How did we do compared to our biggest rivals

AUIH1

How did we do compared to our biggest rivals (especially, uga and spuat) in terms of the positions that matter in terms of beating those two rivals?

wde

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Seeing that we didn’t do well on both sides of the line I’m going to say not good. 

Thank you. Although, on the DL, we can at least be adequate given Garner's motivation.  

wde

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Seeing that we didn’t do well on both sides of the line I’m going to say not good. 

Since when was 4 4* DLs not good?

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How in the world did I forget Miller? I’m going to wait and see on Newkirk. 

Newkirk had a very strong juco season at DT. Yes he has to transfer that to the SEC but the potential is there.

Quote" How did we do compared to our biggest rivals (especially, uga and spuat)..... " [/i]

We played them three times in the recent season and beat them twice.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Quote" How did we do compared to our biggest rivals (especially, uga and spuat)..... " [/i]

We lost a SEC championship game against uga and spuat won yet another NCAA championship.  We still lagged behind.

wde 

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

We lost a SEC championship game against uga and spuat won yet another NCAA championship.  We still lagged behind.

wde 

if that’s the case everybody else including UGA lagged behind. I do believe Auburn has the talent to be compete and beat them both again next season. All three teams lose players at key positions and have unknown and unproven players replacing them. Offensive line will be key for Auburn, but having Grimes back should help since he has been with Gus before.

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

if that’s the case everybody else including UGA lagged behind. I do believe Auburn has the talent to be compete and beat them both again next season. All three teams lose players at key positions and have unknown and unproven players replacing them. Offensive line will be key for Auburn, but having Grimes back should help since he has been with Gus before.

Everything you posted make sense other than us having Gus as our HC.

WDE

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

This is true and we had some serious momentum *but*  the culmination of the season was AU getting pushed around and beat by UCF while those two teams played each other for the national championship. Nobody but serious Auburn fans cares much about those other games and we are seeing that play out in this late recruiting season. It’s too bad but that’s reality.

31 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is true and we had some serious momentum *but*  the culmination of the season was AU getting pushed around and beat by UCF while those two teams played each other for the national championship. Nobody but serious Auburn fans cares much about those other games and we are seeing that play out in this late recruiting season. It’s too bad but that’s reality.

As you said, serious Auburn fans care about those games. What others may think is no concern of mine and there's not the slightest bit of indication that winning or losing a given game has any effect on recruiting.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As you said, serious Auburn fans care about those games. What others may think is no concern of mine and there's not the slightest bit of indication that winning or losing a given game has any effect on recruiting.

Hey, I loved those games and relished stomping both of those teams. I have to disagree though. I think losing those two games and the way we lost them killed the positive vibes and momentum those games created and have hurt us in this stretch run of recruiting (maybe it wasn’t meant to be but the Trey Hill recruitment comes to mind). I could care less what other fan bases or the ESPN blabber mouths think of us but I do care about the affect on recruits’ perceptions because of what that means come signing day. JMO.

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Hey, I loved those games and relished stomping both of those teams. I have to disagree though. I think losing those two games and the way we lost them killed the positive vibes and momentum those games created and have hurt us in this stretch run of recruiting (maybe it wasn’t meant to be but the Trey Hill recruitment comes to mind). I could care less what other fan bases or the ESPN blabber mouths think of us but I do care about the affect on recruits’ perceptions because of what that means come signing day. JMO.

Trey Hill had everybody from his preacher to his dentist to his extended family demanding that he go to UGA. I never understood why there was any optimism about him coming to AU. We'll have to disagree on the effect of late season games. I've seen us whup UGA, bammer etc. and then lose too many recruits to them to think a given game makes any difference. A three-year slide, yes, but not a game or two.

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

We'll have to disagree on the effect of late season games. I've seen us whup UGA, bammer etc. and then lose too many recruits to them to think a given game makes any difference. A three-year slide, yes, but not a game or two.

Exactly. There is also no way that Georgia finally having 1 good year boosted this class like it did. Part of it was the cupboard being stocked in Georgia high schools, but it's no coincidence that Kirby leaving bama for Georgia coincided with Georgia recruiting skyrocketing and bama recruiting dropping off.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Exactly. There is also no way that Georgia finally having 1 good year boosted this class like it did. Part of it was the cupboard being stocked 8n Georgia high schools, but it's no coincidence that Kirby leaving bama for Georgia coincided with Georgia recruiting skyrocketing and bama recruiting dropping off.

Do you not understand our history in terms of recruiting?  Starting with  Dye who modeled our program after Dye's idol (Bear Bryant), AU has attempted to be as "adept" at recruiting as spuat.   

wde

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

You're right. Winning those 2 games had no positive effect on recruiting, which is clearly what this thread is about. But hey, keep complaining about the "mindless bashing". 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're right. Winning those 2 games had no positive effect on recruiting, which is clearly what this thread is about. But hey, keep complaining about the "mindless bashing". 

Have no fear, you can be rather certain that I will continue to bash the mindless bashers.

Archived