Pettway is a mess

bigbird

Just now, auburnphan said:

I highly doubt there is a football team at any level of NCAA competition that is clean from drug use.  Just is not a reality

No question about that.....we just hear more about it at AU...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Then I would argue that Dr. Goodlett needs to ask himself how players under his care can get so messed up on drugs that they are basically unable to return to the field after being very successful just a year prior... but that's just me.

Yep. Just you. 

8 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Yep. Just you. This may be one of the most ignorant statements I’ve ever read here. But that’s just me.

tenor.gif

27 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I highly doubt there is a football team at any level of NCAA competition that is clean from drug use.  Just is not a reality

Not even close

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Even with that being the case (which I did not know), they had it under control enough to both have solid seasons, Sean for 2 years and Kam for 1, but when they were sidelined from football, it got far enough out of control that it could have basically ended their careers. That tells me when a player is on the field, the coaches keep them in check, but when they aren't, they are allowed to spin out of control. Which is extra disturbing considering the dangers of mixing recreational drugs with pain meds.

I have been hearing SW was a very well known partier since before he ever took a snap. Pettway was suspended the opening game after playing in the bowl game. He was not firing up out of boredom. These are upper classmen not being responsible. They had all the guidance and education parents could give a kid, probably more. Hopefully they grow tf up and not let this define them. So far it may have. 

I wish he could get on with a CFL team and get his act together and show once again what he can do. Say a prayer for this kid. He did give us a lot of great football and I thank him for that. I say no piling on this kid and pray that something will work out for him. I would think if he shows he can get it together and get on with a CFL team, he could turn this into a pro career down the path.

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

The basic stance by almost every NCAA athletic department is don't get caught and don't show up under the influence/affect your performance.  While some think they should be put to higher standards because of their opportunity, which is a fair argument the reality is they are no different than any other student finding them self in college.

Yes, except the other students aren't under threat of a Urine Drug Test at any time during a year.  Being a D1 athlete comes with responsibilities not imposed on other students.  Most athletes are goal oriented and know to get to a certain level of excellence they must follow the rules put in place by authorities of the sport and maintain their rigorous preparation schedule.  I always took the UDT as a good reason not to do it.  And still do.

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Yes, except the other students aren't under threat of a Urine Drug Test at any time during a year.  Being a D1 athlete comes with responsibilities not imposed on other students.  Most athletes are goal oriented and know to get to a certain level of excellence they must follow the rules put in place by authorities of the sport and maintain their rigorous preparation schedule.  I always took the UDT as a good reason not to do it.  And still do.

To the first sentence I say big deal, schools don't care about results for pot.  To the bold statement  75% of the NFL just busted out laughing and 90% of the NBA.

Just now, auburnphan said:

To the first sentence I say big deal, schools don't care about results for pot.  To the bold statement  75% of the NFL just busted out laughing and 90% of the NBA.

Most athletes aren't in the NFL or NBA.  The point is they have a good reason not to do it.

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

There are students on campus that are under threat of a Drug test at any point in time.  You have active military there getting their degrees and ROTC students unless they have changed things.

OK...I give up....have no idea what that gold thing is all about.  As noted before, I live a sheltered life and sometimes y'all have to spell things out for me...:dunno:

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK...I give up....have no idea what that gold thing is all about.  As noted before, I live a sheltered life and sometimes y'all have to spell things out for me...:dunno:

My college experience was anything but sheltered, and I have no idea what the gold comment was about. 

Edit: I know what a bong is. It was the "tall and gold" hint that I'm confused about.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

It is a bong.

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That sir is a bong.

Somebody is really going to get a steal in Pettway if he can get it together.  I absolutely love the way plays...when he plays.  One man's opinion don't mean s*** if you get a shot, c'mon Kam get it right.

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Power coupling to the Millennium Falcon

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

15 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

My college experience was anything but sheltered, and I have no idea what the gold comment was about. 

Pretty sure the original "gold" comment was for lost Heisman potential.

Bird's "gold" comment was for Reality met.

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Pretty sure the original "gold" comment was for lost Heisman potential.

Bird's "gold" comment was for Reality met.

Ahh yes. Just call me plain ole ignoramus

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Just another example of how we need to take a deep look into how we handle long term injuries. Too many quality players are falling off the deep end while recovering from injuries. 

Never in a million years did I think I would use this gif or a similar one on Lion post buuut...

1336405435_fat_guy_trampoline_dunk_fail.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Ahh yes. Just call me plain ole ignoramus

Nah... The original comment took me a minute too.

But I'm currently :beer2:.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

but there was zero talk about issues with Sean or Kam prior to their injuries.

ciXQaAb.gif

You weren't talking to the right people then. Their dang sure was talk of it. Maybe not on public AUF forums because we have rules on not posting stuff w/out a link, especially on something like this but as I'm sure has already been reiterated, the talk was there.

Isn't the Heisman bronze? And I just can't decide whose job it is to babysit the injured players. I think it is a good thought to want to take care of them, but it is not very realistic, in my opinion. I am just highly disappointed in Kam Pettway. First and foremost, he is a dad. His actions not only affect his future, but that of his child's as well. I truly hope that he can get it together, for the sake of that child. I also feel badly for the coaches and staff who have invested in him and other kids, only to watch them piss (for lack of a better word) it all away. Has to be heart breaking.

Archived