Pettway is a mess

bigbird

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

No... I'm not. Maybe these kids came in with problems, maybe they didn't, but there was zero talk about issues with Sean or Kam prior to their injuries. Seems to me that we have players with a long term injuries getting bored, maybe depressed, and self-medicating and no one is keeping an eye on that until they try to come back to the field and it's already a big problem. It's not like drug use among the players is new territory for Auburn, it played a big part in blowing up the team in 2012. We should know how to deal with it productively. 

I might be wrong about all, but I'm pretty sure that many of the athletes at Auburn University are provided with excellent psychological services from an outside firm.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

ciXQaAb.gif

You weren't talking to the right people then. Their dang sure was talk of it. Maybe not on public AUF forums because we have rules on not posting stuff w/out a link, especially on something like this but as I'm sure has already been reiterated, the talk was there.

So, if I read you right... if AUF will do away with those pesky rules we can ALL be informed.

Then I would argue that Dr. Goodlett needs to ask himself how players under his care can get so messed up on drugs that they are basically unable to return to the field after being very successful just a year prior... but that's just me.

tenor.gif

Dr. Goodlet, nor none of the medical staff, is responsible for a kid choosing to do his best Cheech & Chung impersonation on a daily basis.

Even with that being the case (which I did not know), they had it under control enough to both have solid seasons, Sean for 2 years and Kam for 1, but when they were sidelined from football, it got far enough out of control that it could have basically ended their careers. That tells me when a player is on the field, the coaches keep them in check, but when they aren't, they are allowed to spin out of control. Which is extra disturbing considering the dangers of mixing recreational drugs with pain meds.

giphy.gif

I would advise gathering real information before jumping to such outrageous, misinformed opinions.

I was apparently totally out of that loop. 

Tends to happen to those who chose to be Naive on things.

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

So 3 players get tossed for "drugs" and we have an injury rehab department problem?

:homer:

Makes perfect sense right.

17 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So, if I read you right... if AUF will do away with those pesky rules we can ALL be informed.

More informed for sure. Not that I'm advocating a rules change.

6 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Just another example of how we need to take a deep look into how we handle long term injuries. Too many quality players are falling off the deep end while recovering from injuries. 

E0DC452E-2878-47DE-A5EE-27EF2E2142AB.gif

This thread is why I posted in the *other* thread that I thought it surprising that KP was invited to the combine. Maybe he’ll get himself together but....

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

my heros

All these years and I finally find out what your profile pic is from ya schmuck.

45 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Man this is brutal!

Nowhere near close to the infamous “how many of you are willing to admit....” thread. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Man this is brutal!

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Nowhere near close to the infamous “how many of you are willing to admit....” thread. 

Y'all are missing the point of the discussion..... but that could be just me.

;)

I say we make a list of players who had injuries.....but stayed the course and did what they needed to to get back on the field......KJ, Dinson, Lawson to name a few; and if there was ever any player you could understand getting so down about their health that many would understand if they went in that direction ......shon Coleman.

17 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

So what you're saying is, AU doctors need to quit prescribing weed to the injured players?

Just move Auburn to Colorado maybe?...

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Just move Auburn to Colorado maybe?...

They can come on down to my neck of the woods.  They're starting to open Med Mary Jane Dispensaries all around my area.

I think I feel some glaucoma coming on...

18 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Just another example of how we need to take a deep look into how we handle long term injuries. Too many quality players are falling off the deep end while recovering from injuries. 

I haven’t read through all four pages, but believe me, Injuries are not the problem in this case.

“he's got too many character flags to be drafted”

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

There was certainly plenty of talk about both SW and KP. Might as well have been Spicoli and Ricky Williams

And Jerry Springer?

Archived