auburnphan

Auburn Invite Game Threads

Recommended Posts

With you there. One thing about it, hitting can get better through the season. I think I saw that Carosne was now a volunteer hitting coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Well it can be a lot of pressure

This Canadian curler is pretty easy on the eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened off and on and just wondering.....this roster was recruited by Clint to play his style of ball.....so question for those who know.   With Dean taking over, is this roster good for his style of play?   or were the opponents better than their name would suggest?    Hitting was rather anemic in both games and not that many strike outs either during the time I was listening.

Too early to draw conclusions obviously but at least a couple regular posters to softball know the game and might have some thoughts on the matter :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Listened off and on and just wondering.....this roster was recruited by Clint to play his style of ball.....so question for those who know.   With Dean taking over, is this roster good for his style of play?   or were the opponents better than their name would suggest?    Hitting was rather anemic in both games and not that many strike outs either during the time I was listening.

Too early to draw conclusions obviously but at least a couple regular posters to softball know the game and might have some thoughts on the matter :dunno:

Carlson had the most strike outs she has ever had in a game.  Bunch of hard hit balls, just at people, wind was blowing in.  Martin will be interesting to watch as she may be struggling with the adjustments, but with as much as these girls play she should be fine.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it’s just shaking the rust off.bama put only one run on south Alabama and LSU put 3 on uic. On the other hand Georgia put 23 on San Diego state?....getting beat by Oregon now 7-1

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RMillander said:

I think its pretty much impossible not to love a sport you can play actively while drinking. 

That's why we love golf so much. ? ? ?

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Maybe it’s just shaking the rust off.bama put only one run on south Alabama and LSU put 3 on uic. On the other hand Georgia put 23 on San Diego state?....getting beat by Oregon now 7-1

I thought maybe WSU had an ace pitcher.  Nope.  The girl who pitched for them (Bailey Lange) transferred in from Northern Iowa, where she was more of a hitter than a pitcher.  She appeared in 25 games, had a record of 5-9, threw 83 innings with an ERA of 3.80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a piece in al.com that Clint M was at the game.....lots of negative commentary followed.    He declined to talk with Crapa....not surprised about that....and not surprised that he still lives in Auburn..

Just curious what the feeling here is .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked at the players for Tennessee Tech., our next opponent.  They have 3 pitchers on the roster.  Waldon (Sr) with 2017 ERA 5.02, Thomas (Jr) with 2017 ERA 4.78 and Hughs (So) and listed as 1B/P and 2017 ERA 3.00.  Their team record last year was 16-30.  Maybe we can get the bats going and gain some confidence at the plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Saw a piece in al.com that Clint M was at the game.....lots of negative commentary followed.    He declined to talk with Crapa....not surprised about that....and not surprised that he still lives in Auburn..

Just curious what the feeling here is .

Have a lot of respect for what Coach Myers did to establish Auburn Softball. I believe many prior and current players maintain a fondness and respect for him.   Even though he has every right to attend the game, I felt his presence was a distraction.  I thought Coach Dean's comment was a bit of a "cold shoulder" and he wants this to be his program.  Not easy to follow a legend.  Also the newspaper likes this type of drama.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Have a lot of respect for what Coach Myers did to establish Auburn Softball. I believe many prior and current players maintain a fondness and respect for him.   Even though he has every right to attend the game, I felt his presence was a distraction.  I thought Coach Dean's comment was a bit of a "cold shoulder" and he wants this to be his program.  Not easy to follow a legend.  Also the newspaper likes this type of drama.

Nailed it.  I watched a little of LSU and U of Ill. Chicago last night.  Hoover dominated, but LSU got their first hit on a bunt single in the 5th.  Ended up scoring 3 to win 3-0.

Edited by saminbama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks...I don't know how I feel about it.   

I understand that Clint has an interest having recruited most of the players...but odds of him attending a game without some response from fans were not good. .....but also not sure he should be blackballed either. 

Might have been awkward for Dean but won't be the last awkward question from some AU beat writer.   I'm guessing that Clint has not commented about the team or anything that could be considered as second guessing. On the other hand, Clint delivered a great facility and a nice roster of players to Dean .....and puts him immediately in a position to compete for national ranking.  If Clint keeps his mouth shut, Dean might just want to go on about his business. 

Edited by AU64
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone watched the game, I take it we left a lot on base. 10 hits but only 3 runs. At least they were hitting today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hits according to Gametracker. Scored 3 in the 5th. Crocker and TaySnow both went 3 for 4. None of the 4-5-6 players (Veach, Rivera, TanSnow) have a hit yet this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Maybe it’s just shaking the rust off.bama put only one run on south Alabama and LSU put 3 on uic. On the other hand Georgia put 23 on San Diego state?....getting beat by Oregon now 7-1

Not defending Bama, but South Alabama is a solid team. Their ace was Top 5 in strikeouts last season and could've been higher but she missed a week with an illness. I believe she was 2nd the year before that. Only behind osorio. 

Always takes a few games for most offenses to get going. That's why pitching and great defense is so important in softball. 

Edited by AuburnTiger4Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Saw a piece in al.com that Clint M was at the game.....lots of negative commentary followed.    He declined to talk with Crapa....not surprised about that....and not surprised that he still lives in Auburn..

Just curious what the feeling here is .

Clint retired, he wasn't fired and he did nothing wrong himself. As noted above, Clint lifted our program to previously un-dreamed of heights. If he wants to sit there, watch the game and sign autographs or whatever, I welcome him. He shouldn't and in all likelihood won't make any unseemly comments. Writers are always trying to stir up crap, to hell with them.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Clint retired, he wasn't fired and he did nothing wrong himself. As noted above, Clint lifted our program to previously un-dreamed of heights. If he wants to sit there, watch the game and sign autographs or whatever, I welcome him. He shouldn't and in all likelihood won't make any unseemly comments. Writers are always trying to stir up crap, to hell with them.

If creepy wrote it then that's all you need to know 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now