2018-19 Leading Rusher

Zeek

2018-19 Leading Rusher Will Be...  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our leading rusher next season?

• Kam Martin
    • Malik Miller
    • Devan Barrett
    • Asa Martin
    • Jatarvious Whitlow
    • Other

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, corchjay said:

K-Mart only because of early season trust in him.  I think Whitlow and Barrett start taking over after the first half of the season.  

Early season trust? Coaches wouldn’t even play him when our RB was injured. Check the gif below and you’ll see the same reason why the coaches wouldn’t play Martin against Clemson. 

***When Felipe, a random Spanish/ Hispanic guy, is talking about numero 9, you know this gif won’t end very well.” 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Early season trust? Coaches wouldn’t even play him when our RB was injured. Check the gif below and you’ll see the same reason why the coaches wouldn’t play Martin against Clemson. 

***When Felipe, a random Spanish/ Hispanic guy, is talking about numero 9, you know this gif won’t end very well.” 

Same result as Golson and Horton and Cox was lost.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Those three are starters that’s already shown they had Gus’s trust to play in big games.Being confused about which defender to block is much different than knowing which defender to block and still getting blown up

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't speak Spanish but looking up the words I gather he said something to the effect that number 9 was asleep and that either him or Stidham wanted to disappear from the face of the Earth. Maybe CBS can get this guy to call our games next year. :)

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I don't speak Spanish but looking up the words I gather he said something to the effect that number 9 was asleep and that either him or Stidham wanted to disappear from the face of the Earth. Maybe CBS can get this guy to call our games next year. :)

Judging by the google Spanish to English translation, he has too much bammer in him:

“bring a sleeping bag pro number 9”

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Right? I am pretty sure Cox was suppose to chip that guy or we expecting our 170 pound soaking wet purpose back to come across and block edge rushers. Not going to happen.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

we expecting our 170 pound soaking wet purpose back to come across and block edge rushers. Not going to happen

That’s why people are saying he won’t be our every down back 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He shouldn’t be. We have several types of running backs, with several different skil sets and should be utilized as such. 

35 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Every down? No. However, IMO, he should easily have as many as OMac did in his career. KMart was the only back we had that was a home run threat last year. To me, they are very similar.

OMac

Yr   Att.  Yds.  Avg

'09  105 565    5.4

'10.  95 810     8.5

'11   112 641    5.7

'12  94 570     6.1

KMart

Yr.  Att.  Yds.  Avg

'16.  44   320   7.3

'17  74   453    6.1

I actually expect the offense to go more quick pass game this year.  Lots of passes to the backs as well.  KMart will probably get around 12-15 touches.  10 rushes 2-5 receptions.  Probably a 100 yard contributor per game.  Then you'll have the fight with whoever works their way to the top as the #2 and #3.  I expect those to be Barrett and Whitlow.  Get them rocking for about 8-10 carries each and couple receptions each and around 100-150 yards and you're still getting your 200+ production from your backs.  Increase passing from 25-30 attempts to 30-35 attempts and hopefully increase production from 250 per game to 300 and you're still right around where you want to be 450-500 yards of offense.  

I agree with @bigbird we need some chunk plays in the run game.  The work horse style play is good when we only go for homerun balls in the pass game but if we want a true controlled pass attack we need explosive plays from the run game as well.  Something we missed last year as good as the offense was.  Pettway had a way of making big runs but KJ never seemed to develop that in his game.  Slow lateral movement but was very good when he stuck his foot in the ground to get up field.  

Archived