2019 5* OT Devontae Dobbs (Mich St.)

Zeek

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yabba Dabba DOBBS will do. Pulling a kid from the state of Michigan, would be sick!! With tOSU, PennSt, Mich and others in the B10, especially for lineman. 

Exclusive: Five Star OT Devontae Dobbs Enjoying The Process This Spring
http://wareaglesportsradio.com/episode/32274/sec-recruiting-buzz-w-keith-and-kipp-exclusive-five-star-ot-devontae-dobbs-enjoying-the-process-this-spring/

Says he fell in love with the program as a freshman and even with Hand gone he is building a relationship with Grimes and things are going in a positive direction.

42 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Exclusive: Five Star OT Devontae Dobbs Enjoying The Process This Spring
http://wareaglesportsradio.com/episode/32274/sec-recruiting-buzz-w-keith-and-kipp-exclusive-five-star-ot-devontae-dobbs-enjoying-the-process-this-spring/

Says he fell in love with the program as a freshman and even with Hand gone he is building a relationship with Grimes and things are going in a positive direction.

That's awesome. Had no idea we were in a good position with him.

Come on down Mr. Dobbs!

dobby.gif

I would think it would be an easy decision if you want early playing time and a coach that can coach you up and get you to the pros. I just feel like Grimes is that guy. I hope that auburn starts recruiting lights out for the offensive line. 

Bring him in for Big Cat, let Nix and Pappoe loose on him, rock his world so he commits on the spot and starts the O-Line recruiting train rollin' and then he can focus on the 2018 season and moving up to the #1 OT spot.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Bring him in for Big Cat, let Nix and Pappoe loose on him, rock his world so he commits on the spot and starts the O-Line recruiting train rollin' and then he can focus on the 2018 season and moving up to the #1 OT spot.

I like the way you think..

4 hours ago, shabby said:

I would think it would be an easy decision if you want early playing time and a coach that can coach you up and get you to the pros. I just feel like Grimes is that guy. I hope that auburn starts recruiting lights out for the offensive line. 

would be an awesome get! Has a chance to play in warmer weather come mid October till the rest of the season. After a winter like we had, I would think the balmy climate of the Plains would be enough to entice him to come and play in the best conference in the world. Grimes will coach him up the right way. If we land him, maybe JB will be given a bit more respect as a recruiter.

4 hours ago, shabby said:

Thought the same with Wanya...

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Thought the same with Wanya...

Agreed, but he has some odd desire to rebuild something that's been a project for 10+ years.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, but he has some odd desire to rebuild something that's been a project for 10+ years.

It would be awesome to get him here. Him, Bo, George, and Noah all NEED to be together at the same time. Noah already got into the idea of playing with Bo and that this class can be top 5 in the nation if things go in our favor...So far so good. Long way from home but AU offers so much more than some of those schools he's looking at.

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

It would be awesome to get him here. Him, Bo, George, and Noah all NEED to be together at the same time. Noah already got into the idea of playing with Bo and that this class can be top 5 in the nation if things go in our favor...So far so good. Long way from home but AU offers so much more than some of those schools he's looking at.

Wanya on one end with Dobbs on the other and Clark holding down the middle. It would be cool.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Wanya on one end with Dobbs on the other and Clark holding down the middle. It would be cool.

Young love dies hard, I see. Just kidding, but I'm pretty sure the Wanya train has left the Auburn station.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

I am a little surprised at 6'4" and 274 pounds he is rated this high.  I realize once he gets to college you can put some meat on him but usually the scouts want taller guys at OT because of their reach. Does he have long arms for his size.  His film was OK but not great. In the one on ones I understand the D has an advantage but he got run over on a couple of bull rushes which should not happen in one on one.  I still like this kid and hope we get him but I don't think he would be ready for SEC caliber play for at least two years needs to gain mass, strength, and muscle. Would have loved to see him in more of a run blocking scenario so I could see if he is a nasty bulldozer type.

He's a 5* and if he were to sign with bama he would eventually be a first round draft choice.......write it down....

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Young love dies hard, I see. Just kidding, but I'm pretty sure the Wanya train has left the Auburn station.

Disagree, Wanya was close to coming to Au. He is going to have two of his teammates in his ear all year and I think Tennessee is going to lose a lot of games with their schedule. Getting both Wanya and Dobbs would be huge!

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

A man can dream :wedance:

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

He's a 5* and if he were to sign with bama he would eventually be a first round draft choice.......write it down....

Thanks for the clarification you seem to know more about this young man than I do.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thanks for the clarification you seem to know more about this young man than I do.

Actually I know nothing about him.....but I've seen pretty well first hand what happens with bama's 5* recruits.....?

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Actually I know nothing about him.....but I've seen pretty well first hand what happens with bama's 5* recruits.....?

Yea... their 5* QBs end up as back-ups at other schools :)

On 5/4/2018 at 7:19 AM, Mikey said:

I’m not so sure.  He’ll have 2 good friends and teammates in his ear all year.  If our OL significantly out-performs UT OL, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a WM flipparoo.   Wouldn’t you Wanya see that happen? Lol!

I really hope we get Dobbs or Wanya, or both!  (Or another elite OT if one pops up on our radar)  We really need an elite OT or 2 in this cycle.  (The problem is, so does everyone else every cycle) 

7 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I’m not so sure.  He’ll have 2 good friends and teammates in his ear all year.  If our OL significantly out-performs UT OL, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a WM flipparoo.   Wouldn’t you Wanya see that happen? Lol!

I really hope we get Dobbs or Wanya, or both!  (Or another elite OT if one pops up on our radar)  We really need an elite OT or 2 in this cycle.  (The problem is, so does everyone else every cycle) 

The odds of a flip are 1 in 10. That's the way it is across the board in recruiting. But keep hoping if ya' wanya.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

If our OL significantly out-performs UT OL

then Morris will be even more certain that his most direct path to playing time is through Knoxville.

Nothing is easier for a first-year coach than to spin under-performing players into a recruiting pitch. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

then Morris will be even more certain that his most direct path to playing time is through Knoxville.

Nothing is easier for a first-year coach than to spin under-performing players into a recruiting pitch.

Yup. Pruitt has job security for 3 years minimum likely. Given his recruiting ability, that alone will make it tough to flip any Vol commits for this 1st class regardless of year 1 on field performance.

Archived