Thoughts on the New Recruiting Format

aubie17

On 2/6/2018 at 8:26 PM, aubie17 said:

I am wondering what others' perspectives is on the current recruiting cycle concerning the new format.

I'm out of the loop. I've never really followed recruiting THAT close, what's this new format?

We absolutely have to offer Mohamoud Diabate as soon as possible. I know the coaches evaluate their own talent but he's a 4* linebacker in our town with a 6'4" 220 lbs. build. Yes please.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:53 PM, ellitor said:

No. I'm calling a spade a spade & don't post or think in extremes like some fans do, especially this time of year. Somebody has to be sensible.

You are one of the top 5 posters that I know I am going to get the facts on players and coaches. You see room for improvement for Gus and staff, but know they are doing far more right than wrong. For the love of Toomers' Corner and all things decent in Auburn, we did a right nice job with landing the quality of recruits we did this class. We did not lose one young man to a flip to another school and this speaks volumes of this staff and recruits who worked with other recruits talking up the great school Auburn is.  It was not like we had a ton of open slots after our commits all signed LOI and only had room for 1 or 2 recruits.  We landed an excellent DE/DL in Caleb Johnson who I think is a better choice than Tannor. It would not surprise me seeing Johnson on the field in 2018.

48 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

You are one of the top 5 posters that I know I am going to get the facts on players and coaches. You see room for improvement for Gus and staff, but know they are doing far more right than wrong. For the love of Toomers' Corner and all things decent in Auburn, we did a right nice job with landing the quality of recruits we did this class. We did not lose one young man to a flip to another school and this speaks volumes of this staff and recruits who worked with other recruits talking up the great school Auburn is.  It was not like we had a ton of open slots after our commits all signed LOI and only had room for 1 or 2 recruits.  We landed an excellent DE/DL in Caleb Johnson who I think is a better choice than Tannor. It would not surprise me seeing Johnson on the field in 2018.

Not to mention the lowest number of juco recruits in while! Even Newkirk has been committed since hs and he was our lone juco sign. Speaks volumes about our depth starting to get there!

Archived