Pettway is a mess

bigbird

On 2/21/2018 at 7:42 AM, AU-24 said:

He is considered a Head Case, it is not just drugs. He is considered a Head Case, it is not just drugs. He is considered a Head Case, it is not just drugs. 

He is considered a Head Case, it is not just drugs. He is considered a Head Case, it is not just drugs. He is considered a Head Case, it is not just drugs. 

Yes....the underlying issues I mentioned. For all we know he could be developing CTE.

I wish him well in the future,and I hope he has a happy and productive life.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

INDIANAPOLIS — Before speaking with reporters Thursday at the NFL scouting combine, former Auburn running back Kamryn Pettway had not faced the media in nearly half a year. In between, he dealt with a season-ending shoulder injury and several off-field issues that have now apparently threatened his draft stock.

One anonymous pro scout told NFL.com that Pettway was a “mess” in the lead-up to the combine.

That followed a bizarre December report that Pettway was “unwelcome” at the Peach Bowl with his Auburn teammates. Coach Gus Malzahn refuted that story, and Pettway told reporters Thursday that he had a choice to attend the game.

“I thought about going,” he said, “but I had a lot of family issues going on, so I just wanted to stay back home.”

Now, Pettway said he’s fully healthy and only has one more online class to complete his degree. He cited a desire to provide for his family as a primary reason for leaving Auburn a year early.

Last offseason, he also had the option leave, too, but stayed. A rash of injuries — he hurt his heel and ankle as well as his shoulder — and those aforementioned off-field concerns have now made it clear that he would have been better off leaving last spring.

ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr., recently called Pettway a “late-round possibility,” adding that the burly runner was once ranked in front of teammate Kerryon Johnson — the 2017 SEC Offensive Player of the Year — in Kiper’s draft rankings.

Speaking about that fateful decision, Pettway said he dealt with regret.

“I had second thoughts at one point,” he said Thursday. “But then, just sitting back and reflecting, everything is all part of God’s plan. So I just embraced it.”

Pettway brushed off the “mess” comment from the anonymous scout.

“I don’t know who said it, but I don’t let it bother me,” he said. “I know deep down how good of a person I am.”

When teams ask about it, he just tells them “what it is.”

“Tell ’em the truth,” he said. “Learn (from) mistakes. With everything, you’ve gotta learn from experience.”

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

INDIANAPOLIS — Before speaking with reporters Thursday at the NFL scouting combine, former Auburn running back Kamryn Pettway had not faced the media in nearly half a year. In between, he dealt with a season-ending shoulder injury and several off-field issues that have now apparently threatened his draft stock.

One anonymous pro scout told NFL.com that Pettway was a “mess” in the lead-up to the combine.

That followed a bizarre December report that Pettway was “unwelcome” at the Peach Bowl with his Auburn teammates. Coach Gus Malzahn refuted that story, and Pettway told reporters Thursday that he had a choice to attend the game.

“I thought about going,” he said, “but I had a lot of family issues going on, so I just wanted to stay back home.”

Now, Pettway said he’s fully healthy and only has one more online class to complete his degree. He cited a desire to provide for his family as a primary reason for leaving Auburn a year early.

Last offseason, he also had the option leave, too, but stayed. A rash of injuries — he hurt his heel and ankle as well as his shoulder — and those aforementioned off-field concerns have now made it clear that he would have been better off leaving last spring.

ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr., recently called Pettway a “late-round possibility,” adding that the burly runner was once ranked in front of teammate Kerryon Johnson — the 2017 SEC Offensive Player of the Year — in Kiper’s draft rankings.

Speaking about that fateful decision, Pettway said he dealt with regret.

“I had second thoughts at one point,” he said Thursday. “But then, just sitting back and reflecting, everything is all part of God’s plan. So I just embraced it.”

Pettway brushed off the “mess” comment from the anonymous scout.

“I don’t know who said it, but I don’t let it bother me,” he said. “I know deep down how good of a person I am.”

When teams ask about it, he just tells them “what it is.”

“Tell ’em the truth,” he said. “Learn (from) mistakes. With everything, you’ve gotta learn from experience.”

So basically not a mental case at all. Personal issues and he is willing to learn from pass experiences . Solved.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Much like Pettway, it has let Jesus take the wheel. 

I don't care if it rains or freezes

21 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m....I’m sorry....

2304FD9C-2C50-429A-93B8-09AB58D13122.gif

Hovered over the "love" reaction. Went with "laugh". "Thanks" could be in the mix. Might come back and switch from time to time.

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hovered over the "love" reaction. Went with "laugh". "Thanks" could be in the mix. Might come back and switch from time to time.

Sometimes difficult to decide which is most positive,

but we only get one at a time.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Unlike Big Worm, toying with my emoticons causes me no distress. Angel’s Envy on deck tonight.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Unlike Big Worm, toying with my emoticons causes me no distress. Angel’s Envy on deck tonight.

My brother.

Not sure where we'll start or end up, but there is Sazerac Rye, Four Roses, Coastal Empire's Milk Stout, White Oak Jai Alai, a few Oskar Blues standards, rum(s) and mixers...

Anyway, back to Pettway's substance abuse issues... 

Hearing some good reports from the combine.  Maybe someone giving him some good guidance ...hope so.

Archived