Softball "Woman" Crush Thread

GBAU83

Someone started a "man-crush" thread for football - pick who your favorite is to have a "man-crush" on the team and then be the one to brag about that player during the season.  Thought we could the same for our softball ladies and have a "woman" crush thread.

I'll get it started and take KK Crocker.

Not sure what it is about her but see her as a fireplug type player, gritty on defense, steady at bat, can hit as a slapper or with power.  Started season play well, I don't recall any errors by her and hit fairly well over the six games.  Her triple in the first inning against Wichita State scored Draper for the winning run and she had several RBIs throughout the six games.

Well, my crush would have been Carlee Wallace had she stayed with us instead of transferring to freaking Baylor. Instead it'll be Makayla Martin, despite a bit of off the field issues she's had. :)

I started to go with Taylon, but wanted to go with someone that we have seen play a lot more. 

Casey McCrackin. I love her poise and dedication wherever she is needed. Her big homeruns at the end of the year were nothing short of exciting with the timing of it all. 

12058056.jpeg

8 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

My new favorite, since Carlee is gone, has to be Victoria Draper.  I've always liked fast women. 

Six posts for this thread to start heading off the rails :yes:

Is your nickname Cruiser?

I am on board with GBAU83 on Crocker and AUBwins for McCrackin.  For some reason I liked KK when she first came into the program.  I really like how smooth she swings the bat.  McCrackin seems to always be a big supporter of her teammates.  I totally agree with the term poise description.  I saw some video of her giving a speech her senior year of high school and all I could think of is how poised she appeared.  I noticed in an article yesterday that Coach Dean said she would be in the lineup this week  at either 2nd or 3rd.  I am guessing 3rd.  She has apparently been hitting very well in practice prior to the start of the season.  

It would be interesting to see McCrackin at 3rd and taking Veach out of the lineup.  The other option is Veach moves to catcher, but I don't think she has hit the ball as well as Shea.  Or Veach could DP instead of Tannon - I think they both hit about the same over the weekend.

Alyssa Rivera. Came out of nowhere last year to be a leader as a freshman.  She gathered enough attention to be selected to the USA Junior Team.  I expect big things out of her this season. 

37 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Alyssa Rivera. Came out of nowhere last year to be a leader as a freshman.  She gathered enough attention to be selected to the USA Junior Team.  I expect big things out of her this season. 

That's 2 for Lyssa!

20 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Casey McCrackin. I love her poise and dedication wherever she is needed. Her big homeruns at the end of the year were nothing short of exciting with the timing of it all. 

Yeah.  Her HR against MSU in the bottom of the 7th tied the game and allowed Carlee the opportunity to hit the walk-off.  I was at the game and the place was crazy.

On 2/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, Linayus said:

Well, my crush would have been Carlee Wallace had she stayed with us instead of transferring to freaking Baylor. Instead it'll be Makayla Martin, despite a bit of off the field issues she's had. :)

Linayus, your crush CRUSHED it Saturday.  That was a great game she pitched with a 2-hit, 9 strikeout shut-out complete game!

Well, my crush, KK Crocker, did well against Maryland in the first game with 2 hits, 1 RBI and 1 run scored and no defensive errors.  Was not as strong in the second game at the plate but no errors in the field.

Great two games overall for the Tigers.  Outscored opponents 17-1 and only gave up 3 hits and  one error.  The passed ball that allowed the run to score for Maryland was not shown as an error.

On 2/18/2018 at 8:12 AM, GBAU83 said:

Linayus, your crush CRUSHED it Saturday.  That was a great game she pitched with a 2-hit, 9 strikeout shut-out complete game!

I haven't been able to watch any games so far, but I check the highlights when they are posted. :) I hope Makayla keeps up that kind of production!

• 1 month later...

Dowell started again tonight and made a super play on turning a double play late in the game...

McCrackin again played a great game.  Had one of the best at bats of the season. 8 pitches into the at bat, the count is still 0-2. 8 more pitches later, she hits a RBI single/double on a full count. In the at bat, she absolutely crushed the ball that cleared the top of foul pole but hooked foul.  Casey also bare handed the flip from Dowell on the Web gem double play. Have yourself a game girl!

18 hours ago, wildling said:

I'll go with McKenna Dowell - great hustle and she looked good at the plate against ASU - I think she'll be a big part of Auburn's future.

Good call.  She had a great game tonight. 

Archived