2019 4* RB Derrian Brown

Zeek

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

That would be nice.  Buford is to me one of the hardest schools to gauge talent at.  They have talent no doubt.  Sometimes it is hard to tell if it is due to the surrounding talent on the team.  But you are not playing there if you can't play football.

At RB some kids just jump off the screen as studs when you watch them.  It isn't the 80 yard TD's where they just had a huge hole and out ran everyone.  It is when they leave kids grabbing for air or getting ran over when they run that 80 yard TD.

I can back that up lived in Buford for 10 years think they won St. Championship 5 or 6 times but the players which sign football schollys have not done much at the college level

Jessel Curry and Neal Brown for AU

11 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

We seem to have done this in 2016 and 2017 as well.

I'm thinking we did OK in '17, with Shivers and Asa Martin. Maybe not ranked all that high but to me they should be what we're looking for.

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm thinking we did OK in '17, with Shivers and Asa Martin. Maybe not ranked all that high but to me they should be what we're looking for.

You are a year off.  Asa and Shivers are 2018.  I'm talking about 2016 Malik Miller and Kam Martin.  2017 Barrett and Whitlow.  I'm liking Asa and Shivers.  I just think we need an Asa or bigger back every year.

17 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I just think we need an Asa or bigger back every year.

I don'r worry about the size as much as having the body to take the hits & the vision plus mentality to be very good between the tackles. For example, as thick as he is I think Worm can do some serious work between the tackles, especially since he only needs a small crease to get to the next level..

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don'r worry about the size as much as having the body to take the hits & the vision plus mentality to be very good between the tackles. For example, as thick as he is I think Worm can do some serious work between the tackles, especially since he only needs a small crease to get to the next level..

Football has many dynamic properties, heart, coachability, intelligence and one that any engineer can understand,  F=MA , which is why I didn't play college football...lol.

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Need a couple of big RB's and now as many Kam Martin sized backs. Gus wants/needs the RB to protect the QB. Huge reason Kam didn't get many snaps last year.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Need a couple of big RB's and now as many Kam Martin sized backs. Gus wants/needs the RB to protect the QB. Huge reason Kam didn't get many snaps last year.

I think Chip prefers a more athletic and receiver type back then Gus does.  So maybe the speeder/smaller backs are Chips idea.  Chip wants to incorporate a passing attack involving the running backs heavily.  Running backs and Flex TEs.  

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I think Chip prefers a more athletic and receiver type back then Gus does.  So maybe the speeder/smaller backs are Chips idea.  Chip wants to incorporate a passing attack involving the running backs heavily.  Running backs and Flex TEs.  

This will evolve the O faster than anything else

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This will evolve the O faster than anything else

...If Gus lets it.

58 minutes ago, corchjay said:

He also seems to like the Joiner/Edwards/(Ballage) guys, but that might be what you mean by flex TEs. That seems to be Joiner's destination, and maybe that's where they want Edwards, too. Ballage primarily lined up in the backfield, I believe, but he had 44 catches to 126 carries in 2016. 

TL;DR- What Corch said. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He also seems to like the Joiner/Edwards/(Ballage) guys, but that might be what you mean by flex TEs. That seems to be Joiner's destination, and maybe that's where they want Edwards, too. Ballage primarily lined up in the backfield, I believe, but he had 44 catches to 126 carries in 2016. 

TL;DR- What Corch said. 

Look up "joker Tight end".  

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Look up "joker Tight end".  

YOU look up joker tight end. You're not the boss of me.

(Would looooove to see us shift from an HBack to this if we actually use him. Gus seems to remember who Charles Clay is, so that's a good sign.)

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

joker tight end

Did anyone else read this and think it was some Demented joke the Joker played on Batman?

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

2019 is going to be exciting in that aspect when Deal and Fromm get here.

15 hours ago, WFE12 said:

2019 is going to be exciting in that aspect when Deal and Fromm get here.

Well Deal is taken as a blocking TE & Fromm is the Receiving TE. I don't believe anything will be exciting TE wise given the Receiving TEs we have had in Gus' tenure that haven't been utilized well. At best I'm cautiously optimistic.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Well Deal is taken as a blocking TE & Fromm is the Receiving TE. I don't believe anything will be exciting TE wise given the Receiving TEs we have had in Gus' tenure that haven't been utilized well. At best I'm cautiously optimistic.

if I had to make a bet........

Archived