Men vs. Georgia

WarTiger

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Who made that comment about AU losing to a bad Texas A&M team?

Somebody who clearly hasn’t been keeping up. They’re way better than their record indicates. Just got derailed by injury entering SEC play and are now healthy and hitting their stride.

There were a lot of reasons to take heart though. aTm was a matchup nightmare and has bigs the quality of which we likely won’t see again until deep in the postseason if we can remain a 2-4 seed. And it took our leading scorer and best perimeter defender going down, compounded by a meh foul call at the end to beat us.

Just hope Bryce is back for UK. Want all hands on deck for that one. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was certainly an ugly start to the 2nd half.  After Harper missed those 3 free throws, I thought for sure that we were going to blow that lead. But this isn’t the Auburn basketball that we have grown up watching. This team is amazingly gritty! 

Even without Bryce & a healthy Murray, we dominated this game from start to finish. If this team can stay healthy, I think we can beat any team in the country. It continues with Kentucky Wednesday night. War Eagle!

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This season by BRUUUUUUUUUUCE PEARL is the best coaching job at Auburn in any sport SINCE _???? Insert your answer!!!! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH THIS TEAM >>>>>>>>>>>> THIS COACH>>>>>>>>> I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!! NEXT MAN UP is not just a mantra it is a WAY OF LIFE for this team. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not care what sport it is beating georgia is ALWAYS special. Twice in one week. LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Terry Bowden's 11-0 1993 football team. :devil:

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Terry Bowden's 11-0 1993 football team. :devil:

lol I think we found the 1 terry bowden fan left in the world!!

20 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Anyone that attended in person.....were there many auburn fans at the game? 

Did not attend, but I did watch a bit of the first half. We were loud on TV. I had to turn it off when the UGA crowd started chanting “UCF” over and over.

I could not watch today, but I saw a tweet from green thanking auburn fans there for their support.  I just figured that meant there were a decent amount there. That would have been a blast to attend in person.

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Somebody who clearly hasn’t been keeping up. They’re way better than their record indicates. Just got derailed by injury entering SEC play and are now healthy and hitting their stride.

There were a lot of reasons to take heart though. aTm was a matchup nightmare and has bigs the quality of which we likely won’t see again until deep in the postseason if we can remain a 2-4 seed. And it took our leading scorer and best perimeter defender going down, compounded by a meh foul call at the end to beat us.

Just hope Bryce is back for UK. Want all hands on deck for that one. 

Didn't they have several out due to suspensions?   I don't recall anything about injuries where A&M was concerned, but perhaps I missed it.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ok but in fairness to @Mikey you did ask about the best coaching job since.... And I think it would be safe to say that every Auburn fan loved TB for at least the 93 & 94 seasons. Bruce Pearl is has Auburn basketball in rare air however. :)

48 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Ok but in fairness to @Mikey you did ask about the best coaching job since.... And I think it would be safe to say that every Auburn fan loved TB for at least the 93 & 94 seasons. Bruce Pearl is has Auburn basketball in rare air however. :)

He was my first AU coach as a student...We all loved Terry then and some of us still can muster up fond enough memories of him and what he did at Auburn....he helped me fall in love with Auburn.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You don't have to be a fan to recognize his accomplishments. He took a team that had been 5-6 and 5-5-1 the previous two years and went 11-0 with them. His last full year at AU, 1997, all of "Dye's players" were gone and AU lost the SEC championship game by one point. T. Bowden is still the best game-day football coach we've had at Auburn in the life of any living person. 47-17-1 is a record any AU fan should love. His difficulties with Lowder & co. and the subsequent turmoil around that is outside the parameters of your question.

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You don't have to be a fan to recognize his accomplishments. He took a team that had been 5-6 and 5-5-1 the previous two years and went 11-0 with them. His last full year at AU, 1997, all of "Dye's players" were gone and AU lost the SEC championship game by one point. T. Bowden is still the best game-day football coach we've had at Auburn in the life of any living person. 47-17-1 is a record any AU fan should love. His difficulties with Lowder & co. and the subsequent turmoil around that is outside the parameters of your question.

true dat.    He sure was a better game day coach than the one we have now, but his brother had a  lot to do with it,also

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I still think Tot was a good game day coach, and a great play caller. He just didn’t do much else well (football-wise at least ?) and his misuse of Stephen Davis was criminal. 

Regardless of UGa’s record this win impressed me a lot. First off, any road win in conference without one of your best players is impressive. Second, to bounce back from a very disappointing home loss and win a road game is super mature from such a young team. And lastly, I’ll admit I have kept waiting all year for the wheels to come off for our team. I keep waiting for that 4 game slide or us to lose like 5 outta 6. But our guys keep responding with heart. Kudos to this team and coaching staff who keep overcoming adversity and have a shot at keeping us entertained well into late March.

anyone questioning our conference losses should realize both A & M and Bama are both quite capable of making deep runs in the NCAA tourney.   we have battled with both and had we have another break or 2 go our way we could have won both.  No matter what happens the rest of the way dont ' sell this team short.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I still think Tot was a good game day coach, and a great play caller. He just didn’t do much else well (football-wise at least ?) and his misuse of Stephen Davis was criminal. 

At the end of his run the rbs we had were easily the worst of the modern era at AU!!! lol. One of the main reasons of his downfall was losing garner to UT.

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

Moreso I am SHOCKED!!! I tell ya SHOCKED that was his answer. I thought He was going to say John Heisman or something! lol

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

true dat.    He sure was a better game day coach than the one we have now, but his brother had a  lot to do with it,also

And of course having jimbo on staff did not hurt either.

Really great bounce back win right there. Harper especially upped his game to make up for Brown being out of the lineup. Can't say enough how impressed i've been with Harper this year. I knew he could score but man his ability to control and understand what his role needs to be on a game to game basis is really impressive. Hard to believe he is just a sophmore.  Going to be a really tough run of games coming up but i have no doubt this team will be up to the challenge. Going to be a fun March for the first time in a very long time...can't wait!!!

I like the edge that Dunbar brings but watching him miss some really open looks at threes makes you appreciate what BB has been doing this year. Love everybody's effort on this team though, especially watching Horace getting those offensive boards in the second half.

18 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

It was certainly an ugly start to the 2nd half.  After Harper missed those 3 free throws, I thought for sure that we were going to blow that lead. But this isn’t the Auburn basketball that we have grown up watching. This team is amazingly gritty! 

Even without Bryce & a healthy Murray, we dominated this game from start to finish. If this team can stay healthy, I think we can beat any team in the country. It continues with Kentucky Wednesday night. War Eagle!

I've been following fairly closely this season but I guess I've missed hearing anything to imply Murray isn't healthy. What's the deal there?

3 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

I've been following fairly closely this season but I guess I've missed hearing anything to imply Murray isn't healthy. What's the deal there?

Murray suffered from full body cramps throughout the game, so I was merely pointing out that Murray wasn’t playing at a 100%

Archived