, LSU, & Miami
Up to 265 lbs now per his exist interview from his AU OV last week

Surprised we didn't already have a thread on him. Anyway, it's looking more & more likely CJ may end up in the class.

This is 1 kid I ain't worried about stars. He is just simply a play maker. The deal is finding a good spot for him.

Some things from his highlights

1. Dude loves to scoop and score!

2. He caught a TD pass? What?!

3. Okay, I'm convinced that this kid has  a cartoon type magnet that attracts the ball to him after seeing his interception at 1:23 and all the fumbles that fall into his hands!

4. He looks smaller which means his frame has more room to grow into

5. Looks like a "tweener" which isn't a bad build for a Buck LB/DE hybrid. He would need to pack on some serious weight to be a DT on the inside. Maybe a 3rd down DT on pass situations.

I like this kid, he has a nose for the ball and he looks like a gamer. Not terrible size either, college nutrition plan and weightlifting will do wonders for this kid.

Speaking of his size guys, he weighed 267 at his ov last week. He does not have to put on but 25 pounds to be 290 DT with great quickness and athletic ability. Can you say Spencer Johnson or SenDerrick Marks? Neither were this big when they signed with Auburn.

58 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

So, do we have a legitimate shot at him or are we just p.....g in the wind?

I wouldn't make the thread this late if it wasn't a legit shot.

so langham and Johnson will announce at the same time? 2:30 eastern?  I thought that Johnson was announcing at 1:30 eastern?

Too cool! This kid goes to my former high school! My brother is friends with him and he is also going to Auburn. Was telling him to do some recruiting for us lol!

25 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

I think this guy was our best "surprise". It is difficult to say how he will turn out but he sure looks fast and athletic. 

Yep. And the Marsh kid. IMNSHO

30 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

I think this guy was our best "surprise". It is difficult to say how he will turn out but he sure looks fast and athletic. 

He's my new favorite player...will be SEC first teamer in no time.

Crazy. I just ran into him and his family at dinner. Theyre having a nice time celebrating. Shook his hand and told him war eagle and thrilled to have him as an auburn tiger. He was probably a bit freaked out lol, but nice young man and family.

I see him as a DT 

Archived