Here is hoping we don't crash & burn since ENSD

AUIH1

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Why was the title of recruiting coordinator taken away from RG?

Titles in coaching means money.  Porter is called the RC because it would be foolish to pay him the money for his TE/HB coaching.  I preferred RG to be the RC.  It took him 4 years to balance out our roster and in his first year out of said position we are back uneven again overloading on WRs and missing OL.  

I know this yanks Gwills chain but I don't see the same results that Porter is getting credit for.  Still haven't developed a TE and had 2 experienced coaches in Porter and Borges coaching TE/HB.  He's getting credit for LBs, WRs... and all you hear the recruits talk about is their relationships with Kodi or Twill.  Maybe I'll see the light one day.   

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Titles in coaching means money.  Porter is called the RC because it would be foolish to pay him the money for his TE/HB coaching.  I preferred RG to be the RC.  It took him 4 years to balance out our roster and in his first year out of said position we are back uneven again overloading on WRs and missing OL.  

I know this yanks Gwills chain but I don't see the same results that Porter is getting credit for.  Still haven't developed a TE and had 2 experienced coaches in Porter and Borges coaching TE/HB.  He's getting credit for LBs, WRs... and all you hear the recruits talk about is their relationships with Kodi or Twill.  Maybe I'll see the light one day. 

OK this rant definitely shouldn't be in this thread.  This is a celebration thread for the fine young men that will wear the orange and blue in the near future.  

lol ohhhhhhh coach one day soon you will be a HUGE Porter fan. I am recruiting you to be a Porter fan! WOOOO!!! It does not yank my chain as much as it just baffles me! You usually are fair about such stuff and when we give you facts and you still are not a believer? IDK what I am missing. BTW if we moved Horton to TE coach and Porter to RB coach which is his position by trade we would recruit IMO ELITE at RB instead of just very good And I bet the production would still be the same at TE as it has been under every coach under Gus. The blame of the lack of use out of the TE position or development falls strictly on Gus and no one else.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol ohhhhhhh coach one day soon you will be a HUGE Porter fan. I am recruiting you to be a Porter fan! WOOOO!!! It does not yank my chain as much as it just baffles me! You usually are fair about such stuff and when we give you facts and you still are not a believer? IDK what I am missing. BTW if we moved Horton to TE coach and Porter to RB coach which is his position by trade we would recruit IMO ELITE at RB instead of just very good And I bet the production would still be the same at TE as it has been under every coach under Gus. The blame of the lack of use out of the TE position or development falls strictly on Gus and no one else.

There have been lil birds chirping this narrative.  As in more coaching changes coming.  

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

There have been lil birds chirping this narrative.  As in more coaching changes coming.  

Not just little ones

Archived