Men's Roster Breakdown Through 2022

boomstick

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

this nba draft site, which is one of the best ones out there, now has Chuma going in the first round and Austin following him in the early second. Better get used to the idea of Chuma leaving now as I think he's only going to jump on more peoples' radar as the season goes on. Shows you what the exposure the Maui Invitational can do though and having Jay Bilas gush all over you on national tv.

Definitely gonna need to add a grad transfer or that Juco big man for next season. Oh lord I don't even know what'll happen if Danjel lights it up and leaves too.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

this nba draft site, which is one of the best ones out there, now has Chuma going in the first round and Austin following him in the early second. Better get used to the idea of Chuma leaving now as I think he's only going to jump on more peoples' radar as the season goes on. Shows you what the exposure the Maui Invitational can do though and having Jay Bilas gush all over you on national tv.

Definitely gonna need to add a grad transfer or that Juco big man for next season. Oh lord I don't even know what'll happen if Danjel lights it up and leaves too.

If Chuma leaves that's at least 2 more open schollies available (Wiley being the other).

I love the fact that we have two Auburn players projected in first two rounds and I would not be surprised to see them both go the NBA route but I am not sure how they can project Chuma in the 1st Round. To me any first round player has shown games where he can take over the game. I have not seen this with Chuma "YET".

He has shown flashes of brilliance but so far he has not been the go to guy.  He has the talent and as the year progresses he may become that guy but at this time it is a stretch to have him go 1st round. I do expect him to go to the NBA camp in the spring and see how the NBA scouts evaluate him.  If he does continue improving to be a legit 1st round pick, it is a two edged sword it would hurt to lose him but getting a first round pick and possibly a second round pick in Wiley would help us on the recruiting trail.

I want our guys to have great success as a team and individually.  NBA draft picks + Auburn University is a nice looking combo.  I hope Chuma plays one additional year.  He'd be an absolute monster next year.  Yes, I'm Auburn selfish and proud of it!

• 2 months later...

Disclosure:  I know almost nothing about the NBA

Wiley has had a dreadful year, not showcasing anything but shotblocking.   He misses close in, he is not a long range threat, not a great defender overall and to me, sometimes looks lost.  

Shouldn't he return and try to develop and become a legit NBA prospect instead of a project who probably can't play in the NBA?

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

Disclosure:  I know almost nothing about the NBA

Wiley has had a dreadful year, not showcasing anything but shotblocking.   He misses close in, he is not a long range threat, not a great defender overall and to me, sometimes looks lost.  

Shouldn't he return and try to develop and become a legit NBA prospect instead of a project who probably can't play in the NBA?

It's already been said in his thread recently that he is likely to return, especially since he's still hurt & his injury will not get any better or worse this season.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Is coach Pearl recruiting at any big 6-10 to 7-foot centers for next year and in the future?

I’ve read Auburn is the favorite to land Clifford Omoruyi who’s a top 60 overall player. He’s a 6-10 Center. Would expect AU to be able to land a good grad transfer center though if needed. 

On 2/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, boomstick said:

This is the best way I know how to show the roster down the road. I have put everyone who might return into the 2019 and 2020 rosters just to show where we are. The 2019 class will probably have at least 4 players in it because we lose 4 seniors. What happens this offseason will have a major impact on the next 2-3 recruiting classes. The large senior class combined with multiple underclassmen potentially leaving makes that 2019 recruiting class one of the more important classes in recent Auburn basketball memory.

Good time to make the final four, huh?

Thanks for the chart, it's great!

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Good time to make the final four, huh?

Thanks for the chart, it's great!

Is it ever not a good time to make the Final Four?

Tyrese Maxey feeding Isaac Okoro for the monster alleyoop finish off the in-bounds pass. 150+ NBA scouts here to witness a highly competitive USA Basketball scrimmage the night before the in Portland.

0:08
9.9K views

Embedded video

8:09 PM · Apr 11, 2019 · Twitter Web Client

• 1 month later...

Current 2020 Roster:

McCormick  - Final Four, SEC Champion, "Blue Blood Slayer" nickname

Turbo - 4*

Jamal Johnson -  Role Player

Samir - Final Four, 2 NCAA Tournament appearances, SEC Champion

Flanigan -  Role player, 4* by some

Okoro -  5* by some, possible one and done player by some 

Purifoy - Final Four, SEC Champion, Most potential for any Auburn player in last 15-20 years.

Jaylin Williams - Highly touted 4*

Wiley  - Final Four, SEC Champion, 2nd most potential for any Auburn player in last 15-20 years

McLemore - Final Four, 2 NCAA Tournament appearances, 2 time SEC champion

Akingbola - Role Player, mostly 3* but great upside

We ok. 

On 5/17/2019 at 2:50 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Current 2020 Roster:

We ok. 

Maybe, but who is the scoring threat? This is going to look like a very different AU team next year. Maybe there are more slashers and less throwing up 3s, but that's what Pearl likes to do. Hoping a couple of shooters come out of this group early.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:50 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Current 2020 Roster:

McCormick  - Final Four, SEC Champion, "Blue Blood Slayer" nickname

Turbo - 4*

Jamal Johnson -  Role Player

Samir - Final Four, 2 NCAA Tournament appearances, SEC Champion

Flanigan -  Role player, 4* by some

Okoro -  5* by some, possible one and done player by some 

Purifoy - Final Four, SEC Champion, Most potential for any Auburn player in last 15-20 years.

Jaylin Williams - Highly touted 4*

Wiley  - Final Four, SEC Champion, 2nd most potential for any Auburn player in last 15-20 years

McLemore - Final Four, 2 NCAA Tournament appearances, 2 time SEC champion

Akingbola - Role Player, mostly 3* but great upside

We ok. 

Good list but IMO Wiley and Purifoy are the most over-hyped AU basketball player in the last 10-15 years and both have quite a ways to go to just be a reliable and durable starter.   Guess I'm not so sure how "OK" we are....:dunno:

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Good list but IMO Wiley and Purifoy are the most over-hyped AU basketball player in the last 10-15 years and both have quite a ways to go to just be a reliable and durable starter.   Guess I'm not so sure how "OK" we are....:dunno:

Idk. They were both pretty immense factors as freshmen. Purifoy averaged double figures and had two games with 26+ points. Wiley came in in January and then led the league in free throw attempts per minute. They definitely slumped this season somewhat, but they were definitely displaying their potential early in their careers. Hopefully they both take a step forward this season 

9 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Idk. They were both pretty immense factors as freshmen. Purifoy averaged double figures and had two games with 26+ points. Wiley came in in January and then led the league in free throw attempts per minute. They definitely slumped this season somewhat, but they were definitely displaying their potential early in their careers. Hopefully they both take a step forward this season 

Both had non-basketball related disturbances that obviously affected their development but I do recall that some folks were talking about both of them being "one and done".   Hoping they can put that behind them and get a fresh start this year. 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, ellitor said:

The school is in the process of updating it. The new enrollies haven't been added yet.

https://auburntigers.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

It looks like they're showing up now. I guess they're slowly adding information to the roster.

2 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

It looks like they're showing up now. I guess they're slowly adding information to the roster.

Yup! Looks like they were added right after I posted. lol

On 9/9/2019 at 1:44 PM, ellitor said:

Yup! Looks like they were added right after I posted. lol

Is Myles Parker admin on that page? LOL. He is the only player with a picture.

Archived