#8 Auburn vs Texas A&M

doverstutts

bad shot selection....did not need that 3.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Helps us if we want a 1 seed. I know St. John’s knocked off Duke, but this is still not a good loss for Nova should they drop it. 

But it BB this is not suppose to happen

Just now, augolf1716 said:

But it BB this is not suppose to happen

#basketballschool

Well....that hurt nova.....first conference win for SJ and lose a game at home....ugh.....hoping we can avoid that fate...

Just now, AU64 said:

Well....that hurt nova.....first conference win for SJ and lose a game at home....ugh.....hoping we can avoid that fate...

St. John’s are giant killers. 

if bruce could do it again, i think he would pressure them every single possession....we lost because we couldn't match up inside....very little can be done to overcome genetic inequality....hell of an effort though and had bryce not got injured, this was a win.....so, i think we will be fine

Guys played hard and never lost their poise...proud of the effort with best shooter on the bench the second half.

The perimeter shooting by TAMU in the first half is what killed us IMO. Now a lot of that had to do with the open looks for 3 they had while we were crashing down low for the Bigs. 

On 2/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, AUgrunt said:

Does anyone know why the  main game camera at AU Arena does not face our bench during the games? I'd like to watch Pearl more.

Dude I've been wondering this too. We have one of the handful of rockstar HCs, we need to feature him as much as possible. I get they want the student section on TV but what about moving the benches to that side?

It looks like A and M was at their best against us. Since our game, I see they have a player out with a knee injury for the balance of the season, a player kicked off the team and one who has been suspended indefinitely (the last two for being arrested Sunday on marijuana charges).  And all this after climbing back in to the top 25.

6 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

It looks like A and M was at their best against us. Since our game, I see they have a player out with a knee injury for the balance of the season, a player kicked off the team and one who has been suspended indefinitely (the last two for being arrested Sunday on marijuana charges).  And all this after climbing back in to the top 25.

Duane Wilson (injury) was basically their 6th man. The other two haven't contributed much. 

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Duane Wilson (injury) was basically their 6th man. The other two haven't contributed much. 

But with Wilson out, I believe Caldwell was the backup PG. They're down to 7 scholarship players and only 2 guards (Starks and Gilder). They're in bad shape right now. If they get Caldwell back, they'll at least have an 8-man rotation, but they're in pretty bad shape from a depth perspective right now.

Archived