Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Let's Grade the 2018 Recruiting Class

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

UGA has owned us since 2006.  We have been outscored 394 to 245 over that span.  Yeah 3-13 is playing just fine against your rivals.

0 November 11, 2006 Auburn, AL Georgia 37–15
111 November 10, 2007 Athens, GA #10 Georgia 45–20
112 November 15, 2008 Auburn, AL #13 Georgia 17–13
113 November 14, 2009 Athens, GA Georgia 31–24
114 November 13, 2010 Auburn, AL #2 Auburn 49–31
115 November 12, 2011 Athens, GA #14 Georgia 45–7
116 November 10, 2012 Auburn, AL #5 Georgia 38–0
117 November 16, 2013 Auburn, AL #7 Auburn 43–38
118 November 15, 2014 Athens, GA #16 Georgia 34–7
119 November 14, 2015 Auburn, AL Georgia 20–13
120 November 12, 2016 Athens, GA Georgia 13–7
121 November 11, 2017 Auburn, AL #10 Auburn 40–17
122 December 2, 2017 Atlanta, GAA #6 Georgia 28–7

History didn't start in 2006. They've basically been out-recruiting us for over 100 years and the series is all but even.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Worm's mom posted on here that he was really at 185 a couple of months ago, and that he has a family history of muscular men, so it wouldn't be surprising if he played at 5'5-5'6 and 200-210 lbs. I think he's the steal of this class, and I think he'll be a much more rounded back than OMac was. He can run between the tackles, hiding behind blockers and absorbing impact while slipping through the cracks in the defense. I find myself comparing him to Barry Sanders...I don't know that he'll live up to that heavy a billing, but he reminds me of The Sandman.

All of that to say that I wouldn't put him down as a specialist just yet. Kid is special.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 3:47 PM, NorthGATiger said:

UGA has owned us since 2006.  We have been outscored 394 to 245 over that span.  Yeah 3-13 is playing just fine against your rivals.

0 November 11, 2006 Auburn, AL Georgia 37–15
111 November 10, 2007 Athens, GA #10 Georgia 45–20
112 November 15, 2008 Auburn, AL #13 Georgia 17–13
113 November 14, 2009 Athens, GA Georgia 31–24
114 November 13, 2010 Auburn, AL #2 Auburn 49–31
115 November 12, 2011 Athens, GA #14 Georgia 45–7
116 November 10, 2012 Auburn, AL #5 Georgia 38–0
117 November 16, 2013 Auburn, AL #7 Auburn 43–38
118 November 15, 2014 Athens, GA #16 Georgia 34–7
119 November 14, 2015 Auburn, AL Georgia 20–13
120 November 12, 2016 Athens, GA Georgia 13–7
121 November 11, 2017 Auburn, AL #10 Auburn 40–17
122 December 2, 2017 Atlanta, GAA #6 Georgia 28–7

3-10, not 3-13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 4:00 PM, aujeff11 said:

Both of our championship appearances have proven to be nothing more than flash in the pan seasons with no long term sustainability. We are doing “fine” when we are beating our rivals and achieving our team goals. As for your homework for tonight, look up Gus’s record on the road against UGA, Bama, and LSU and tell me how we have done “fine.”

No, both of our championship appearances have come with a senior-laden offensive line and a ton of experienced players who had been through a couple of bad seasons before the championship run. For comparison's sake, it took Nick Saban five years at Michigan State, his first Power 5 head coaching job, before he won more than 7 games. Gus has already won 10 twice in his first five seasons at Auburn. Just give it some time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

No, both of our championship appearances have come with a senior-laden offensive line and a ton of experienced players who had been through a couple of bad seasons before the championship run.

I don’t necessarily agree with this but I wasn’t even arguing against this. Was there long term success or were they lightning in the bottle seasons? We fired our national championship coach two years after our championship! Don’t say “No,” and then go on a tangent that is irrelevant to what I said. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I would like to mention everyone keeps throwing down be cause we were outside the top ten recruiting class. Off and on Wednesday we were in the top ten. We finished just outside by a few decimal points. #10 ND actually signed 27 players. It’s not like this is not a class to be proud of. While we didn’t have any really high rated 5 stars we actually signed something like 17 4 star guys. Across the board we got a lot of good players. Just saying.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what your saying about adding Woodson has opened the door to Mississippi, but besides Nakobe Dean, what other studs are we looking at in MS? From the looks of it GA, FL, and TX has got more of the studs this 2019 year.. we need to open more pipelines into the state of GA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aufootball1 said:

I like what your saying about adding Woodson has opened the door to Mississippi, but besides Nakobe Dean, what other studs are we looking at in MS? From the looks of it GA, FL, and TX has got more of the studs this 2019 year.. we need to open more pipelines into the state of GA. 

Nathan Pickering 4 star DE( got a thread about him, was pretty impressed at his visit, looking good there), 4 star Dannis "Action" Jackson (same). We HAVE to get one of those 5 star lb's and Nakobe was psyched about AU. We are in position to get a stud or two though it's super early. I feel that once one commits the other will most likely follow.

Edited by WFE12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Nathan Pickering 4 star DE( got a thread about him, was pretty impressed at his visit, looking good there), 4 star Dannis "Action" Jackson (same). We HAVE to get one of those 5 star lb's and Nakobe was psyched about AU. We are in position to get a stud or two though it's super early. I feel that once one commits the other will most likely follow.

#sip19maul is AU name for Mississippi recruiting with 19maul standing for AU recruiting and the sip being short for Mississippi 2019 recruit’s # I think I have that right?

I think the Pickering kid is the leader of the group! Hope if one comes the others will follow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toddc said:

#sip19maul is AU name for Mississippi recruiting with 19maul standing for AU recruiting and the sip being short for Mississippi 2019 recruit’s # I think I have that right?

I think the Pickering kid is the leader of the group! Hope if one comes the others will follow!

Yeah I saw in that sec country article. We stand to stake a claim in Mississippi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 6:19 AM, aujeff11 said:

I don’t necessarily agree with this but I wasn’t even arguing against this. Was there long term success or were they lightning in the bottle seasons? We fired our national championship coach two years after our championship! Don’t say “No,” and then go on a tangent that is irrelevant to what I said. 

 

It's not lightening in a bottle when it's a building effort that repeats itself, even if the repetitions aren't one after the other. And yes we fired the head coach of the national championship, but then we hired the REAL national championship coach as our new head coach. Were you watching in 2012? The players were laying down. Why? Because they all knew that what had made things work the previous two seasons was Gus Malzahn's offense.

That's why I don't feel too bad about making that analysis I did in my previous comment. I'll even go you one further: last season, the other 10 win season in Malzahn's time at Auburn, also had a senior laden offensive line and a ton of experience elsewhere. Hopefully, Gus is learning how to not have a mediocre season when he doesn't have an experienced offensive line to pave the way for the running backs and protect the quarterback, but thus far that has been as sure an indicator of how the season would go as anything else.

Also, it's not irrelevant to what you said. It's an alternative theory about what happened. I'm sorry you missed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rednilla said:

It's not lightening in a bottle when it's a building effort that repeats itself, even if the repetitions aren't one after the other. And yes we fired the head coach of the national championship, but then we hired the REAL national championship coach as our new head coach. Were you watching in 2012? The players were laying down. Why? Because they all knew that what had made things work the previous two seasons was Gus Malzahn's offense.

That's why I don't feel too bad about making that analysis I did in my previous comment. I'll even go you one further: last season, the other 10 win season in Malzahn's time at Auburn, also had a senior laden offensive line and a ton of experience elsewhere. Hopefully, Gus is learning how to not have a mediocre season when he doesn't have an experienced offensive line to pave the way for the running backs and protect the quarterback, but thus far that has been as sure an indicator of how the season would go as anything else.

Also, it's not irrelevant to what you said. It's an alternative theory about what happened. I'm sorry you missed that.

Good grief

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this