Auburn has a pretty good weekend

abw0004

It was a very winning weekend for Auburn athletics! 

#4 Auburn Equestrian rode to a victory over #1 Georgia in Athens!

#10 Auburn Men's Basketball picked up a huge win on the road at Georgia, defeating the Bulldogs 78-61; it was the first season sweep of UGA since 1986. 

#13 Auburn Softball swept the Plainsman Invitational to open their season at 6-0; Auburn outscored their opponents 38-1 over the six games.

#16 Auburn Gymnastics took first place in the Texas Women's University Quad Meet, earning their highest road score of the season (196.5).

:wareagle:

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

It was a very winning weekend for Auburn athletics! 

#4 Auburn Equestrian rode to a victory over #1 Georgia in Athens!

#10 Auburn Men's Basketball picked up a huge win on the road at Georgia, defeating the Bulldogs 78-6; it was the first season sweep of UGA since 1986. 

#13 Auburn Softball swept the Plainsman Invitational to open their season at 6-0; Auburn outscored their opponents 38-1 over the six games.

#16 Auburn Gymnastics took first place in the Texas Women's University Quad Meet, earning their highest road score of the season (196.5).

:wareagle:

Heck, any time you beat Georgia at any sport 78-6 it's automatically a great weekend.

6 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

add to that the womens basketball team barely beat a 6-19 vandy team...when they were up by 11 at different points and almost lost it in the last minute.

I always tell my kids, "almost means it didn't happen".

12 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

It's amazing what a new athletic director did for Auburn sports

Sorry can’t tell if you are joking or not since our new AD has little to do with any of this success.

"First I'd like to thank our Athletic Director, Jay.. uhh.. Allen Greene.. for providing us with the means to get where we are at today. None of this could've been possible without his continued support! So, thank you Ja.. uhh Allen!"

For real though - it's nice to see several of our sports sitting pretty in the national rankings. Gymnastics had a really tough stretch to contend with so I'm glad they are bouncing back strong.

I saw baseball is predicted to finish second to last in the West (just ahead of Bama - HA!). That's crazy to think after the season we just had. Did we lose a lot of star players from last year's team?

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Our new AD needs all of the help he can get from the crap overall that JJ left him.

wde

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

I always tell my kids, "almost means it didn't happen".

Did you watch the game?  101-87 record over 6 years isn't getting it done.  I get that most of our starters are So & Fr but that is on the coach.  They have been her players for many years.  I will give her credit for the full court press and the turnovers but shot selection and finesse when doing a layup is on her coaching.  Don't know if she need to change her offense but it isn't aggressive enough with the talent that she has on the floor compared to the competition.

19 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Did you watch the game?  101-87 record over 6 years isn't getting it done.  I get that most of our starters are So & Fr but that is on the coach.  They have been her players for many years.  I will give her credit for the full court press and the turnovers but shot selection and finesse when doing a layup is on her coaching.  Don't know if she need to change her offense but it isn't aggressive enough with the talent that she has on the floor compared to the competition.

Yes, watched some of it.  Could they have done better? Sure, but a win is a win and, IMO, it shouldn't be looked down on.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, watched some of it.  Could they have done better? Sure, but a win is a win and, IMO, it shouldn't be looked down on.

Vandy was a 6-19 team coming in.  I am not looking down on the win.  I applaud it.  However, there is no reason that we can't put a good product on the floor and be competitive.  You can't tell me that we can't get talent to play competitively in the SEC.  We used to be a powerhouse in women's basketball.  I remember watching them play in the coliseum.

21 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

add to that the womens basketball team barely beat a 6-19 vandy team...when they were up by 11 at different points and almost lost it in the last minute.

:partey:

On 2/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, Linayus said:

I saw baseball is predicted to finish second to last in the West (just ahead of Bama - HA!). That's crazy to think after the season we just had. Did we lose a lot of star players from last year's team?

Number one starter on the mound (Keegan Thompson) and number one hitter (Jonah Todd).  Both were "program" guys who had battled injury and doubt to get to the top of the draft.  We will miss their leadership even more than their ability...which was outstanding.  We have a ton of talent coming into the system over the last couple of years and we have what I believe will be the best coach Auburn will have ever enjoyed (one day).  We also have a couple of really good starters coming back (Casey Mize and Davis Daniel) and we will not finish sixth in the west.  Count on it.  This team is going to be really fun to watch...get on board.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:26 PM, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Just wondering... why it is when someone posts something positive about what was a generally very good weekend for Auburn, does someone always have to go "but this part sucked". In this case, you even had to scrap the bottom of the barrel by pulling out a win that apparently wasn't a good enough win. Have we become truly incapable of enjoying the good as it stands?

20 hours ago, Linayus said:

I'm just going to say this and leave it at that:

Pre-season SEC men's basketball rankings
9. Auburn

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Just wondering... why it is when someone posts something positive about what was a generally very good weekend for Auburn, does someone always have to go "but this part sucked". In this case, you even had to scrap the bottom of the barrel by pulling out a win that apparently wasn't a good enough win. Have we become truly incapable of enjoying the good as it stands?

When you bait people like this, threads like the KP thread happen.

Maybe just hit em with a gif.

Observe:

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

When you bait people like this, threads like the KP thread happen.

Maybe just hit em with a gif.

Observe:

tenor.gif

I never learned to speak Gif. I'll leave that to experts like you and @GwillMac6

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I never learned to speak Gif. I'll leave that to experts like you and @GwillMac6

Oh, I don't hold a candle to @GwillMac6!

The gif is strong with that one....

49 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm just going to say this and leave it at that:

Pre-season SEC basketball rankings
9. Auburn

Is that men's or women's? In prior posts they were talking about the women...

Archived