2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

I do not understand why Rivals has us as low as 19 with lesser SEC teams ahead of us in recruiting. Why isn't Pappoe listed as a 5 star recruit? Fromm should be a 4 star recruit. I know once we fill out our recruiting 2019 roster, we should move up several places to the top 10 hopefully.

23 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I do not understand why Rivals has us as low as 19 with lesser SEC teams ahead of us in recruiting. Why isn't Pappoe listed as a 5 star recruit? Fromm should be a 4 star recruit. I know once we fill out our recruiting 2019 roster, we should move up several places to the top 10 hopefully.

At this point rating per recruit matters more than total rating.  We are 10th in rating per recruit on rivals. As for us being 19th overall it’s because we have 13 commits right now and everybody else has 15 or more.

Don’t worry about Pappoe not being a five star right now. If he stays in the top 30 on rivals he will get his fifth star. They always work up to about 30 5*s in every class by national signing day.

It will end up a top 10 class at worst and still could be a top-five class.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

we have 13 commits right now and everybody else has 15 or more.

I make it 14, 15 if the transfer is included.

@mcgufcm“On the whole, you'd have to look at the list and say Martin has good odds of achieving stud status at Auburn. 16 SEC/ACC signees:  8 studs, 5 duds, 1 tweenerand 2 TBD. Looking at Bama/Auburn signees only, there are 11 signees:  7 studs, 3 duds, and 1 TBD. Looks like JJ6 and Roc were less common than Kerryon Johnson.”

So, based on the numbers (can’t count the TBD), Asa has a 70% chance for Stud Status!   With his combination of measurables and intangibles, I would agree with those numbers.  I think he’ll be a solid contributor by the end of this year!

We got a commit from a 2020 DT. I only have my phone right now and it’s hard to do threads on my phone. Can someone else create the thread please?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

We got a commit from a 2020 DT. I only have my phone right now and it’s hard to do threads on my phone. Can someone else create the thread please?

I know it is really early,  but can we start a 2020 commit thread?  At minimum just park the 2020 committed players threads in one location?  

Believe Kieth tweeted earlier with the latest 2020 commit,  our 2020 class is now ranked 4th.    

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

I know it is really early,  but can we start a 2020 commit thread?  At minimum just park the 2020 committed players threads in one location?  

Believe Kieth tweeted earlier with the latest 2020 commit,  our 2020 class is now ranked 4th.    

RIR  has a section for the 2020 commits on the homepage of the website.  Somebody can also do a 2023 if they want. I’m not doing it. I’ll come around for a commitment or if I’m tagging a question otherwise I won’t be around much.

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

RIR  has a section for the 2020 commits on the homepage of the website.  Somebody can also do a 2023 if they want. I’m not doing it. I’ll come around for a commitment or if I’m tagging a question otherwise I won’t be around much.

Going somewhere?  Retiring?  

On 8/12/2018 at 7:20 PM, The Plainsman said:

Going somewhere?  Retiring?  

Just not going to be at the forefront of this forum any longer As far as reading every single post. I’ll still create threads on high targets and bring over articles if they are a quick copy and paste.  And answer any questions that tag me in of course.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

Hey @WFE12.  Can you do me a favor and create a thread on 4* DB Cam’ Ron Kelly? I’m without a computer for another week or so and it’s hard to create threads on my phone.  Thanks in advance . Auburn’s recruitment with Kelly has gotten interesting.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hey @WFE12.  Can you do me a favor and create a thread on 4* DB Cam’ Ron Kelly? I’m without a computer for another week or so and it’s hard to create threads on my phone.  Thanks in advance . Auburn’s recruitment with Kelly has gotten interesting.

Ok sure thing

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/3_auburn_commits_earn_5th_star.html#incart_river_mobile_index

3 Auburn commits earn 5th star from recruiting service

Updated Posted 

Auburn's 2019 recruiting class just got a little more star power.

Three committed players -- quarterback Bo Nix from Pinson ValleyHoover receiver George Pickens and Grayson (Ga.) linebacker Owen Pappoe -- became five-star prospects, according to updated rankings released today by national recruiting service Rivals.

Five-star prospects are considered the nation's elite, and recruiting services usually rate about three dozen players nationally as five-stars each year.

Pick1hand.JPG
Hoover's George Pickens makes a 1-handed catch at The Opening in Frisco, Texas. (Josh Bean | jbean@al.com)

Pickens wowed recruiting analysts at the mid-summer The Opening recruiting showcase in Frisco, Texas, making multiple one-handed catches while playing on the same 7-on-7 squad with Nix. He jumped to No. 12 nationally in the Rivals rankings and is the highest-ranked new five-star in the Class of 2019.

Pickens also supplanted Oxford offensive lineman Clay Webb as the state's No. 1 prospect, with Webb falling to No. 23 nationally.

"The playmaker has great size and he has performed on an extremely high level on every stage the last few months," Rivals recruiting analyst Chad Simmons wrote about Pickens. "We knew Pickens was very talented, but he has taken it to a new level this year. He wins jump ball situations, he overpowers cornerbacks, he creates separation and the Auburn commit has quickly emerged as one of the top overall players in the 2019 class."

Nix finished second in the Elite 11 quarterback competition, as he showcased his passing skills at The Opening while throwing to Pickens and Georgia commit Jadon Haselwood. He also won the Quarterback Skills Challenge at the Rivals 5-Star Challenge in Atlanta in June.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound is now ranked 27th nationally by Rivals and the nation's No. 1 pro-style quarterback prospect.

"He may not have elite size, but he checks every other box," Simmons wrote of Nix, whose father, Patrick, played quarterback at Auburn in the 1990s.

Nix & Pickens work well together

Pappoe, a 6-foot-1, 205-pound outside linebacker, moves up to No. 26 nationally and the nation's No. 1-ranked outside linebacker.

"He is at that new-age linebacker that coaches covet due to his speed, versatility and the ability to stay on the field," Simmons wrote. "He may not have elite size, but he is so explosive, he makes plays all over the field and Pappoe continued to shine among the best over the summer."

That means Auburn's class features three of the nation's top 27 prospects, according to Rivals, but that's Auburn's representatives in the top 100.

Alabama, meanwhile, has six players among the top 100, but none in the top 40.

A-List No. 9: QB Paul Tyson

Alabama's top-rated player is linebacker Shane Lee, a 6-foot-2, 235-pounder from Baltimore, Maryland. He's ranked No. 46 nationally.

Hewitt-Trussville lineman and Alabama commit Pierce Quick also fell to No. 57 nationally. A tackle in high school, he's expected to move inside to guard or center in college.

Thompson lineman and Alabama commit Amari Kight checks in at No. 60 nationally, followed by Daphne defensive back and Alabama commit Christian Williams at No. 95 and Alabama defensive end commit Antonio Alfano, from Colonia (N.J.), at No. 97.

If you're scoring at home, that gives Alabama six players ranked in Rivals updated top 100 nationally, while Auburn has three.

Edited by toddc

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Wonder what this does for team rankings.  

It will go up. By how much though, we won’t know until the composite updates tonight or tomorrow.

Well if Bush has re-opened his commitment, could L Cox the DT re-open his, he likes Auburn a lot. 

Also who will be next to commit? Prichett? 

When you are rolling 7's and 11's- gotta keep throwing those dice, and keeping quality recruits as well!!!!

8 minutes ago, Roos said:

Well if Bush has re-opened his commitment, could L Cox the DT re-open his, he likes Auburn a lot. 

When you are rolling 7's and 11's- gotta keep throwing those dice, and keeping quality recruits as well!!!!

Most project L Cox to us. I think Derek Hall is probably the closest to committing at this time.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Roos said:

Probably not a take just yet with how many quality DBs interested in AU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1