Null



Zeek

2019 Recruiting Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I could behave for a couple of hours

OVs are 48 hours. Also TT had visited AU many times before & never remotely acted that way til his OV. Very weird situation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not think he got sent home though. That def was the dude you were talking to who was recruiting for rocky top. I do not even think he is at U THUG anymore though hahahaha serves him right.

You may be right about the sent home part. I think he was just separated from the rest of the group. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

OVs are 48 hours. Also TT had visited AU many times before & never remotely acted that way til his OV. Very weird situation.

This is how I remember it also. I remember thinking we had a real chance to sign him. I really don't remember anything negative coming out about Trent and his visits to AU. 

Well... Here is really hoping it is more like Browns recruitment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting discussion guys though I don't usually get very interested until the guy puts his name on the national letter or whatever it is called....which seems like will be in December for most kids rather than Feb.   

The whole process of chasing after these prima donnas is hard for me to take. But the summarized version is much easier on me...:) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aujeff11 and @GwillMac6

Yall sure we are talking about the same person? 

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/08/06/trent-thompson-nations-no-1-prospect-to-announce-at-7-p-m-tuesday/

 

On a different note, while trying to find out about what Jeff and GWill were talking about, I see Thompson was the first ever nation's #1 recruit to go undrafted. 

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/trenton-thompson-signs-browns-recruiting-undrafted-ahah

As for our class, I really hope we hang on to Pickens, and get Haselwood and Cain. 

Edited by Auburn2Eugene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

@aujeff11 and @GwillMac6

Yall sure we are talking about the same person? 

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/08/06/trent-thompson-nations-no-1-prospect-to-announce-at-7-p-m-tuesday/

 

On a different note, while trying to find out about what Jeff and GWill were talking about, I see Thompson was the first ever nation's #1 recruit to go undrafted. 

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/trenton-thompson-signs-browns-recruiting-undrafted-ahah

As for our class, I really hope we hang on to Pickens, and get Haselwood and Cain. 

Yes that is him. He gave us a courtesy OV to AU because his mom felt like he owed it to garner. He wanted no part of it. He was all dawg...........I am sure Cowart will be the second. He was number 1 for rivals and espn but not 247 or the composite. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yall sure we are talking about the same person? 

 

Y’all are talking about the same guy. The official visit they are talking about happened six months after the article that you just posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what Keith's referring to. 

ei

Edited by AUDub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Wonder what Keith's referring to. 

ei

Tweets like that almost only mean a commitment. I will say it's not a 2019 guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Tweets like that almost only mean a commitment. I will say it's not a 2019 guy.

I want Suddes tip though.  Those are fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So anyone know the story on Oladele? 

Also will him not coming open a spot for Sandberg? Or do we just lose his spot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So anyone know the story on Oladele? 

Also will him not coming open a spot for Sandberg? Or do we just lose his spot? 

All covered in the update thread. Oladele & Cord are not related things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So anyone know the story on Oladele? 

Also will him not coming open a spot for Sandberg? Or do we just lose his spot? 

I don't know the story. Sadly, we just lose the slot.

  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AU made the top 6 for 3* DB Kenny Logan. Don't think he's a take right now...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auburn Rivals says big news coming for us today, any idea of what it might be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Roos said:

Auburn Rivals says big news coming for us today, any idea of what it might be? 

Do you have a link to where you saw this? I don't see anything from them on twitter or in The Bunker. I'll laugh if it was the 2020 commit we got yesterday.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad, article was dated 7/9/2018 so it must we about the commit we got yesterday...………..

 

I was excited we might have another today, oh well 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best stab at a predicted finish, which is really just me trying to organize and keep up with names. I would be over the moon with a class that looks like this, IF we get a 2nd tackle who isn't just straight up hot garbage:

Quote

QB (1)
4* Bo Nix
 

RB (1-2)
4* Mark-Anthony Richards
 

WR (2-3)
4* George Pickens
3* Ja'Varrius Johnson
4* Jalen Curry
 

TE (2)
3* Tyler Fromm
3* Luke Deal

 

OT (2)
3* Justin Osborne
?

 

OG/C (2-3)
3* Jakai Clark
4* Keiondre Jones
 

SDE/DT (3)
4* Jaren Handy
3* Jamond Gordon

4* Charles Moore (Miss St.)

Buck DE/LB (1-2)
4* Derick Hall
3* Colby Wooden


LB (3)
5* Owen Pappoe
4* Christian Harris
?


CB (2-3)
4* Jaylin Simpson
5* Andrew Booth
3* Nehemiah Pritchett
 

S (1-2)
Soph Kendarian Handy-Holly (Minnesota transfer)
4* Jashawn Sheffield

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My best stab at a predicted finish, which is really just me trying to organize and keep up with names. I would be over the moon with a class that looks like this, IF we get a 2nd tackle who isn't just straight up hot garbage:

 

FWIW I would have a ? at RB right now, add a ? at Center/Guard, replace Moore w/ Ladarrius Cox who I'm about to make a thread on, have 2 ?s instead of Harris at LB, & replace Pritchett with Zion at CB. Not sure Pritchett is a take right now.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW I would have a ? at RB right now, add a ? at Center/Guard, replace Moore w/ Ladarrius Cox who I'm about to make a thread on, have 2 ?s instead of Harris at LB, & replace Pritchett with Zion at CB. Not sure Pritchett is a take right now.

Bummer to hear about Jones. 

Much appreciated on the rest. 

Edited by ellitor
Added Center to post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Bummer to hear about Jones

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

Huh?

Ahhh. You said "add" and not "replace" at guard. Not sure why I made that assumption but I'm glad I made it in error!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now