Null

Sign in to follow this  
abw0004

2018 NFL Combine Snubs

The full list of the 2018 NFL Combine participants was released today.  Here is the list of our players:

Daniel Carlson

Carlton Davis

Jeff Holland

Kerryon Johnson

Kamryn Pettway

Stephen Roberts

Braden Smith

Notably two were left off in Tre Williams and Tray Matthews.  Personally I believe those two deserved a shot at the combine considering the havoc they caused when healthy.  Austin Golson was also left off considering he has an argument for the most versatile OL this year.  Thoughts?

Edited by abw0004
Forgot to mention Golson

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Notably two were left off in Tre Williams and Tray Matthews.  Personally I believe those two deserved a shot at the combine considering the havoc they caused when healthy.  Thoughts?

Any chance they were invited but didn't participate for health reasons?

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Any chance they were invited but didn't participate for health reasons?

That I don't know, but KJ is probably not 100% either.

Golson not being invited is a surprise, but not the other two. I am glad those guys are Auburn men, but, for various reasons, I don’t see them having a future in the NFL. Nothing wrong with that. Top flight guys. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Tre and Golson deserved it for sure. Not sure Tray will even be drafted.

Surprised KP got a combine invite.....

23 minutes ago, fredst said:

Surprised KP got a combine invite.....

Why would that surprise you? Pettway has NFL measurables and was a top performer in the SEC last year.  He is a very intriguing NFL prospect which is why it made sense for him to leave: he'll probably find someone to use him in some manner because guys that big who can move have value.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, metafour said:

Why would that surprise you? Pettway has NFL measurables and was a top performer in the SEC last year.  He is a very intriguing NFL prospect which is why it made sense for him to leave: he'll probably find someone to use him in some manner because guys that big who can move have value.

KP is easily defensed.  He may have NFL stats in some areas, but off of the field he is a train wreck.

wde

2 hours ago, metafour said:

I was going to post something similar but didn’t want to put a long post in with my uninformed speculation, lol. I agree he has the physique to play and when he’s been healthy has looked good *but* he’s been injured so much and has a pretty limited “body of work” (especially against the better teams on our schedule). Wasn’t sure that would score him a combine invite...but maybe that’s exactly why he got one. Hope he grades out well and makes him some money.

Edited by fredst

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Not sure Tray Tre will even be drafted.

^^^This^^.... but FIFY

21 hours ago, Shift said:

^^^This^^.... but FIFY

Guy is an All-SEC pick having played injured almost the entire season and you don't think he'll be drafted?

Anybody think KP should be playing on the other side of the ball?

I know I'm late but, were there any answers about this or did 3 guys just not get invited outright? Thanks.

On 2/6/2018 at 2:37 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Tre and Golson deserved it for sure. Not sure Tray will even be drafted.

I think they all get drafted not early but all just produced way too much over the years not to. 

On 2/9/2018 at 11:37 AM, AUDevil said:

Anybody think KP should be playing on the other side of the ball?

I think Pettway will be lucky to be on a team. Scouts haven’t been too kind to him with his off the field issues.

• Like 1

No idea how anyone would think he needs to play on other side of the ball. But pettway type backs , well he would have to get lucky and fall in the right place at the right time. Hence have some injuries ahead of him. But I certainly think he can play. With the injuries and other baggage he is going to have to be really good or really lucky.