Men open a 8.5 Point Favorite over Kentucky.

ellitor

2 hours ago, auburntiger1987 said:

ESPN Shows us as  -10 now. How things have changed. Never thought i'd see us that big a favorite over mighty uk

I don' care what ESPN says. they are still Kentucky.......

And we are Auburn...  so in my brain Kentucky is favored. just by name alone.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I was just coming to the board to ask if anyone recalls us ever being favored over Kentucky.

4 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is a big game for us in terms of perception imo. We need to take care of business tonight and make a statement. I hope Bruce has them ready to go.

Agree...this is probably our most important game in terms of national perception.  No matter what their record this year, people in other parts of the country (and voters) rank everyone in the SEC by how the do against UK.   Beat the spread for this game......and we might yet make that #1 seed.   

Right now, Michigan State is getting the sympathy vote.....chatter about being under appreciated. 

2-33 since 1990. 

Hard to believe we lost both times in 1999. 

In case you were wondering, last road win, 1988 vs. #1 UK, 53-52. John Caylor 3-pointer to win. 

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-basketball-kentucky-basketball-rupp-arena-john-caylor-game-winning-shot-1988

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Takes me back to Kentucky's Joe B. Hall days when we made Sam Bowie look silly and Melvin Turpin was whining about Barkley having "a loose lip".

Turpin called Barkley 'the kid'.

Barkley smoked their a$$ for 22 rebounds in the first match up. Joe B sent a thug after Barkley in the second game, to draw Barkley into a technical. It worked with Barkley ultimately ejected from the game

Well.....off to Ash Wednesday service and should be back to get into the mood for the game.... Arena should be rocking tonight.  

And hope the UK fans who show up paid a fortune for their tickets.....make them even sadder when AU sends them home with the "L".

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Well.....off to Ash Wednesday service and should be back to get into the mood for the game.... Arena should be rocking tonight.  

And hope the UK fans who show up paid a fortune for their tickets.....make them even sadder when AU sends them home with the "L".

Me and my sweet Valentine will be doing our part!  I'm taking her for a really swanky (early) dinner in Auburn and then she's taking me to the Arena for the big game.  WDE!:wareagle:

31 minutes ago, keesler said:

Me and my sweet Valentine will be doing our part!  I'm taking her for a really swanky (early) dinner in Auburn and then she's taking me to the Arena for the big game.  WDE!:wareagle:

Guthries?  

I badly want to watch the game tonight. But am afraid to. I listened to the first half of the State with Auburn playing poorly. Did not listen to the second half and Auburn took over.  Same with the first uga game, watching the first half of the game with Auburn again playing poorly. Followed the second half in here with Auburn pouring it on them.

Archived