***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Tons of buzz from the Auburn pay site admins that we're about to snag Justyn Ross.

I would feel a lot better if his announcement was NOT four hours away lol. That is a eternity when dealing with 2 of the best in dabo and saban.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I would feel a lot better if his announcement was NOT four hours away lol. That is a eternity when dealing with 2 of the best in dabo and saban.

What's being said is that it's down to Auburn and Clemson....bammer is out of it.  But that the confidence level is pretty strong Auburn has gotten him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Roos said:

what position does CJ Harris play?  as well as ht & wt? 

thanks

Safety.

This kid is going to be easy to pull for...assuming the medical condition made it difficult to get an accurate evaluation.

Epileptic high school athlete at center of cannibis oil debate

WARNER ROBINS, Ga. - A high school athlete is at the center of a cannabis oil debate. He is one of 1,700 patients to sign up throughout the state for medical marijuana, but his high school says he can't bring it on campus.

Channel 2’s Rikki Klaus spoke with CJ Harris, who is currently traveling with the Warner Robins High School basketball team.

He played at Lambert High in Suwannee over the weekend. His family credits medical cannabis oil for keeping CJ seizure-free the last several months.

"It's hard because you don't know if this is your last breath your child is taking. You just don't know," father Curtis Harris told Klaus. 

OilKid_20170523005500747_8130927_ver1.0_

Harris said he couldn't be more proud of his 17-year-old son, CJ.

Klaus looked on as the Warner Robins High School basketball player hit the court in Gwinnett County over the weekend. But epilepsy kept stealing CJ's thunder, and his prescription pills weren't working.

"I wake up every morning and I pray, ‘Please don't let nothing happen today. Please don't let nothing happen today,’" CJ told Klaus.

Harris said his son has had about 15 seizures, and hit his head half a dozen times.

CJ’s last seizure was in early January.

In mid-January, CJ started taking medical cannabis oil, legal in the state of Georgia for two years now.

Harris said it's worked, so far.

"He's going from having two seizures a month or one seizure a month, and now he hasn't had any? That's like, wow," Harris said.

But CJ has had to miss class, just so he can take his noon dose. 

The medicine is forbidden on his campus. It violates federal law. For Harris and his son, it's a huge inconvenience.

"So I've got to come pick him up every day, check him out of school, bring him to the house," Harris said.

Klaus contacted the Houston County Board of Education, which sent her a statement that reads, in part:

"Per the Safe and Drug Free Schools federal law, the oil may not be brought onto school grounds."

State Rep. Allen Peake, who is responsible for advocating for and ushering in Georgia's medical marijuana program, said cases like this are going to become more and more common, since state law conflicts with federal law.

"CJ's case is not going to be isolated. There are kids all over the state who are going to be facing the same issue, particularly now that autism is added to the list of qualifying conditions," Peake told Klaus.

Harris said the medicine was allowed at his son's old school, a private school in Macon. He wants that same freedom for CJ at Warner Robins.

Peake said school administrators need to get courageous, do what's best for the students and allow cannabis oil on campus. 

• Like 3
    • Thanks 3

• Like 4
    • Love 4

Getting Ross would be a smack in bammers face especially considering Saban was there on Monday (lost in the halls). LOL

• Haha 2

Just now, TitanTiger said:

What's being said is that it's down to Auburn and Clemson....bammer is out of it.  But that the confidence level is pretty strong Auburn has gotten him.

I would feel better if Keith said something that was positive about Ross to AU. J Lee and rivals do not have the best reputation haha. But man signing day just got a WHOLE lot more interesting.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I would feel better if Keith said something that was positive about Ross to AU. J Lee and rivals do not have the best reputation haha. But man signing day just got a WHOLE lot more interesting.

Jason Caldwell is going to be at Ross' announcement if that helps.  And it's more than JLee talking about this.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Jason Caldwell is going to be at Ross' announcement if that helps.  And it's more than JLee talking about this.

Thank you for the info sir. Much appreciated! Fingers crossed! We have not signed the number 1 player in alabama in a long time.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Tons of buzz from the Auburn pay site admins that we're about to snag Justyn Ross.

I'd be delighted with this development but I'm holding my joy until the fax machine goes off. Several posters have accused Ross of trolling AU. I haven't thought so, but it is a possibility. Thanks for the update. I've got my fingers crossed but not popping the champagne bottle cork just yet.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd be delighted with this development but I'm holding my joy until the fax machine goes off. Several posters have accused Ross of trolling AU. I haven't thought so, but it is a possibility. Thanks for the update. I've got my fingers crossed but not popping the champagne bottle cork just yet.

I'm not seeing several posters calling it a troll.  I see a few posters being skeptical, that's about it.

We'll see.  It's certainly a shock this late in the game.

If it happens then M Hill can move to Safety and the only place will have missed is OT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

lol great! I had not got my hopes up about him in months and now this buzz happens! I will be crushed if he does not come........ Until I remember we already have a stud WR class and it is a luxury not a need.

Purely hypothetical, but if we land Ross AND Walker, I think the state of Alabama would catch on fire.  Good thing I bought marshmallows last night...

• Like 2
    • Haha 1

Keith's take seems to be that there's a lot of talk that Auburn is heating up with regard to Ross but the kid has been very close to the vest so anything is possible.  He also doesn't think Bama is out of it.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not seeing several posters calling it a troll.  I see a few posters being skeptical, that's about it.

We'll see.  It's certainly a shock this late in the game.

I wasn't speaking of today. Over the past several weeks, every time something positive came out about Ross and Auburn, some found it necessary to claim he was trolling us. R. Evans, Yeldon and so forth have been mentioned. I haven't seen that today.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol great! I had not got my hopes up about him in months and now this buzz happens! I will be crushed if he does not come........ Until I remember we already have a stud WR class and it is a luxury not a need.

But safety is a need, as @AuburnNTexas pointed out, and this would allow Hill to fill that need.

Wait, I'm not making it better, am I? Happy NSD my G!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I wasn't speaking of today. Over the past several weeks, every time something positive came out about Ross and Auburn, some found it necessary to claim he was trolling us. R. Evans, Yeldon and so forth have been mentioned. I haven't seen that today.

Yep. At some point in the past week or so, Ross tweeted out photos of himself in O&B with "WDE" or whatever, and folks said he was trolling us. 

As always, it's the fans who want and provide the drama.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4501160

O I was def a part of that. I mean he was putting out all this AU content on his twitter last week when it was being reported AU was running third and bama felt extremely confident.

• Like 1
    • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But safety is a need, as @AuburnNTexas pointed out, and this would allow Hill to fill that need.

Wait, I'm not making it better, am I? Happy NSD my G!

WHY IS HIS SIGNING TIME SO FAR AWAY?!?!? It might as well be this day on 2019! lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Does anything change with Chase if we get Ross?

From what I'm hearing, we're not really in it with Chase either way. Sounds like we will lose him to the state of Louisiana (home) as much or more than we lose him to LSU.