Jacob Copeland's Mom

Turd Ferguson

I am guessing, by the looks of things, that dear mother thought she was about to be on the winning end of another "business decision", but Jacob thought otherwise.  I am no G8R H8R, but I hope this kid breaks records at UF.  

His own mother ruined his day on national tv.  Truly pathetic.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/watch-jacob-copelands-mom-walks-off-stage-commits-florida-alabama-tennessee/

Much respect to this kid! I’d heard that Auburn lost interest early because he was playing games. I can understand why he may be the way that he is after watching his mom act like that. But I’ll now be pulling for him since he had the courage to stand up to his parent(s) and follow his heart, unlike certain other recruits in the past (I.e. Cyrus Kouandjo, Rashan Evans, JaMarr Chase, etc)

13 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Much respect to this kid! I’d heard that Auburn lost interest early because he was playing games. I can understand why he may be the way that he is after watching his mom act like that. But I’ll now be pulling for him since he had the courage to stand up to his parent(s) and follow his heart, unlike certain other recruits in the past (I.e. Cyrus Kouandjo, Rashan Evans, JaMarr Chase, etc)

Reuben Foster, TJ Yeldon, Henry Ruggs, Markail Benton...the list is a mile long of last second "business decisions".

18 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I guess she’ll have to give the money back now 

At least the shirt...

1 hour ago, Turd Ferguson said:

I will bet she was under a lot of heat to get back in there with her boy.  

As she absolutely should have been. I’m not opposed to public shaming to get someone to do the right thing. 

I would love to know what she was whispering in his ear.  I'll bet it wasn't I love you and will respect your decision.  I am assuming that Nick will be taking back that Mercedes. 

4 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

and the ESPN guys went right after it, asking him who that was that just walked out...why'd she walk out?  what's the deal?  who was that?

Whoever that reporter was asking that question on live tv ought to be ashamed....and fired

7 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Reuben Foster, TJ Yeldon, Henry Ruggs, Markail Benton...the list is a mile long of last second "business decisions".

Did those guys make bad decisions?  

Did Rashean Evans and C Kounjo make bad decisions?

Just now, keesler said:

Did those guys make bad decisions?  

Did Rashean Evans and C Kounjo make bad decisions?

Did he say they were "bad" decisions?  I think he said business decisions.  And I don't think he was implying that they were merely looking at their best chance to make the pros.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Did he say they were "bad" decisions?  I think he said business decisions.  And I don't think he was implying that they were merely looking at their best chance to make the pros.

My bad, I read it wrong.  IMHO I think they all made really good business decisions, they were well developed and coached to a level where they became professionals.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

My bad, I read it wrong.  IMHO I think they all made really good business decisions, they were well developed and coached to a level where they became professionals.

And there were the extra benefits.

From my understanding he does not live with his mom. He has a guardian he stays with. SO Copeland got to do what he wanted to do but Jamarr Chase did not get to do what he wanted. What did he want? Go to Auburn. So of course it did not happen. 

It looks like a ton of programs stepped up their “benefit” packages this year.  Texas, Clemson, USC, definitely UGA, PennState.....  

I’d love to know what UGA had to dish out to catch those 7 (seven) 5*’s?  

Then we have one of the biggest cheaters in recruiting, Ed Oregeron at LSU who barely pulled a class inside the top 15, WTH happened to Ed?

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

It looks like a ton of programs stepped up their “benefit” packages this year.  Texas, Clemson, USC, definitely UGA, PennState.....  

Then we have one of the biggest cheaters in recruiting, Ed Oregeron at LSU who barely pulled a class inside the top 15, WTH happened to Ed?

I think coach O is a great recruiter when he is the DL coach but is exposed when he is the head coach. Also as saban found out this year. The name on the polo shirts matter but you still got to be surrounded by great recruiters. Saban has lost kirby, lane, cristobal, bo davis, billy napier, pruitt and derrick Ansley lately and did not exactly replace these guys with great recruiters. It finally caught up with him. You saw the difference it made. From getting a number 1 class every year to now being outside the top 5. He got lazy with his staff hires and thought he could trot anyone out there and it would not matter. That is the way I at least saw it. Texas always recruited great even under strong who had bad seasons but herman looks like another dabo at least on the trail. Full of energy and life. Players coach. Kids really seem to love him and take to him. Not suprised he recruited great. Franklin is in the same mold as well plus they are coming off a rose bowl loss last year and a fiesta bowl win this year. They are rolling. 

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

As far as LSU goes. Who exactly is a great recruiter on their staff besides Corey Raymond? Dave Aranda? He does not scream recruiter at all. Ensminger? lol no. They lost Jeff Grimes to byu who was one of their best.

New Story now is the mother wanted J anywhere but Florida because of gang affiliation. Probaly explains wearing both UT and Bama apparel. 

20 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

So bamr loses Copeland, Walker and Ross today.

And Bobby Brown. Plus Vernon Jackson the day before.  Both Brown and Jackson jumped ship for Fisher, which may very well be an intentional shot across the bow.

17 hours ago, around4ever said:

I would love to know what she was whispering in his ear.  I'll bet it wasn't I love you and will respect your decision.  I am assuming that Nick will be taking back that Mercedes. 

I keep seeing Mercedes thrown around. When did bama upgrade from Dodge to Mercedes?

Archived