Reuben Foster...Again

aubearcat

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Got me wrong- I meant she saw dollars if she shut up and let him walk.

No... I got what you were saying. I was saying that she now says she made up what she said about him, but there's no way she made up the medical report. My comment about being financially set for life was in reference to the dollars that she was given to let him walk.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I have questioned all along was how the heck did she walk away after being punched 8 or so times by Foster.  She must be a helluva woman. 

7 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The thing I have questioned all along was how the heck did she walk away after being punched 8 or so times by Foster.  She must be a helluva woman. 

According to the original article, she didn't. She was taken to the hospital.

This disgusts me. I think that kid is a total piece of trash. The NFL should still investigate this situation, regardless of what the woman decides to do. Like Lionheart said, she was taken to the hospital.

13 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

This disgusts me. I think that kid is a total piece of trash. The NFL should still investigate this situation, regardless of what the woman decides to do. Like Lionheart said, she was taken to the hospital.

Once an item is out of the news the NFL is done with it....has no serous standards of conduct.... 

On 2/12/2018 at 7:32 PM, auburnphan said:

very sad, but not surprised.

Just another thug who happens to be good at football, otherwise nobody would even give him a second look.

The idiot is still not walking free.  He has 2 more felony charges on him, one being a gun charge which was more serious than the abuse charge, and California takes that very seriously.  

18 minutes ago, keesler said:

The idiot is still not walking free.  He has 2 more felony charges on him, one being a gun charge which was more serious than the abuse charge, and California takes that very seriously.  

If the articles I have read are accurate, it was a Sig 516 SBR.  I have not seen any definitive details on where it came from, but I know this much is certain:  He did not legally purchase it in California, and it is illegal for him to bring it from anywhere else.  That is just for having a Sig 516 in the state of California.  An SBR is an NFA weapon.  He could have legally acquired it while in Alabama, by purchasing it, submitting ATF Form 1 or 4, and waiting for approval.  If he did so, that would have fine as long as he remained in Alabama.  Taking an NFA weapon into another state requires approval from ATF, and must comply with all federal, state, and local laws.  If it would not, ATF will deny approval.  California regulates most NFA weapons as dangerous weapons, and requires an additional permit.  Basically, if one is not engaged in selling weapons to or training government agencies, repairing them, or props for the film industry, a permit will not be issued.

Illegal possession of an NFA weapon is a federal felony, and he may face additional charges for that if he did indeed illegally bring an SBR into California.  Bringing a standard Sig 516 (non-SBR) that he could buy all over Alabama, into California, is a state felony.  He should go to prison for that alone.  Everyone on this forum would.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

Everyone on this forum would.

If only everyone on this forum had the unbalanced protection of a NFL football player... even more an NFL player with bama ties. I'm certain he has an army of lawyers finding every loophole they can to make sure he's ready for kick-off on opening day.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

If the articles I have read are accurate, it was a Sig 516 SBR.  I have not seen any definitive details on where it came from, but I know this much is certain:  He did not legally purchase it in California, and it is illegal for him to bring it from anywhere else.  That is just for having a Sig 516 in the state of California.  An SBR is an NFA weapon.  He could have legally acquired it while in Alabama, by purchasing it, submitting ATF Form 1 or 4, and waiting for approval.  If he did so, that would have fine as long as he remained in Alabama.  Taking an NFA weapon into another state requires approval from ATF, and must comply with all federal, state, and local laws.  If it would not, ATF will deny approval.  California regulates most NFA weapons as dangerous weapons, and requires an additional permit.  Basically, if one is not engaged in selling weapons to or training government agencies, repairing them, or props for the film industry, a permit will not be issued.

Illegal possession of an NFA weapon is a federal felony, and he may face additional charges for that if he did indeed illegally bring an SBR into California.  Bringing a standard Sig 516 (non-SBR) that he could buy all over Alabama, into California, is a state felony.  He should go to prison for that alone.  Everyone on this forum would.

I don't see him getting off of the weapons charge.  And you know damn well he didn't bring it in lawfully with ATF clearance.   He's a thug of the first order and as dumb as a sack of rocks, but we all knew that even when Troopha was pimping him.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

If only everyone on this forum had the unbalanced protection of a NFL football player... even more an NFL player with bama ties. I'm certain he has an army of lawyers finding every loophole they can to make sure he's ready for kick-off on opening day.

There really is not a ton of information about the incident, and what is being called a Sig 516 SBR could just as easily be a Sig 516 pistol with a stabilizing brace attached (it looks like a stock).  If it is a pistol with stabilizing brace, that will save him from illegal NFA weapon charges.  I think California law can be confusing with regard to AR pistols, so the issue of whether or not it is an SBR regardless could still be a concern.  If he brought a Sig 516 pistol or rifle with him from Alabama, he is definitely violating California law.  He was not in California prior to law being amended to prohibit bullet button AR sales, so it is most likely one he brought with him.

That said, you are probably right.  It will be argued that he could not possibly have known (or be expected to check) that bringing an illegal assault weapon into California was, in fact, illegal.  The prosecutor will agree, and reduce it to a misdemeanor since he spent his "adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning."

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I don't see him getting off of the weapons charge.  And you know damn well he didn't bring it in lawfully with ATF clearance.   He's a thug of the first order and as dumb as a sack of rocks, but we all knew that even when Troopha was pimping him.

It is not necessarily an NFA weapon, subject to ATF approval.  It could easily be that it is a Sig 516 pistol with a stabilizing brace, and it is a common workaround to the NFA process for SBR's.  The ATF currently considers it legal, and California's DOJ has been silent on their legality.  Law enforcement officers being ignorant of firearm laws (and firearms in general) is not at all unusual, and I certainly would not expect them to know the difference between an actual SBR with a stock and a pistol with a stabilizing brace.  I have been harassed and threatened with arrest on more than one occasion because an off-duty cop present at the range was certain that my suppressors and automatic weapons are illegal.

I am relatively certain that Foster did bring an illegal assault weapon into California though.  That should be enough, and if it were me arrested for it, it certainly would be.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:47 AM, lionheartkc said:

I've heard it's one of their recruiting selling points. Protection LONG after you leave Tuscaloosa. That being said, in this case it's probably just high priced lawyers doing what they do.

It is one of their selling points. And then after they leave bammer it's an implied threat. 

So the girlfriend lied.....problem is, nobody but the two of them know which time she lied ? :-\.     I'd hate to have to make a living trying to figure out who is telling the truth in these kind of incidents....

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So the girlfriend lied.....problem is, nobody but the two of them know which time she lied ? :-\.     I'd hate to have to make a living trying to figure out who is telling the truth in these kind of incidents....

Makes you wonder if they will charge her with making a false report. This whole event is why so many people get used as punching bags. The NFL is concerned with high school text messages of a draftee, but violence, guns, and drugs....come on in. One thing I’m confident of, this won’t be the last time Foster is in the news for the wrong reasons. 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So the girlfriend lied.....problem is, nobody but the two of them know which time she lied ? :-\

Well, them and the people who treated her at the hospital. I can't imagine she ruptured her own eardrum. I'm not even sure how you would do that.

20 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Well, them and the people who treated her at the hospital. I can't imagine she ruptured her own eardrum. I'm not even sure how you would do that.

"walked into a door".....happens all the time....:)

On 4/26/2018 at 9:03 AM, PigskinPat said:

Without clicking through my first thought was "I wonder is she too fell UP the stairs?"

On 4/27/2018 at 4:38 PM, AU64 said:

Medical professionals know because the injuries tell the real story.  But they can't do much about the legal system or the NFL and how a lot of money being exchanged  for the truth will make domestic abuse an ordinary lover's quarrel. She was cleaning her ear out with a Q-tip and he accidently bumped into her. Now she won't need to worry about supporting herself without his NFL money.

Apparently there's a video of a cat fight between two of Reub's kittens, with one sustaining multiple punches resulting in a ruptured eardrum and her threatening to ruin RF's career if he ditched her and took up with the other kitty cat.  

On 2/12/2018 at 8:25 AM, keesler said:

He'll go the Rolando McLain route.....you can't fix stupid.

You can fix stupid in tuscaloser. Didnt this genius graduate in 3 years? If thats not a red flag, nothing is. 

• 2 weeks later...

You just know one of the cop/lawyer shows is going to snag this one for one of their plotlines. You can't make this crap up.

Archived