2019 5* OT Devontae Dobbs (Mich St.)

Zeek

Yyyyeeeeessssss!!!!!!!!

“The tackle from Belleville, Mich., confirmed to SEC Country on Thursday that he has an upcoming official visit set to Auburn. Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports was the first to report this news. Dobbs will take his Auburn official visit on June 8, a few days after Big Cat Weekend, so the likelihood of Tigers buzz leading up to his trip is high.

This will be the third known trip that Dobbs has taken to the Plains. That’s a substantial amount for a prospect from Michigan.”

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are going to start landing some of the big bad linemen out there!

It seems like the staff is reaching out nationwide . Michigan , California etc... the staff is really doing a great job this year. We tend to stay local , but it seems this year we are nearly in Canada. Maybe the prospects are nationwide vs just Georgia Florida AL. I love it 

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It seems like the staff is reaching out nationwide . Michigan , California etc... the staff is really doing a great job this year. We tend to stay local , but it seems this year we are nearly in Canada. Maybe the prospects are nationwide vs just Georgia Florida AL. I love it 

FWIW per Keith the staff is making a concerted effort to extend the brand. That's why T-Will was in Cali this week.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW per Keith the staff is making a concerted effort to extend the brand. That's why T-Will was in Cali this week.

T-Will in Cali seems like he would fit right in...he's just too cool for kids to not come to our school B)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 7:33 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

Yyyyeeeeessssss!!!!!!!!

“The tackle from Belleville, Mich., confirmed to SEC Country on Thursday that he has an upcoming official visit set to Auburn. Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports was the first to report this news. Dobbs will take his Auburn official visit on June 8, a few days after Big Cat Weekend, so the likelihood of Tigers buzz leading up to his trip is high.

This will be the third known trip that Dobbs has taken to the Plains. That’s a substantial amount for a prospect from Michigan.”

So did this happen???

46 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So did this happen???

Next weekend. Big visit weekend for AU.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be a hard pull but this guy along with Jason Osborne could be the ones that changes OT recruiting for 2019 class. I have my fingers crossed for both but I realize it will be a hard pull.

39 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We gon get Dobbs, mark it down

Think it would take all our recruiters working together to pull that off.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Think it would take all our recruiters working together to pull that off.

Please tell me Grampa Grimesy isn't loafing on this guy. I really don't want to give up on my dreams yet.

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Please tell me Grampa Grimesy isn't loafing on this guy. I really don't want to give up on my dreams yet.

Don't know DD says he likes him a lot but one would think T-Will or Porter would have to be the ones to win this one for us.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't know DD says he likes him a lot but one would think T-Will or Porter would have to be the ones to win this one for us.

10-4, thanks. 

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So, what you are saying is if he decides to pick Auburn it's to T-Will's or Porter's credit, but if he doesn't it's Grimes's fault? There's a little something wonky about that.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, what you are saying is if he decides to pick Auburn it's to T-Will's or Porter's credit, but if he doesn't it's Grimes's fault? There's a little something wonky about that.

I don't see where he said it would be Grimes' fault if we don't get Dobbs, just that it probably would be TWill or Porter's doing if we do get him.

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, what you are saying is if he decides to pick Auburn it's to T-Will's or Porter's credit, but if he doesn't it's Grimes's fault?

No Mr. Takes Things Way Out Of Context. What I'm saying is for us to win T-Will & or Porter are going to have to sell the hell out of JB because JB is not a great recruiter. If we lose then we were going to lose anyway & it's nobody's fault. I'm not going to Blame JB for losing battles to kids he has only gotten a few months to know.

17 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

I don't see where he said it would be Grimes' fault if we don't get Dobbs, just that it probably would be TWill or Porter's doing if we do get him.

No Biggie This is just virtual Mikey lately...

G0iV.gif

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

s-l300.jpg

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

wonky or wacky?????

Unless this kid was blown away this weekend then I doubt we get him no matter who is recruiting him.  

Now things could change later in the cycle but for now I’d say it’s a real long shot.

Archived