2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

38 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Isn't that your alma mater Golf?

Yep then transferred to AU, then transferred to New Mexico, then transferred Vandy and finally back to AU. Good guess on your part

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I didn't assume there were many high profile ones there since no threads were being made.  I was just saying that there were definitely recruits there.

I know. I was clarifying for anyone who may not have known that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Do we have interest?  

Commitable interest? No. He's down the board a ways for a potential last DB spot. For sure behind Pritchett, Kenny Logan, Jammie Robinson, & Jaydon Hill at minimum.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Commitable interest? No. He's down the board a ways for a potential last DB spot. For sure behind Pritchett, Kenny Logan, Jammie Robinson, & Jaydon Hill at minimum.

Thanks. 4* decommitt from GA I would think would be a hot commodity.  

Crazy to think GA has lost a 5* and 4* in the last couple of days. 

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

4* decommitt from GA I would think would be a hot commodity.  

Another example where rankings can be overblown. Unless he picks things up & finds his true niche I don't expect him to stay a 4*.

4 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

UGA didn't lose Perry. He was in essence derecruited & politely from the way things look.

3 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Thanks. 4* decommitt from GA I would think would be a hot commodity.  

We already have 5 DB's committed. I'd think O-line, LB and RB would be higher priorities. Do we even want another DB?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see where 4* LB JD Bertrand just De-committed from Georgia. One was this Georgia cooling on him or is this a small blow to Georgia. I don't think we ever recruited him but is he somebody we might want to look at now.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I see where 4* LB JD Bertrand just De-committed from Georgia. One was this Georgia cooling on him or is this a small blow to Georgia. I don't think we ever recruited him but is he somebody we might want to look at now.

UGA cooling & no chatter between AU & JDB.

It is pretty amazing though from an optics standpoint. GA receives three decommits this week.  5* and two 4*.  

If that was going down here,  someone would have to be paying E overtime to try and keep this board sane. 

Edited by The Plainsman

24 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

It is pretty amazing though from an optics standpoint. GA receives three decommits this week.  5* and two 4*.  

If that was going down here,  someone would have to be paying E overtime to try and keep this board sane. 

The UGA boards are probably in meltdown mode. I don't go there so someone else will have to venture into "Go Dawgs" or whatever and file a report. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Good chance UGA replaces 2 of them with better talented prospects as they did last year.

• Like 2

GUYS I THINK WE HAVE A GREAT SHOT at this stud Tight End. I mean what TE would NOT want to play in this offense?! lol. Gus and TE's. A match made in heaven.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

GUYS I THINK WE HAVE A GREAT SHOT at this stud Tight End. I mean what TE would NOT want to play in this offense?! lol. Gus and TE's. A match made in heaven.

#TEU

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'd say the two stud tight ends we already have committed want to play in this offense. We've been trying to get Henry's attention for two years and he's simply not interested in Auburn. Strange as it seems, that happens from time to time.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'd say the two stud tight ends we already have committed want to play in this offense. We've been trying to get Henry's attention for two years and he's simply not interested in Auburn. Strange as it seems, that happens from time to time.

I could be wrong but given we have 2 TE commits & I think GWill's post was mostly sarcasm.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

I could be wrong but given we have 2 TE commits & I think GWill's post was mostly sarcasm.

It was entirely sarcasm, another shot at our current coaching staff. I get being disappointed in the season so far. I'm disappointed in this season so far but the incessant whining and blame placing gets old.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really concerned about our depth at OT. Do we have any 4-5 star tackles on the radar? Or are we just going to go JUCO after Wanogho and Driscoll graduate? 

Edited by AUTigerTime

1 hour ago, AUTigerTime said:

I'm really concerned about our depth at OT. Do we have any 4-5 star tackles on the radar? Or are we just going to go JUCO after Wanogho and Driscoll graduate? 

They graduate after next season. There are no 4 or 5* HS recruits at OT we have a real shot with. For the last OT in the class it looks like we will shop the transfer market in the Spring of 2019. Appears unlikely we go juco for an OT.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

They graduate after next season. There are no 4 or 5* HS recruits at OT we have a real shot with. For the last OT in the class it looks like we will shop the transfer market in the Spring of 2019. Appears unlikely we go juco for an OT.

Yea, i realize we got those 2 for another year, but you obviously don't want to be starting true freshman at OT. So it'd be better to get some in this year to get the coached up some. It seems almost certain that we HAVE to go the graduate transfer/JUCO route if we don't get some quality tackles in this class. Besides Troxell, we're not going to have anyone at Tackle in 2020 (baring freshmen).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AUTigerTime said:

Besides Troxell, we're not going to have anyone at Tackle in 2020 (baring freshmen).

Unless Ashley wakes up.

FWIW the part I posted about juco being unlikely is because there is a much greater chance of a miss rate on them than 4 year college transfers.

Getting another quality HS OT in this class would be ideal but seems unlikely right now.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Getting another quality HS OT in this class would be ideal but seems unlikely right now.

So that makes 1 or 2 in the last 3 classes?

@Mikey got the LBs straightened out and I've taken care of the safeties, but someone needs to take care if the OL

• Like 1