Reuben Foster...Again

aubearcat

9 hours ago, keesler said:

Honestly, I doubt college HC's have a whole lot of personal interaction with their former players once they move on the pro's.  Everybody has a job to do and college HC's have over 100 testosterone filled kids between the age of 17-21 they have to monitor, train, develop, coach, and groom into SEC level athletes.  And if those coaches don't get those guys performing at top level and winning ball games then fans pull out the pitchforks and get the lynch mob cranked up.

The idiotic choices grown ass men choose to do with their lives at the professional level can't be a worry or concern to their former coaches.  No college coach has time for that crap.

Yeah, I don’t think Saban has any interaction with many former players.  He just wants to use them to show recruits that they have a better chance to get to the NFL through him. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

I think Foster's problems may also have to do with steroid use. Roid rage, anyone?

Soooo glad he's not an Auburn Tiger.

But he would have been had Troopa not been out bid.

wde

On 2/13/2018 at 10:54 AM, AUFlyer99 said:

With his talent level he could have beat up a bus full of nuns and you wouldn't have heard about it while he was there.  

What probably been reported is the nuns instigated the incident.

On 2/17/2018 at 11:16 PM, PigskinPat said:

Trooper was already gone before Foster committed to bama.

LMAO, of course. But it was in the same recruiting cycle.

wde

• 1 month later...

3 felonies handed down today,could face 11 years if convicted. Lynch what will you do now?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23134335/san-francisco-49ers-linebacker-reuben-foster-charged-three-felonies

15 minutes ago, Southwest said:

3 felonies handed down today,could face 11 years if convicted. Lynch what will you do now?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23134335/san-francisco-49ers-linebacker-reuben-foster-charged-three-felonies

Too bad Alcatraz is closed. It would be so convenient. :-\

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

al.com headline:  "Former Auburn Commit, Reuben Foster, Arrested Again For Domestic Violence. "

"Foster made headlines for getting an Auburn tattoo shortly before committing to a rival school."

On 2/13/2018 at 11:11 AM, Slammer1 said:

You're so right Bird. The only time we ever hear about their extracurricular activities is when outside agencies are involved and then they have no choice but to address things and even then nothing much happens.. Makes one wonder if they will ever have what goes on over there brought to light. The last time I heard of any of their shenanigans being exposed was the textbooks for cash goings on  in 2005. If I remember correctly all they got was what amounted to a slap on the wrist. Maybe one of these days they will get what is coming to them.  One can only hope and I just hope I can hang around long enough to see it. LOL

WDE 

Not necessarily in any type of order:

Well there is always the TE selling drugs out of the athletic dorm.

Then there’s the training staff paying a player.

Not to mention the drug possession while caring a stolen gun.  But they work out in the heat for bama fans, so that one was OK.

We had the deer antler spray (steroids) before their bowl games.

We had the defensive line coach fired for multiple recruiting violations.

You are correct however, absolutely nothing came from any of the above mentioned issues. They were just not that big of a deal to King Emmert.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/04/12/49ers-player-reuben-foster-accused-attacking-girlfriend-rupturing-her-eardrum.html

I guess this District Attorney is not so concerned with all that working and sweating Foster was doing while he sat in his air conditioned office.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/2/11/17002362/reuben-foster-arrest-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan-comments-tramaine-brock-release

Hmm wonder what the difference is,because as of today the 49ers are taking a wait and see approach.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

You want to believe her, but considering past history and NFL money, it's hard to do so. The timing of this, the day before the draft, also seems very convenient as the Niners were talking about recruiting a Linebacker to replace him.

6 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Poor thing saw dollars

She certainly didn't make this up...
"The 28-year-old woman was taken to the hospital and treated for her injuries that included bruises and a ruptured eardrum."

Still... being financially set for life probably seems like a better option to her than him going to jail.

7 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

The REC still protectin'. :yes:

My first thought as well.  Isn't it part of their mission to help and protect football players no matter what? 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

My first thought as well.  Isn't it part of their mission to help and protect football players no matter what? 

I've heard it's one of their recruiting selling points. Protection LONG after you leave Tuscaloosa. That being said, in this case it's probably just high priced lawyers doing what they do.

54 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I've heard it's one of their recruiting selling points. Protection LONG after you leave Tuscaloosa. That being said, in this case it's probably just high priced lawyers doing what they do.

Blood in, blood out. #riploganyoung

Glad Trooper was gone and we lost the bidding war on Foster.  He was a very good college LB but an idiot from the beginning.

wde

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Glad Trooper was gone and we lost the bidding war on Foster.  He was a very good college LB but an idiot from the beginning.

wde

Yep!  Stupid is as stupid does.

6 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

She certainly didn't make this up...
"The 28-year-old woman was taken to the hospital and treated for her injuries that included bruises and a ruptured eardrum."

Still... being financially set for life probably seems like a better option to here than him going to jail.

Got me wrong- I meant she saw dollars if she shut up and let him walk.

Archived