***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

2 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

Are you retarded? 

Did you really use that term with me??????? How old are you? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Pointless to sign one when we don't even use them, TBH.

"Pointless" to have hired Coach Lindsey when CGM wont even let him call the plays, nor even have his plays in the AU playbook. 

• Facepalm 1

After Signing Day Part 1 we were all quite happy, and we should have been. We’ve got some highly skilled ball players who can and will compete with the best in the SEC. Monday and Martin come to mind. Signing Day Part 2 had some bright spots as well, hanging on to Hill and Miller to name a couple. 

Great: Sixteen 4 Stars, head to head wins versus Bama for key instate kids, one of the nations top WR classes, two and maybe three stud safeties, and a QB with unlimited potential. Held off some worthy competitors for Hill, Miller, Swartz, M Harris, Newkirk, etc...

Not so Great: whiffed on a stud tackle (Anderson still in play), lost some key head to heads with rivals for T Smith and Q Walker.

We are going to be okay, but need a better close for positions of need next year. Here’s to hoping Bo Nix is the foundation to set the tone for a Top 5 class in 2019. 

War Eagle ? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I do keep a list of players that leave by attrition, have done it for years. My note beside Character is : "Kicked off team, 5-18-'17". I hardly think that's a mistake on our part. Gus usually gives second and sometimes third chances before a player gets the boot. Hope he's grown up a bit.

Whether he was kicked off or left was always in question. He and Antwan Jackson left simultaneously. He wanted to play for Muschamp/T-Rob and thought he had that worked out, but then they pulled his offer. None the less, he's the #1 Juco Safety now and headed to Petrino's home for wayward football players.

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

After Signing Day Part 1 we were all quite happy, and we should have been. We’ve got some highly skilled ball players who can and will compete with the best in the SEC. Monday and Martin come to mind. Signing Day Part 2 had some bright spots as well, hanging on to Hill and Miller to name a couple. 

Great: Sixteen 4 Stars, head to head wins versus Bama for key instate kids, one of the nations top WR classes, two and maybe three stud safeties, and a QB with unlimited potential. Held off some worthy competitors for Hill, Miller, Swartz, M Harris, Newkirk, etc...

Not so Great: whiffed on a stud tackle (Anderson still in play), lost some key head to heads with rivals for T Smith and Q Walker.

We are going to be okay, but need a better close for positions of need next year. Here’s to hoping Bo Nix is the foundation to set the tone for a Top 5 class in 2019. 

War Eagle ? 

JMO but we had a good December and anything after that was gravy......if we decide we need a tight end, we can make one......can't recall the last time I saw a real tight end in high school.       

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

JMO but we had a good December and anything after that was gravy......if we decide we need a tight end, we can make one......can't recall the last time I saw a real tight end in high school.       

Pat Dye had it right. He used to say he didn’t get all the ones they wanted, but wanted all the ones they got. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

I think.  Somewhere behind closed doors, Joiner is allready listed on the depth chart. as a tight end.

I think he has the potential to be the next Lutz, with the right coaching, which I know would make you happy.

4 hours ago, doverstutts said:

this class is better than #10, but thats okay......spend time and watch the videos, you'll be glad that you did....this is a good class of athletes....i really think that we signed the best rb in the country

I agree with you man. Guarantee not just the fans are paying attention to us getting trolled by recruits but our players see it too. They see all this talk about uga and uat and they're pumped to work hard this off-season as some already are. If you notice our recruits are pretty tight-knit already and I know they're talking amongst themselves..they hear everything and they're putting their heads down and going to work to prove that we're nothing to be messed with either.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Two of the top players in Alabama, next year are OTs. One has already committed to bama, but as we saw today, they are no longer invincible when it comes to stealing their commits.

Although I agree with your point P. Quick is all bammer.  His family is all bammer.  He would eat a mile of poop just to smell Saban fart.  

We need Kight and Webb.  and then expand after some top guys from there.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I think.  Somewhere behind closed doors, Joiner is allready listed on the depth chart. as a tight end.

You make it sound so....... dirty.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

"Pointless" to have hired Coach Lindsey when CGM wont even let him call the plays, nor even have his plays in the AU playbook. 

Not pointless at all. The WR screens you are seeing is a staple of CCL offense. There was no way Gus was going to let CCL revamp his entire philosophy. However, we do see much more passing than usual. I get it . You are upset because he didn’t recruit a TE. Get over it. They have found other ways to use release valves within this offense. No need to waste a scholarship on a traditional TE, who may be used once, maybe twice every 2-3 games.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Pat Dye had it right. He used to say he didn’t get all the ones they wanted, but wanted all the ones they got. 

I love this. 

Today seems so lackluster compared to previous years, BUT I love getting the guys early and need to channel how excited I was when each one announced. This class has potential to be special. I’m excited! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not pointless at all. The WR screens you are seeing is a staple of CCL offense. There was no way Gus was going to let CCL revamp his entire philosophy. However, we do see much more passing than usual. I get it . You are upset because he didn’t recruit a TE. Get over it. They have found other ways to use release valves within this offense. No need to waste a scholarship on a traditional TE, who may be used once, maybe twice every 2-3 games.

Especially when there are so few out there and HS's don't use them either so hard to tell what you have.   Best bet is to get a guy like Joiner for example and teach him the position if you want that to be part of the offense.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AU64 said:

Especially when there are so few out there and HS's don't use them either so hard to tell what you have.   Best bet is to get a guy like Joiner for example and teach him the position if you want that to be part of the offense.  

What's strange is Joiner and Shivers will probably both play out of the slot most of the time.  Speed sweeps and motions in the backfield for Shivers from an empty set and be used as a hot route pass catcher.  Joiner will probably motion into the backfield as a runner or a blocker, plus be utilized a pass catcher in the middle.  

That's how I envision them to be used.  Can you imagine the nightmare for the SS/OLB  responsible.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

What's strange is Joiner and Shivers will probably both play out of the slot most of the time.  Speed sweeps and motions in the backfield for Shivers from an empty set and be used as a hot route pass catcher.  Joiner will probably motion into the backfield as a runner or a blocker, plus be utilized a pass catcher in the middle.  

That's how I envision them to be used.  Can you imagine the nightmare for the SS/OLB  responsible.  

Those two can redefine Thunder and Lightning.  

As they say...:sounds like a plan to me"   :)

Now that Auburn has all the commits signatures, only thing left, for the ones that are not currently enrolled at Auburn, is to do the academic work necessary to be accepted and enrolled.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Now that Auburn has all the commits signatures, only thing left, for the ones that are not currently enrolled at Auburn, is to do the academic work necessary to be accepted and enrolled.

Only heard of one question mark.....hope that is all there is....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think there is an overwhelming desire to find a way to exploit the middle of the field in the passing game...

FlippantSingleBream.gif

Wouldn't have to be "traditional" TE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I think there is an overwhelming desire to find a way to exploit the middle of the field in the passing game...

FlippantSingleBream.gif

Wouldn't have to be "traditional" TE.

Yep we used a guy who weighs about 180 I think ......but more to come if Chip has confidence in JS to let him throw over the middle. 

44 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Although I agree with your point P. Quick is all bammer.  His family is all bammer.  He would eat a mile of poop just to smell Saban fart.

So were the Carlsons. ;)

Okay, Saban hates kickers.. but still! :P

Of course after we have run up the middle umpteen consecutive times. :-\