***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

9 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Look at the 5* kids he got from out of state.

Out of state he brought in 3-5*  and 4-4*

A lot of people are refusing to accept that KS has the NS recruiting blueprint in full bloom in Athens. Rest assured he's already selling 2019 and 2020 kids on being part of next years number 1 class. Momentum matters, especially in recruiting. 

I think that UAT is going to have to start turning some of their negative recruiting on UGA. When they start fighting each other then we will be in even better shape.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

That's disgusting! At least Collin's mom stayed. She even said she'd support but still "Geaux Tigers." What kind of a parent walks on out their child like that when they're going to be getting a good FREE education to any one of the schools he decides to attend. SMDH. 

it really is....well, you see this more and more, terrible parents want it to be about them, even if they have not been around for the kid....if he was raised by a mentor family, he will rise above his breeding because that bar ain't very high, as the video shows

2 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

None.  "Parents" don't do that.  That behavior is in the realm of sperm donors and incubators

I agree 100%. And from a parent(s) who are looking for a payday from the efforts of their kids. 

anybody else have the suspicion that the Chase kid ,was sold out by his parents?.....night before, he was coming to AU, then changing and crying at the announcement?...just not sounding right...maybe gave in to stay close to home, but it just don't pass the smell test

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Little too much parental involvement.....unless she's been offered something she should want what he wants.

She probably was offered something nice. Contingent on him committing to bamr. 

Certainly a pathetic sight. To see a mother turn her back on her son on what should be a very happy day for him.

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

A lot of people are refusing to accept that KS has the NS recruiting blueprint in full bloom in Athens. Rest assured he's already selling 2019 and 2020 kids on being part of next years number 1 class. Momentum matters, especially in recruiting. 

I think what people are missing is that he may have been a much bigger part of said blueprint because his departure from West Alabama appears to have taken their mojo as well. Maybe Kirby wasn't just a cog in the machine... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

it really is....well, you see this more and more, terrible parents want it to be about them, even if they have not been around for the kid....if he was raised by a mentor family, he will rise above his breeding because that bar ain't very high, as the video shows

This situation is terrible, but no one really knows what the real story is here.  This kid has been a complete mess during the entire recruiting cycle, so much so that we literally stopped recruiting him.  Is it not possible that his mom knows that the kid needed to get away from home in order to grow up? Letting the kid "follow his heart" or whatever sounds nice, but in this case this kid's "heart" has had him committed to about half the schools in the southeast at one point or another, and at certain times it was at the same damn time.

I wish him luck, but this kid is going to need a LOT of work.

• Like 1

Anyone know what the composite rankings look like? From what I can tell, Auburn is ranked anywhere from 13 to 8. Looks like Rivals have AU ahead of UAT. ESPN has us 8 and Scout has us 13.

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

anybody else have the suspicion that the Chase kid ,was sold out by his parents?.....night before, he was coming to AU, then changing and crying at the announcement?...just not sounding right...maybe gave in to stay close to home, but it just don't pass the smell test

I keep waiting for one of these kids to NOT sign - tell their parents to stick it up their back side, wait a year and then sign - as an adult themselves - with whomever they want to.  The chase kid would be welcomed at any school in the country next year.  Heck, so fun a year gig with a juco, which I’m assuming doesn’t have the same parent signing issue, and then go to college of choice.

Just now, MDM4AU said:

Anyone know what the composite rankings look like? From what I can tell, Auburn is ranked anywhere from 13 to 8. Looks like Rivals have AU ahead of UAT. ESPN has us 8 and Scout has us 13.

ESPN 8

Scout 13

Rivals 11

• Thanks 1

Just now, auskip07 said:

i would want to get as far away from that mom as possible.  

And Gainesville is further from Pensacola than Tuscaloosa. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

According to him, it was just a really tough decision, because he liked different things about each school. He did say he decided on LSU because he knew it would make his family happy.

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

It's so sad man. She probably wouldn't even be interested in the kid if he wasn't so good at football. I just hope and pray he does get the type of support you mentioned and discovers a new way of life. 

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

This situation is terrible, but no one really knows what the real story is here.  This kid has been a complete mess during the entire recruiting cycle, so much so that we literally stopped recruiting him.  Is it not possible that his mom knows that the kid needed to get away from home in order to grow up? Letting the kid "follow his heart" or whatever sounds nice, but in this case this kid's "heart" has had him committed to about half the schools in the southeast at one point or another, and at certain times it was at the same damn time.

That doesn't excuse her getting up and leaving her son to sit there on national tv. If she was pissed at him she has a chance to do so once the cameras are cut. If he didn't sign the letter yet there still could have been an opportunity to talk to him. You just don't do that your child IMO. Zero reasons to do something like that. At the end of the day it's his choice. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

We know enough.  If you as his mother are not happy with his choice, that's a conversation you can have privately.  That's what grown ups who care about their children and realize it's not about them would do.  What you don't do is stand up and walk off - and cross directly in front of the camera - to scold/embarrass him on national television.  That's what a selfish a**hole does.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Guess whose not getting a new house when he makes it the nfl.   lol that would be the best payback

If that happens it maybe the second house she loses out on. The first occurring today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Guess whose not getting a new house when he makes it the nfl.   lol that would be the best payback

I told someone right after that you know if he makes it to the league, she'll be the first one expecting a new house and car from him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, metafour said:

Out of likes, but I always appreciate somebody at least pointing out that we don't know the story.

Now, if the kid's a mess, then maybe it's a case of him not falling far from the tree. But it's true that, even if there's not much defending her response, we might want to be careful questioning her motivations.