***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Can someone give me a quick update overall today for us? I’m in a sales meeting and only have a couple minutes I can use my phone here....

Everyone who had previously committed signed. Have not signed any targets, yet. Stay tuned. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

We blasted them the first game, and limped into the second minus the engine that had propelled our offense in KJ, after playing two of the best teams in the country in the preceeding three weeks. 

Yeah, we limped into the SECCG  but Gustav screwed the pooch.  KJ was clearly injured and everyone knew it.  There were little to no adjustments made on either side of the ball in the SECCG versus our game in JHS.

wde

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So we still wait.  

Updated still available is

Johnson

Ross

Chase

Langham

Fuqua

I think Chase goes to LSU, Langham to FL, and we get Johnson. No idea about Ross. We still want to sign an OT transfer so not sure about Fuqua - maybe to greyshirt?

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Yeah, we limped into the SECCG  but Gustav screwed the pooch.  KJ was clearly injured and everyone knew it.  There were little to no adjustments made on either side of the ball in the SECCG versus our game in JHS.

wde

Agreed.  But I find it hard to fault him that much when you take 2 of 3  convincingly from the two teams that play to OT for the natty and play one of the other four CFB participants to an 8-pt loss on the road. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We beat them by 3 tds the first time... Yes I know we lost to them later and that sucks but we can't forget that we demolished them earlier. 

... now back to recruiting. 

We lost when it really mattered...A championship.  Had we won the SECCG we would have been in the CFP.

wde

Is this the signing day thread or the whine about losing to UGA in the SECCG thread? Asking for a friend. 

Edited by WaynesAUworld
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

You’re right our coaches suck.  Back to recruiting 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Sounds like Quay Walker is flipping to UGA

Sounds like we're not remotely in it for him anymore right?

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Agreed.  But I find it hard to fault him that much when you take 2 of 3  convincingly from the two teams that play to OT for the natty and play one of the other four CFB participants to an 8-pt loss on the road. 

We just have to agree to disagree.  The SECCG, the Peach Bowl, the LSU game 2017, Clemson 2017, Clemson 2016, UGA regular season 2014, 2015, 2016 have soured me on Gus totally.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

We lost when it really mattered...A championship.  Had we won the SECCG we would have been in the CFP.

wde

If we didn't win the first game we would not have even been in the championship game. I think the first one mattered. 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You’re right our coaches suck.  Back to recruiting 

Who said they suck?  Please post where I said that.

wde

Just now, weathergeakal said:

We have a hat on the table.

I'm a firm believer of looking at the quality of the hats on the table. In previous years I've known when we were not getting picked if another school had a "flat bill" and ours looked like a $2 Walmart hat.

Just a random note lol

• Like 3

Just now, AUIH1 said:

wde

What does a game in December have to do with NSD.  Take it to PMs.  Some are trying to keep up with recruiting and work at the same time

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Not the thread to argue and be negative!

Just now, gr82b4au said:

If we didn't win the first game we would not have even been in the championship game. I think the first one mattered. 

You are right. We had to win game 1 and it was wonderful.  But 7-28 sucked ass and to get boat raced like that after game 1 was totally on coaching.

wde

Looking at the hats on the table it's hard to say. The Auburn hat isn't too nice but it seems to be on par with quality of the others...

Just now, corchjay said:

What does a game in December have to do with NSD.  Take it to PMs.  Some are trying to keep up with recruiting and work at the same time

So am I.  I can multi-task.

wde

Just now, weathergeakal said:

Posted one earlier that is now down. I'll post if i find one.

Thanks - I'm trying to search as well. :)