Reuben Foster...Again

aubearcat

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might be a great talent but I don't think his NFL adventure will end well. We really dodged a bullet when when he made his "business decision" and went to bama, no pun intended. If he straightens himself out I will be very surprised.JMO

WDE

1 hour ago, Slammer1 said:

He might be a great talent but I don't think his NFL adventure will end well. We really dodged a bullet when when he made his "business decision" and went to bama, no pun intended. If he straightens himself out I will be very surprised.JMO

Unless he beat up any girls while he was there, I don't follow. 

1 hour ago, Slammer1 said:

WDE

I realize it's a totally homer thing to say, but he actually would probably be far better off had he chosen Auburn over the "business decision". As has been discussed ad nauseam,  the way Gus runs our program doesn't lead to the level of continued success on the field that Saban's methods generate, but it does help boys become men. Yes, we've had some failures who spent their final years on other teams because they refused to buy in, but I'm proud of the effort Auburn makes in producing character along with talent. Going to Auburn could have cost him in initial salary, but if he ends up in jail instead of on the field, he would have been better off having the smaller signing bonus.

On JOX this morning Tone "The Double Standard" Bone and Pawl were trying to say there is no correlation or connection between Bama and Foster doing drugs.  Dude couldn't even make it to the NFL combine.  So he just started taking drugs AFTER the last game he played at Bama.............. yeah right Tone and Pawl.  He had a drug problem at Bama he has one now, yes it's that easy to connect the dots.  Maybe this will make it easier for them.

Connect the dots.jpg

I would suspect he will become another one of the 80% players who are stone cold broke within five years of leaving the NFL. Worse yet, if he can’t control his on the field violence when not being on the field he may be killed at an early age.  Not good. 

So what's okay in Tuscaloosa is not in the rest of the world? Weird...

Bama players can do anything they want in Tuscaloosa and do. They are worshiped and given everything with no accountability. It's not a shock these guys can't transition into the real world.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Bama players can do anything they want in Tuscaloosa and do. They are worshiped and given everything with no accountability. It's not a shock these guys can't transition into the real world.

Based on the KP thread in the football forum, seems Foster might have been kicked off a Gus led team.

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Based on the KP thread in the football forum, seems Foster might have been kicked off a Gus led team.

This would greatly depend on the viable options Gus had at the position.  Don’t be fooled.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This would greatly depend on the viable options Gus had at the position.  Don’t be fooled.

I'm sure you're right.

My guess is if Gus had the same options backing up RF that Saban actually did have, my (slightly tongue-in-cheek) theory stands.

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm sure you're right.

My guess is if Gus had the same options backing up RF that Saban actually did have, my (slightly tongue-in-cheek) theory stands.

I can agree with this, Saban seems to have his process that is based solely on win/loss.  Just get them to the NFL so Saban can use it on the recruiting trail.  Who cares what happens after they leave Bama?

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're so right Bird. The only time we ever hear about their extracurricular activities is when outside agencies are involved and then they have no choice but to address things and even then nothing much happens.. Makes one wonder if they will ever have what goes on over there brought to light. The last time I heard of any of their shenanigans being exposed was the textbooks for cash goings on  in 2005. If I remember correctly all they got was what amounted to a slap on the wrist. Maybe one of these days they will get what is coming to them.  One can only hope and I just hope I can hang around long enough to see it. LOL

WDE 

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can agree with this, Saban seems to have his process that is based solely on win/loss.  Just get them to the NFL so Saban can use it on the recruiting trail.  Who cares what happens after they leave Bama?

Honestly, I doubt college HC's have a whole lot of personal interaction with their former players once they move on the pro's.  Everybody has a job to do and college HC's have over 100 testosterone filled kids between the age of 17-21 they have to monitor, train, develop, coach, and groom into SEC level athletes.  And if those coaches don't get those guys performing at top level and winning ball games then fans pull out the pitchforks and get the lynch mob cranked up.

The idiotic choices grown ass men choose to do with their lives at the professional level can't be a worry or concern to their former coaches.  No college coach has time for that crap.

Most assuredly a lot of what the massive staff in the UAT football dept does is follow players around and try to keep them out of trouble/make sure the TPD doesn't get over-zealous in going after them.     There are WAY too many cases of former player going off the deep end AFTER they leave T-Town.    You never heard a bad peep out of them while they were there.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:13 AM, McLoofus said:

Unless he beat up any girls while he was there, I don't follow. 

With his talent level he could have beat up a bus full of nuns and you wouldn't have heard about it while he was there.  

4 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

With his talent level he could have beat up a bus full of nuns and you wouldn't have heard about it while he was there.  

Yeah.

I think some of what we're seeing in this thread is folks just jumping on an opportunity to feel better about him not coming here. I get it. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah.

I think some of what we're seeing in this thread is folks just jumping on an opportunity to feel better about him not coming here. I get it. 

okp66FD.gif

Archived